TN TN - Jennifer Wix, 22, & Adrianna Wix, 2, Cross Plains, 24 March 2004 - #2

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Age Progression photos of Adrianna: http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p26/jospet/WixAdriannaAP4.jpg ; http://media.photobucket.com/image/...er Wix -TN-/jw-aw-age-progressedto7.jpg?o=72

Jennifer and Adrianna Wix have been missing since March 2004. We have a thread for them in the Missing Forum and it was suggested we have some fresh eyes look at their case. The fifth anniversary of their disappearance is fastly approaching and their family is still searching. Jennifer's mom is a member of Websleuths and I'd love for us to give her peace by bringing her daughter and granddaughter home. Here is a brief summary of the case as it was presented in 2005:

"CRIME LIBRARY

Wednesday, March 24, 2004 was not like any other day. Two-year-old Adrianna was in her bedroom, unaware of all that was happening. Her mother, 22-year-old Jennifer Wix and her live-in boyfriend, William Joseph Benton, were involved in a heated argument. That night, a very upset Jennifer called her mother, Kathy Holloway.

"She was upset," said Kathy, "and I offered to come and get her, but she felt she could handle the situation." That was the last time Kathy heard from her daughter. Adrianna and Jennifer had disappeared.

That Saturday, Kathy Holloway contacted the Robertson County Sheriff's Department to report she had not heard from or seen her daughter and grandchild since Wednesday. "We just want to hear from her," said Kathy. "We wish she would get in contact with us so we would know that she's all right. I just want her to call and say Mom, I'm not missing, I'm okay. If that's what it is, that's all I want to hear. She don't have to say where she's at if she doesn't want us to know. If she wants to be alone, just let us know." Jennifer is very close to her family and always stayed in touch with them two or three times a week. It was not like her to not let them know her whereabouts.

Local authorities treated the case as a missing persons case and immediately questioned Benton about Adrianna and her Jennifer. Initially, Benton reported that he last saw the missing child and mother on Thursday when she left with a friend he did not know. Benton changed his story upon further questioning and told the authorities he dropped off Adrianna and Jennifer at an Exxon gas station around 9:30 that evening, but he could not remember which station it was. The more he was questioned the more Benton's stories continued to change. Investigators from the sheriff's office followed up on every lead Benton provided, but only met dead-ends. Twenty-three-year-old Benton was released but has not been dismissed as a suspect.

As the weeks passed, posters and fliers were circulated throughout the county and a mass search was conducted. Friends, family members, neighbors and residents were questioned, with the hopes of gaining leads on Adrianna and her mother's whereabouts. Cadaver dogs were even used to search Benton's family's property and surrounding woods. "An intense and extensive investigation has been executed and is still underway," reported the Robertson County Sheriff's Office.

It has been five moths since Adrianna and her mother disappeared. Adrianna's entire family has been making public pleas for the safe return of her and Jennifer. They even hired private detectives to investigate the case. Adrianna goes by the nickname Nina and has a birth mark on her thigh. A $15,000 Reward is being offered for any information leading to the recovery of Adrianna and Jennifer Wix. Anyone with information should immediately contact the Robertson County Sheriff's Department, Detective Mike Carlyle ( 615-384-7971). Or call Texas EquuSearch (281-309-9500, toll-free 877-270-9500)." http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=141&st=0

Good job Kimster. Hope this does get the ball rolling towards bringing the Wix's home.

Here are a couple of other important links to help, besides the two on my signature line:

http://www.topix.com/forum/county/robertson-tn/TBVI2C7G5C1IJBLON
The above is a long conversation between the family of the missing and the family who last saw her alive.

http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=8092850
This is a link to the last family vigil held March 2008

I think you will find the people here are very dedicated and serious. I urge you to read the bios and all threads.

I saw these girls on a billboard going toward Nashville -- my brother was marry to a Benton -- I believe it was the Aunt of her boyfriend. any way I copy off some flyers and put them up at some busniess my husband cleans at night. hope it helps. I will keep praying.

I only read one and a half of the pages on topix out of 193, I believe.

From an outside point of view, there is so much fingerpointing from both sides of this case. One insists that the concrete has been xrayed and another says no it hasn't, both swearing that the report states it was/wasn't.

With Benton changing his story each time he is interrogated, makes him look guilty, but then there is a twist, Jennifer's mother is said to have threatened to take her baby, which would show reason for her to go into hiding. I am hesitant to believe that Jennifer's mother would threaten to take the baby and not want to help Jennifer escape this type of relationship also, unless Jennifer was in the drug scene as Benton is said to be. If this did take place, this would make it look like Jennifer left and went into hiding.

