Bio Mom & her family

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate

Former Member
Reaction score
I see alot of criticism lobbed at this family. But try to put yourself in their shoes.

Crystal is Haleigh's mother, Marie is her grandmother. According to interviews last week, they have been locked out of receiving even the most basic information on the investigation into Haleigh's disappearance.

I recall them being asked if they knew anything about where Haleigh was sleeping, when she had dinner, etc. And their answers were basically that they heard in the media......... they seemed to have no more information than the public did.

I feel that some walls were erected- and even though we saw Ron and Crystal standing side by side at a vigil last week, I don't feel that the paternal family is being candid with the maternal family.

The mother and her family have every right to know each and every detail of what led to Haleigh's disappearance.

LE was clearly not concerned with them since over a week went by before they were polygraphed. Instead they seemed to focus on Misty- which makes perfect sense since she was the last person to see Haleigh.

I don't know who is responsible for shutting the Sheffields out of knowing the minute details but they certainly deserve that knowledge.

In my opinion, their decision to go on the GR show was an act of desperation- and I would have done the same thing if I were being shut out of receiving information pertaining to my daughter's disappearance.

I hope LE listens and shares some details with the family.

I see alot of criticism lobbed at this family. But try to put yourself in their shoes.

Crystal is Haleigh's mother, Marie is her grandmother. According to interviews last week, they have been locked out of receiving even the most basic information on the investigation into Haleigh's disappearance.

I recall them being asked if they knew anything about where Haleigh was sleeping, when she had dinner, etc. And their answers were basically that they heard in the media......... they seemed to have no more information than the public did.

I feel that some walls were erected- and even though we saw Ron and Crystal standing side by side at a vigil last week, I don't feel that the paternal family is being candid with the maternal family.

The mother and her family have every right to know each and every detail of what led to Haleigh's disappearance.

LE was clearly not concerned with them since over a week went by before they were polygraphed. Instead they seemed to focus on Misty- which makes perfect sense since she was the last person to see Haleigh.

I don't know who is responsible for shutting the Sheffields out of knowing the minute details but they certainly deserve that knowledge.

In my opinion, their decision to go on the GR show was an act of desperation- and I would have done the same thing if I were being shut out of receiving information pertaining to my daughter's disappearance.

ITA! I also think that before this happened Ron and his family had been trying their best to alienate Crystal and her family from these kids.

Are Crystals' family staying at the crimescene because they don't want to look bad that RC and his family are?Haleigh will not be walking up to the trailer,but to Sheriff's Dept.It seems that Crystal's Mom speaks for her and is the head of everything concerning them.Now after the GR stunt,which she looked so proud of herself,with no regard for Haleigh's safety if RC is an informant,the public there is surrounding themselves around Crystal's family,was this Marie's objective?

I read in paper last night Marie's coworkers came to support Crystal's family,bringing food and came to the vigil Marie is director to.Marie said,this is all about Haleigh all the attention needs to go to finding her,well then why did she stage that show on GR's?Marie said there are people selling tshirts with Haleigh's name on them and we don't know who they are.Is she worried she's not getting anything off of the sales?Is she out to be center stage of all of this and using this for the custody battle,does Crystal even want the custody or is her mother pushing her on what to say and do?When asked what drugs Crystal saw RC take,she had to think and her Mom and Dad were telling her in the GR show.Is Marie jealous of RC's Mom?

I would imagine the objective was to make someone listen to them- they are being treated as outcasts in some ways.

Crystal was not the custodial parent- but she did have a parental relationship with Haleigh- she saw her every two weeks and she is her mother. She is entitled to every bit of information pertaining to Haleigh that is out there.

A decent co-parent (Ron) would have sat down with Crystal and told her everything that he knew- from what Haleigh ate for dinner to the movies she watched on tv to the pajamas she was wearing to where she fell asleep.

That clearly never happened- and I believe this is typical of the intimidating/abusive pattern that exists in the relationship between Ron and Crystal.

