Family Says Fake Web Site Created About Haleigh To Make Money

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
Family Says Fake Web Site Created About Haleigh To Make Money
February 22, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. --Web site hoax is putting a wrench in the search for Haleigh.

Her family said someone created a fake Web site in an effort to collect money.

Family members said the Web site is not affiliated with them or the police.

The Web site also has Haleigh's name misspelled.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18768154/detail.html

Fake, soliciting money, taking advantage of a lost child and her family, mis-spelling words.... DM jumps to mind.

No surprise, this world sure is full of some very twisted people. Hopefully nobody made any donations to the site.

They are no longer accepting donations. This has already been posted.

They are no longer accepting donations. This has already been posted.

I am sorry, I didn't see the article you are referring to. I found this article that was posted on 2/22/09. I figured it was a new article or another group trying to make money off of this poor child. Did anyone find out who the group was? I have came across a few sites for Haleigh's, but none that are asking for money.

No need to be sorry,the post was actually made by me on the rewards and donations thread. I was corrected by a mod that said the article stated that the donations were no longer being accepted in which i guess i did not see. The site is still up but it was first made by a Kim Savage and now it is being ran by an 11 year old which i find odd. (maybe her child,who knows) There is not much to the site,but it does state by a family member of Haleigh that they do not know the person that made the site and to be aware of fraud. Im assuming the article was correct in stating that the site no longer was recieving donations because i could not find anywhere on the site listed to donate.

I hope LE can track down the scum that made that site for fraud!

OMG that makes me ill!!! Some people are just too low for words.

It's a scam, it's a fraud...no wait, is that Kidfinders Network?

Is the site findhailey.com the same one that was on the news? It is created by an 11 yr old girl!

Why do the families of both sides need donations?They're not spending money looking elsewhere for her.I remember when the VanDams,Danielle's parents were looking for her,they fed and gave water out to searchers.These families aren't needing to do that.I can see taking them food,campers,tvs,but why money coming in for looking for her when I don't think they are.I think all proceeds for missing children should go to helping find the child and an education fund if they are returned and even in this case,JR.The reason I'm saying this,is because wacko parents that want to do something to thier child,because they know they can get rich off of it,will be encouraged by dollar signs.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/...ged-Internet-Scam/RDXmiipDXEK0sVVZzuu-1A.cspx

(snip)
The website "find haleigh.com" was launched a few days ago.

It has Haleigh's pictures, tells the story of her disappearance, but does not spell her name correctly.

The website was launched by Kim Savage in Arizona. Savage tells us she was planning to give 100% of the proceeds to Haleigh's family. Once haleigh's family got word about the website, they contacted Paypal. The website is no longer receiving donations to help with the Haleigh investigation.

ITA! I think the site should be removed. I find it hard to believe an 11 yr old is behind it!

I also find it hard to believe. That site looks pretty advanced for an 11 year old....:waitasec:

Strange that the person authoring the website obviously knew how to spell Haleigh(after all--site was registered as findhaleigh.com)yet spelled it incorrectly in a prominent area (heading) of the page.

The content doesn't sound like the writing of an eleven-year-old.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
OT: I'd like to take this time to apologize for spelling Haleigh's name incorrectly when I first started posting here. I have a very close family member whose name is so similar that by reflex I added a "y" to her name. Went back to correct all posts that I was able...some weren't open for editing. So sorry. (especially to Haleigh)

There should be an overseer of the bank a/c and anyone starting any donation sites or anything online should first get approval from the overseer,even have donations directly into bank a/c.You know all this donations and selling things are going to be another battle in court with the families and everything needs to be written and accounted for.

Unfornuately I think this is going to be a bigger mess than the Anthony case and years of court battles at Haleigh's expense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back