One person states that Jennifer lied to her mother about some of the abuse, I'm sorry but if a man put a gun in my mouth I would be "hauling *advertiser censored**" away from him and taking my baby with me to safety.

There was one post from the "supposed" Lt. to one of the posters asking that she contact him regarding a comment she made.

Was there any evidence in the home to suggest something bad happened to Jennifer and the baby?

I only read one and a half of the pages on topix out of 193, I believe.

From an outside point of view, there is so much fingerpointing from both sides of this case. One insists that the concrete has been xrayed and another says no it hasn't, both swearing that the report states it was/wasn't.

With Benton changing his story each time he is interrogated, makes him look guilty, but then there is a twist, Jennifer's mother is said to have threatened to take her baby, which would show reason for her to go into hiding. I am hesitant to believe that Jennifer's mother would threaten to take the baby and not want to help Jennifer escape this type of relationship also, unless Jennifer was in the drug scene as Benton is said to be. If this did take place, this would make it look like Jennifer left and went into hiding.

One person states that Jennifer lied to her mother about some of the abuse, I'm sorry but if a man put a gun in my mouth I would be "hauling *advertiser censored**" away from him and taking my baby with me to safety.

There was one post from the "supposed" Lt. to one of the posters asking that she contact him regarding a comment she made.

Was there any evidence in the home to suggest something bad happened to Jennifer and the baby?

This is exactly the viewpoint that the boyfriend's family (father) is hoping that everyone has! It just infuriates me that this is his main objective!

I can tell you about the concrete......for a year or two the people at UT Knox who did it were telling us that they had not brought any equipment to the property.......then a couple of months ago a dr from there finally called and said that he was the one who went and that they did take the ground penetrating radar equipment there but there were certain areas that it was useless.

As far as me threatening to take the baby.......that is just simply not true......before Jenn moved in with these people we discussed with her how critical it was for her not to take the baby to inappropriate places, her family all agreed that she could go where she wanted to but that we were there to watch after the baby for her if she felt she had to see this boy because we all agreed his home just was not an appropriate place for Adrianna. This was when she was dating him..........she moved in with him in Dec.......no such action was ever taken and it was never discussed with her again in any way. Her family was still helping her out when she needed it with Adrianna and supported her as a mother completely. If you think about it, he was the only issue that any family member had with the baby's welfare, so if she were going to break off with him, no one would have been anything but over joyed to have them both out of a bad situation. So mr b's theory doesn't hold water!

Jennifer didn't lie about the gun incident.........the day it happened and she called me she was soooo scared.........I know her well enough to know when I hear fear in my childs voice and I took it soooo seriously that I left my career and moved across the country. She never told me that she lied nor anyone else that I know of........this is more propaganda from B. Now, why in the world she would ever go back to him is something that still baffles me, more than anyone can imagine!

We will never know about evidence in the home, because an immediate search was not done. LE done, what they called, a "walk through"......and that's it for months. The last time that Jenn talked to anyone in her family she told them that little J was coming home from work and they were going on a picnic to talk over things.......so IMO, IF something happened to her, it did not necessarily happen in that house anyway.

Thank you for helping with the girls case.......all the fresh eyes that I can get on it the better!

This is exactly the viewpoint that the boyfriend's family (father) is hoping that everyone has! It just infuriates me that this is his main objective!

I can tell you about the concrete......for a year or two the people at UT Knox who did it were telling us that they had not brought any equipment to the property.......then a couple of months ago a dr from there finally called and said that he was the one who went and that they did take the ground penetrating radar equipment there but there were certain areas that it was useless.

As far as me threatening to take the baby.......that is just simply not true......before Jenn moved in with these people we discussed with her how critical it was for her not to take the baby to inappropriate places, her family all agreed that she could go where she wanted to but that we were there to watch after the baby for her if she felt she had to see this boy because we all agreed his home just was not an appropriate place for Adrianna. This was when she was dating him..........she moved in with him in Dec.......no such action was ever taken and it was never discussed with her again in any way. Her family was still helping her out when she needed it with Adrianna and supported her as a mother completely. If you think about it, he was the only issue that any family member had with the baby's welfare, so if she were going to break off with him, no one would have been anything but over joyed to have them both out of a bad situation. So mr b's theory doesn't hold water!