Griffis says she isn't discouraged that there have been no new developments in the last few days. And she plans to continue on with the vigils every night, for as long as it takes. "We all feel like Haleigh's okay, I guess you could say it's mom's intuition and because she's my maternal grandchild, my close connection with her, I know she's okay. In the pit of my stomach I know she's find, I just don't know where she's at."

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...1963&catid=295 (Bolded by me)

Even TN said LE wasn't telling them anything,but being RC had the custody and him and Crystal were never married,ofcourse it would be him LE went to first.BTW,I am not defending RC or taking his side,by any means,do not care for him,but Crystal's Mom's motivation in destroying any unity the family had in raising JR,bringing him through this,has greatly disturbed me.This is about Haleigh and that weekend stunt was to draw attention and sympathy to Crystal,this is not about her or the custody,I am sickened by this.

Respectfully, I disagree with them going on GR as an act of desperation (if that's what it was) They made this "desperation" national, it really didn't need to go that far. There are other ways to seek information than to go on national television and throw stones at someone else. Who cares what Ron has done in the past, she obviously did the same things... (she admitted to it) It does take two to fight (I don't care who you are) so was going on GR really justified? I, like others think it was an attempted ploy to get custody.

I also don't think the other side of the family (Rons) will stoop to their level with a "come back" but I guess time will tell.

You know how I feel,Marie is another CA playing mother instead of Grandma.Crystal was doing a good job,starting to get her confidence in speaking to media.Marie needs to step back and let Crystal be the Mom and speak for herself.I don't feel Crystal wanted to do the GR show,but was pushed into it.Crystal and Chad should step up and take center stage instead of Marie,they will be the ones raising JR.

You know how I feel,Marie is another CA playing mother instead of Grandma.Crystal was doing a good job,starting to get her confidence in speaking to media.Marie needs to step back and let Crystal be the Mom and speak for herself.I don't feel Crystal wanted to do the GR show,but was pushed into it.Crystal and Chad should step up and take center stage instead of Marie,they will be the ones raising JR.

Why do you think they will be the ones raising JR? Do you think she will regain custody now?

I don't think Chad and Crystal will be raising Rj. No one has been charged with any wrong doing and Ronald still has custody. Even if Misty is charged...this will not affect custody. They don't take parental rights away in cases where a child goes missing unless they can prove the parent was involved. If that were the case, the Smarts and others would have had their other children removed from the homes for not turning on their alarms!

But the vigils were also starting to be done together,a family together,now later when JR sees all of this,how is he going to feel?He doesn't need both sides,going blah,blah,blah against each other.I think the GR stunt pretty much destroyed that and I don't think either one should get Jr.Surely between the whole bunch there is a stable mediary that would be able to raise JR.

Why do you think they will be the ones raising JR? Do you think she will regain custody now?

I don't know,but I hope the whole bunch are counseled for a long time.It is possible RC will be up on charges,because of being with Misty,and they could very well get custody.I believe Judge would look at thier abilty to have him,compared to RC's Mom. I like TN and RC's sister Crystal.

I think she is sick and tired of being treated as less than an equal to the other grandmother- and tired of her daughter- Haleigh's mother- being treated as secondary with regard to receiving information.
She needs to get over herself and make this about Haleigh. The police aren't telling either side anything, imo. There is no secondary issue other than air time. It looks like they want their 15 minutes, imo.

She needs to get over herself and make this about Haleigh. The police aren't telling either side anything, imo. There is no secondary issue other than air time. It looks like they want their 15 minutes, imo.

Yep,and if there's any selling of anything,that money should be put away for Haleigh's and Jr's education,hopefully.

I don't know,but I hope the whole bunch are counseled for a long time.It is possible RC will be up on charges,because of being with Misty,and they could very well get custody.I believe Judge would look at thier abilty to have him,compared to RC's Mom. I like TN and RC's sister Crystal.
I don't believe charges will be leveled at Ronald over being with Misty at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong