Chances of a safe return?

Egoslayer

Reaction score
I've been busy this weekend and just checked the news and was surprised that Haleigh was still missing. Do you think they'll ever find her?

What are the chances that a child is found after so long?

I pray for the best, but...
I'm expecting the worst.

I hope I'm wrong, and they bring her home safe and happy.

I think we're all praying for a family abduction and Haleigh will be found safe but the reality is the time missing without a poi.

I fear the worst for poor Haleigh. The family did the right thing by contacting the authorities right away. However, it has been over 12 days and no leads have panned out for her safe return.

United States Statistics Missing Children Statistics

- A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S., over 2,100 per day

800,000 children go missing each year

90% are juveniles

50% are 4 to 11 years old

Strangers commit 53% of child abductions that end tragically

Another 500,000 go missing without ever being reported

According to the U.S. Department of Justice

74% of tragic outcomes after a child abduction occurred within three hours of being taken. According to one study of missing children statistics and stranger abductions, showed that 44% of the cases ended tragically within the first hour. By the third hour, it was 74%, and within 24 hours, 91%.

How effective has Amber Alert been?
AMBER Alert has been very effective. Recent kidnapping statistics in America show that AMBER Alert programs have helped save the lives of over 350 abducted children nationwide.

AMBER Alert cases have already shown that some perpetrators release the abducted child after hearing the AMBER Alert on the radio or seeing it on television.
http://www.amberalertregistry.org/amber-alert-statistics.html

Hello everyone, I'm a newby here. I hope that she's OK, something tells me that she might just be OK, I don't know why but I really hope so.

I hope I am wrong (as we all do) and she is found alive. Statistics don't seem to bear this out however. I don't think this is in bad taste. Unfortunately, its reality and what we do here. If we didn't talk about "death" and other unsavory subjects, WS would cease to exist.

The statistics say that she was probably dead within the first 3 hours and almost certainly dead within 3 days.
However, there is still the chance in this case of one of the family's having her, so that would improve her chances.
I hope for the best, but know the real life chances...and they aren't good.

The odds aren't good, but there is always hope - Elizabeth Smart.

I am really worried for this child, but praying for a miracle.

I just have a feeling she will be found alive. I definitely hope I am right. :praying:

Unfortunately, I think Haleigh is deceased. Too much time has elapsed since her disappearance.

I think she is dead. Killed by who....is up in the air.

I don't know why... but I believe Haleigh is still alive (at least right now). I know there were supporters that truly believed Caylee was still alive, though I never felt that way, from the beginning. I just have a different feeling about this little one, I guess.

I have a bad feeling that she is deceased.
I really hope that I am wrong.

Miracles happen everyday. I am praying for Haleighs Miracle...

I think the chances are very slim, sadly. We all know the stats and this isn't looking good for Haleigh the longer this goes on without any solid leads.

IMO, the stats for abductions don't apply if this was murder from the get go. Which is sadly what I'm leaning towards. IMO, this is a murder staged to look like an abduction. A missing child does not necessarily equal abduction. ETA: A missing child is often missing because a parent or SO has hidden the childs body.

I'll look around to see if I can find the info. But there was an article about missing kids orgs misusing data. Such as there might be 800K missing kids a year, but most are found within a few hours at a friends house etc. There is a definite problem with missing kids. But sometimes the way the stats are stated makes it sound worse than it is.

JMO of course!

For some reason I 'm not getting shes dead....I still feel shes alive....with other missing kids I seem to feel instantly what has happen....Trenton Duckett, Maddie Mcane, Caylee Anthony....I think haliegh is till out there...but where and why????

http://www.connectforkids.org/node/223

(snip)
For instance, of those nearly 800,000 children reported missing each year, 99 percent are found through law enforcement efforts, according to FBI statistics. That still leaves 8,000 to 10,000 missing despite a prolonged search�a frightening, but certainly far more manageable, number.
We know that the vast majority of those missing have been taken by a non-custodial parent, have run away, or have been thrown out of their homes. The number of children kidnapped by others is far smaller, though absolutely devastating in every case.
About 200 to 300 children are kidnapped in the classic sense each year, according to the National Incidence Study of Missing, Exploited, Runaway and Throwaway Children (NISMART). Another 3,200 to 4,600 are taken for shorter periods, have something done to them, often a sexual assault of some type, and are then released. This number could be two to five times higher than the NISMART estimate, some believe, because of underreporting to law enforcement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back