How many different versions are there ?

JaneInOz

Former Member
Reaction score
Seriously is it any wonder that we are all scratching are heads and wondering what on earth is going on?

I have found numerous versions in LE statement about Roy Kronks Discovery of the skull (just for ONE example)

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740668/detail.html

Snipped

......informed me that a county worker had entered the wooded area, lcoated a black plastic bag, had punctured the black plastic bag with a stick and a childs skull had come out of the bag.....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2009-02/45125794.pdf

Snipped

picture.php

And then Ive also read in the latest doc dump how it was never touched it was already out of the bag

Why do they do this ? And which is the truth ? I think this is very important...

Seriously is it any wonder that we are all scratching are heads and wondering what on earth is going on?

I have found numerous versions in LE statement about Roy Kronks Discovery of the skull (just for ONE example)

Snipped

Snipped

picture.php

And then Ive also read in the latest doc dump how it was never touched it was already out of the bag

Why do they do this ? And which is the truth ? I think this is very important...
I think it's mostly the Telephone Game effect. Also, some interviewers are more careful to elicit considered responses, and then to revisit them for depth.

When the RK story first surfaced my (stunningly beautiful) wife heard that he had "picked up" the garbage bag. Her reaction? "EEEwww. I'd never touch anything like that." I said "Maybe he kicked it or something first. That's what I'd probably do."

We all know that much hay was made from very little out of those initial reports. And I will say that the more detail that is revealed, the more reasonable RK's story becomes.

Not that I ever had any particular issues with it in the first place.

I think it's mostly the Telephone Game effect. Also, some interviewers are more careful to elicit considered responses, and then to revisit them for depth.

When the RK story first surfaced my (stunningly beautiful) wife heard that he had "picked up" the garbage bag. Her reaction? "EEEwww. I'd never touch anything like that." I said "Maybe he kicked it or something first. That's what I'd probably do."

We all know that much hay was made from very little out of those initial reports. And I will say that the more detail that is revealed, the more reasonable RK's story becomes.

Not that I ever had any particular issues with it in the first place.

OOooo you are such a sweetie arent you :blowkiss:

Yes BUT its not just the skull rolled out / didnt roll out / was kicked / wasnt kicked / was poked / prodded or otherwse

There are OTHER accounts that have been different and its not the media..

Is it any wonder we are confused ? and misguided !!!

Snipped

Snipped

picture.php

I think in the latest doc dump LE, upon looking at the scene, determined that the skull was outside the bag. Kronk saw the bag, and thought the skull was part of the bag when he nudged it with his foot. That is what I believe LE believes happened. Kronk was looking at the skull all the time, just didn't realize it.

I think in the latest doc dump LE, upon looking at the scene, determined that the skull was outside the bag. Kronk saw the bag, and thought the skull was part of the bag when he nudged it with his foot. That is what I believe LE believes happened. Kronk was looking at the skull all the time, just didn't realize it.

Yes but my point is that he said he kicked it and the skull *rolled out* in one LE statment and then in another it was stated that he never did actually do that it was already out away from the bag...

OOooo you are such a sweetie arent you :blowkiss:

Yes BUT its not just the skull rolled out / didnt roll out / was kicked / wasnt kicked / was poked / prodded or otherwse

There are OTHER accounts that have been different and its not the media..

Is it any wonder we are confused ? and misguided !!!
I suspect that if all the varying accounts were backtracked to their original source then we would find that there was a very limited set of alternatives, and that they would be largely explained by the normal variables of human speech.

Most people are not very precise in their choice of words, and would be very surprised if they were to listen carefully to what they themselves actually say.

People tend to be less than charitable when they see (or rather hear) this same tendency in others, and if there is an axe to grind then the most minor variances from perfect suddenly become massive Freudian Slips.

I am really anxious to read meter reader's account of what took place, as well as his 2 co-workers account of things. Hopefully that will paint the whole picture of what happened, rather than just getting little bits here and there - and then having to figure out which little bits are correct. I noticed they took his "stick" into evidence and wonder why??

I suspect that if all the varying accounts were backtracked to their original source then we would find that there was a very limited set of alternatives, and that they would be largely explained by the normal variables of human speech.

Most people are not very precise in their choice of words, and would be very surprised if they were to listen carefully to what they themselves actually say.

People tend to be less than charitable when they see (or rather hear) this same tendency in others, and if there is an axe to grind then the most minor variances from perfect suddenly become massive Freudian Slips.

WEll under these circumstances its imperative that the speech is 100% accurate and not interpretated and thousand ways..

Don't you agree ?

And why isnt it !

I cant believe chinese whispers occur in police investigations !

WEll under these circumstances its imperative that the speech is 100% accurate and not interpretated and thousand ways..

Don't you agree ?

And why isnt it !

I cant believe chinese whispers occur in police investigations !
100% is rarely achieved in anything in real life.

Most people lose precision under stress and pressure.

Most police investigations tend to make people feel stressed and under pressure. This is true whether or not they are actually guilty of anything.

"The truth doesn't change. The truth is always the truth." ~~Marc Klaas, NG Show

I guess I read the differing statements as 1)misunderstood by the media. 2) listening to RK retell how he'd found it. 3) Reading how YM found it. I don't think they're necessarily contradictory (save what might have been in the media as reporter retelling versus quoting RK directly). I see nothing contradictory in RK using his meter stick to poke at the bag and then lifting the bag seeing the skull underneath and assuming that it rolled out. He didn't pick up the skull like YM did, and he didn't assess whether it was where it was for a long period of time. It was the fuller report of YM which I use to explain where and how the skull was in situ. I will allow that RK thought he'd knocked the skull out of the bag. I'll give the media poor reporting marks for just jumping on a lot of rumors and running with them. Again.

The media rushed it, that is for sure. But many readers/listeners want what ever they got at the time. Setting back, waiting on pins and needles. IN a way, that contributes to the cause of 'rushing' with what they got.

As they sort it out, and re- tell the story, folks tune in to learn the latest 'known' info.

I"ve noticed a trend for the last several years, where an on-line story is changed to reflect the lastest info. The story looks the same, but there will be changes. If you didn't copy the story earlier, you wouldn't know a change had been made.

To put it bluntly, "Breaking News", generally means "on the scene' and the reporters or anyone else really knows what they are talking about yet. They are telling it as they understand it at the moment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back