Jennifer didn't lie about the gun incident.........the day it happened and she called me she was soooo scared.........I know her well enough to know when I hear fear in my childs voice and I took it soooo seriously that I left my career and moved across the country. She never told me that she lied nor anyone else that I know of........this is more propaganda from B. Now, why in the world she would ever go back to him is something that still baffles me, more than anyone can imagine!

We will never know about evidence in the home, because an immediate search was not done. LE done, what they called, a "walk through"......and that's it for months. The last time that Jenn talked to anyone in her family she told them that little J was coming home from work and they were going on a picnic to talk over things.......so IMO, IF something happened to her, it did not necessarily happen in that house anyway.

Thank you for helping with the girls case.......all the fresh eyes that I can get on it the better!

Hi Kathy! It is nice to see you posting here. I read about Jennifer and Adrianna a couple of years ago and have kept up with them ever since. I feel certain the bf knows what happened and is responsible for whatever happened. I cannot remember - did the bf's family let LE search their property at some point? I seem to recall that they did but it was months, maybe years, after their disappearence and they had ample time to cover anything up.
It so unbelievably frustrating! I can't even imagine how it must be for you.

Do you still talk to LE? Do you know if they believe Benton was responsible?

I have a good friend who has been with the biggest loser for years and it is just baffling how many times she goes back to him after the abuse he has put her through. He also held a gun to her head and then proceeded to chase her through the neighborhood in his truck wielding a gun at her while she was on foot scrambling through people's backyards trying to away. She walked over 15 miles to her parents house and hid in the bushes. The next day she refused to admit anything happened and told us all about how he is the sweetest, most sensitive man she has ever met which was pretty hard to take considering she had a black eye and her cheek was swollen and red. He then came to pick her up and she went happy as a clam hugging and kissing him. It makes my stomach turn. I hate that man with every bone in my body. I wait for the day I get a call telling me that he has killed her or she has vanished.
It is a very frustrating and helpless feeling.

Hi Kathy! It is nice to see you posting here. I read about Jennifer and Adrianna a couple of years ago and have kept up with them ever since. I feel certain the bf knows what happened and is responsible for whatever happened. I cannot remember - did the bf's family let LE search their property at some point? I seem to recall that they did but it was months, maybe years, after their disappearence and they had ample time to cover anything up.
It so unbelievably frustrating! I can't even imagine how it must be for you.

Do you still talk to LE? Do you know if they believe Benton was responsible?

I have a good friend who has been with the biggest loser for years and it is just baffling how many times she goes back to him after the abuse he has put her through. He also held a gun to her head and then proceeded to chase her through the neighborhood in his truck wielding a gun at her while she was on foot scrambling through people's backyards trying to away. She walked over 15 miles to her parents house and hid in the bushes. The next day she refused to admit anything happened and told us all about how he is the sweetest, most sensitive man she has ever met which was pretty hard to take considering she had a black eye and her cheek was swollen and red. He then came to pick her up and she went happy as a clam hugging and kissing him. It makes my stomach turn. I hate that man with every bone in my body. I wait for the day I get a call telling me that he has killed her or she has vanished.
It is a very frustrating and helpless feeling.

Yes, they did finally do some sort of search there and it was months after the girls vanished! That was a very partial search and then there was another two years after they vanished.........I was not allowed to be anywhere near, so I can't confirm anything that happened at either search, but I will say that I believe that there was never a complete search done. When I say "complete", I am talking about for ex the fact that they never had a septic system inspected before covering it up and did not obtain proper permit until it was discovered that they had not followed protocol and laws to begin with.

I do still speak with LE on a regular basis........and I will say that they do not believe that Jenn ran away, they do believe that foul play is involved........For the first year or so though, they insisted that she had ran away, I am not privy to what exactly changed their mind other than the obvious, if anything.

I am sorry to hear about your friend.......I wish that these women, like my daughter, could understand the danger they are in and get out of these terrible situations! I'm a very strong person and just have a hard time understanding the reasoning, you know?

Thank you for helping with the case, I need new eyes on the case to see if there is something, anything that has been missed and to see if I can get renewed interest in my girls.

I can tell you about the concrete......for a year or two the people at UT Knox who did it were telling us that they had not brought any equipment to the property.......then a couple of months ago a dr from there finally called and said that he was the one who went and that they did take the ground penetrating radar equipment there but there were certain areas that it was useless. What did he mean useless, I read where there were areas that weren't allowed to be searched?

As far as me threatening to take the baby.......that is just simply not true......before Jenn moved in with these people we discussed with her how critical it was for her not to take the baby to inappropriate places, her family all agreed that she could go where she wanted to but that we were there to watch after the baby for her if she felt she had to see this boy because we all agreed his home just was not an appropriate place for Adrianna. This was when she was dating him..........she moved in with him in Dec.......no such action was ever taken and it was never discussed with her again in any way. Her family was still helping her out when she needed it with Adrianna and supported her as a mother completely. If you think about it, he was the only issue that any family member had with the baby's welfare, so if she were going to break off with him, no one would have been anything but over joyed to have them both out of a bad situation. So mr b's theory doesn't hold water! Ok this fills in some of the blanks. Before she moved in did the boyfriend show any violence toward her or the baby?

Jennifer didn't lie about the gun incident.........the day it happened and she called me she was soooo scared.........I know her well enough to know when I hear fear in my childs voice and I took it soooo seriously that I left my career and moved across the country. She never told me that she lied nor anyone else that I know of........this is more propaganda from B. Now, why in the world she would ever go back to him is something that still baffles me, more than anyone can imagine! Thanks for clearing that up, as a mother , I believe you. The topix forum was just hard to follow. As for her staying with him, he must of had some serious control of her and made some harsh threats not just physically, but verbally and she felt trapped and if she had left him, where would she go, she would have come to you and this would have put you and the rest of the family in danger, which I believe she didn't want to do. It is hard to understand the mindset of these women in these situations. It seems these types of men can take a decent intelligent girl who knows to do the right things and has the ability to do the right thing, and make them into captive slaves and believing they can do no better. None of us know the torment they go thru if we haven't experienced it.

We will never know about evidence in the home, because an immediate search was not done. LE done, what they called, a "walk through"......and that's it for months. The last time that Jenn talked to anyone in her family she told them that little J was coming home from work and they were going on a picnic to talk over things.......so IMO, IF something happened to her, it did not necessarily happen in that house anyway. I would say it either happened on the way or at the picnic site. But about the search, this seems to be a nationwide problem with LE, not doing a thorough job of searching and collecting evidence. This type of mishap is happening way too much.

If Benton has gone around and bragged that he killed them, why isn't he in jail? Have they put him under pressure to the point of breaking, if not they need to.

Note: i was hoping to ask questions after your statements in this message, I changed the text color for my replies, but it changed the whole message yours included.

If Benton has gone around and bragged that he killed them, why isn't he in jail? Have they put him under pressure to the point of breaking, if not they need to.

Note: i was hoping to ask questions after your statements in this message, I changed the text color for my replies, but it changed the whole message yours included.

Debbie........sending a PM.

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about your girls. but I can tell you that when a women goes back to a person that abuses them. They can't help it. I know because I kept going back for 13 years. I’m not sure what they do but they pick at your self esteem until you think they are the only ones that will ever care about you. My mother stopped speaking to me because she couldn’t stand it anymore. But I knew she loved me and now we are fine.
I put of some flyers up for you. I don’t speak to my brother very much but I have called him to see if he ever heard anything while he lived there.

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about your girls. but I can tell you that when a women goes back to a person that abuses them. They can't help it. I know because I kept going back for 13 years. I’m not sure what they do but they pick at your self esteem until you think they are the only ones that will ever care about you. My mother stopped speaking to me because she couldn’t stand it anymore. But I knew she loved me and now we are fine.
I put of some flyers up for you. I don’t speak to my brother very much but I have called him to see if he ever heard anything while he lived there.
Thank you for that. Someone somewhere has information that will help find these girls. The person may not even know that have this info. It could be something that seems totally innocent until put into the rest of the facts. Please, tell him that ANYTHING he remembers will be helpful. Anything said no matter what could be important. Thank you for caring.

I live near Nashville and i dont think i ever seen this on tv.I will keep up with this now and pay more attention.God Bless you and sorry to hear about your girls

I live near Nashville and i dont think i ever seen this on tv.I will keep up with this now and pay more attention.God Bless you and sorry to hear about your girls
We will have information out soon about the yearly vigil for the girls. Mark off you calendar for the 21st of March and come support Kathy and the family. We are only about 15 miles north of Nashville.

:confused:question:
Should I post here or on the other thread?

I think that either place is ok, but I believe that some were wanting to move it here to cold cases because of the sleuthers here. Also, you may expect to see trouble makers from topix come here as they are lurking here but not posting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back