Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 554

Thread: Who is Caylee's biological father? #2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    614

    Who is Caylee's biological father? #2

    I read through the original 34 page thread and the last post by JBean indicated that as long as the parentage was discussed a new thread could begin. (The last thread got derailed with discussions about KC's mental state).

    I think it is interesting that I was very certain that Caylee's father was an immediate family member. I was surprised to learn I was wrong (but relieved too!). It is a very good lesson for me because of what is called "confirmation bias". I was not very willing to look at the alternatives because I was always looking only to answers that shored up *my* theory. In my defense, there were many people who shared my view..but I was wrong to go off half-cocked about something so sensitive. (I do apologize to LA!)

    Meanwhile, the question remains....just who is Caylee's Dad?
    It seems reasonable that KC might have been getting regularly wasted with drugs and partaking in scads of sexual partners...but if that were so (and it was you in KC's position) wouldn't you have tried to find out in the worst way so that you could have gotten monthly support? I am trying to understand why KC would have let the father "go" and made up stories about the parentage.

    It does seem very relevant even though it has been hashed over before....to me it still seems a very important issue.

    Does it seem important to you? Who do you think Caylee's Dad is?
    Last edited by Patty G; 02-23-2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: changed title to #2

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    706
    I don't think she has a clue who the dad was/is.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Abilene, Texas
    Posts
    110
    I agree with Pollywog, I do not think she has any idea who the father was. Maury, anyone?
    Children make your life important.
    ~Erma Bombeck

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Actually there have been many threads on this since the original one.
    This seems to be a topic that is difficult for posters to discuss civilly.

    Feel free to discuss, but if there are any problems, we'll have to close it.

    thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    IMO, CA and KC or both wanted complete control over Caylee. Father=rights=vistation=another grandma=Caylee visitation, etc.
    I think this was deliberate and child support wasn't worth it.


    I also think she doesn't know for sure and didn't want to OR it was not someone she liked very well.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,751
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    IMO, CA and KC or both wanted complete control over Caylee. Father=rights=vistation=another grandma=Caylee visitation, etc.
    I think this was deliberate and child support wasn't worth it.


    I also think she doesn't know for sure and didn't want to OR it was not someone she liked very well.
    BINGO! I agree with this 100%. It's what I've said from the beginning...

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    599
    My vote is still that Caylee was a product of a rape-be it by a known or unknown person. I would guess a known person, such as a date rape scenario. It would explain the reasons behind the family covering up the pregnancy and refusing to ID the dad (after all, who wants a rapist to be a part of their child's life, esp when the child is a daughter, and the mother was raped as a teen, by said father). It would also explain KC's detatchment from her daughter and KC's behavioral changes post partem.
    Last edited by Clock's Tickin; 02-23-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling error

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    BINGO! I agree with this 100%. It's what I've said from the beginning...
    From what we have seen regarding family dynamics, I just cannot imagine them sharing Caylee with another family? No way.
    I think it is reported that CA offered to make sure Caylee was taken care of financially. I have no link this is just my understanding. IMO, this is part of how she controlled the situation. No dad=no competition

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    IMO, CA and KC or both wanted complete control over Caylee. Father=rights=vistation=another grandma=Caylee visitation, etc.
    I think this was deliberate and child support wasn't worth it.


    I also think she doesn't know for sure and didn't want to OR it was not someone she liked very well.
    ......ownership and dominion over Caylee.. I guess that would explain how and why they would not look at the benefit of support from the real Father.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5

    Unhappy

    At this point in time, why do we need to know who the father is, maybe KC doesn't know. Caylee is gone, I think we know so much about KC and her behavior and I think she murdered little Caylee, what good does it do anyone besides being nosey who the father is. It is not going to bring Caylee back and it's not going to change what happened to her.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,029
    Yeah, I think KC knows, was already done with the father when she discovered she was pregnant, and CA told her not to upset the apple cart. She told her that they would help with the baby and that the father would only complicate matters.

    Which was probably fine with KC, because I do think that she probably wouldn't have wanted to tell anyway.

    The interesting thing to me is that this case has gotten such media exposure and no one has done the math and come forward to cash in. Like "Hey, I slept with KC around that time and I want to know if Caylee was mine!'

    Very Maury, I realize, but I've been thinking about it for awhile. I mean, maybe the father knows and just wants to stay out if it, but IMO, I don't think so. Unless he really is dead, and that's the only way one could escape this case.

    There's always the sordid, yet always possible explanation that the father never knew KC's name. I don't tend to think so, though, because everyone seems to speak to a personality transformation recently. There's nothing to indicate she was a big party girl until the last year or so.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Southern California Near Disneyland
    Posts
    1,172
    Once it was determined that Casey lied about the bioDad being someone who died in an accident I've always thought the BioDad was some big-wig, a 'suit', someone with a lot of power, a very influential person either in the community or even the state.

    If this person found out Casey was preggy, he could lose it all.
    So I imagine the BioDad telling Casey "If you breath a word of this, a word of me being the father of this child, you and your family will have hell to pay".

    Ok, not those exact words but can you try to imagine a person with a lot of power, very influential, married, children, living in a McMansion and presenting himself to the community the "All American Perfect Family" and then being confronted by Casey and told he's going to be a Father?
    EEEEK!

    Just picture it...picture all the ramifications, the domino effect.

    Not even someone in her city but .........A city councilman, the head of LE, someone high up with the Fire Dept.

    ANYONE living 'the perfect American Family Life" would have a whole lot to lose should it come out he fathered a child with a very young woman.
    I imagine someone in a very high place could hold a whole lot over Casey's head.

    OK, stop yer laughing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GenaBena, my only sibling,
    In the time line of life, it wasn't supposed to happen this way.
    We were supposed to grow old together.
    Sleep Peacefully, Li'l Sis
    October 16, 2011


    ~~~~~~~~~~

    Amity

    Consciousness:
    That annoying time between naps.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amity For This Useful Post:


  15. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by MomofBoys View Post
    Yeah, I think KC knows, was already done with the father when she discovered she was pregnant, and CA told her not to upset the apple cart. She told her that they would help with the baby and that the father would only complicate matters.

    Which was probably fine with KC, because I do think that she probably wouldn't have wanted to tell anyway.

    The interesting thing to me is that this case has gotten such media exposure and no one has done the math and come forward to cash in. Like "Hey, I slept with KC around that time and I want to know if Caylee was mine!'

    Very Maury, I realize, but I've been thinking about it for awhile. I mean, maybe the father knows and just wants to stay out if it, but IMO, I don't think so. Unless he really is dead, and that's the only way one could escape this case.

    There's always the sordid, yet always possible explanation that the father never knew KC's name. I don't tend to think so, though, because everyone seems to speak to a personality transformation recently. There's nothing to indicate she was a big party girl until the last year or so.
    Another reason the rape scenario seems likely. No man is gonna come forward and say "Well, due to an indescretion on my part (I raped a teenaged KC at about the right time), it could be me."

    I also didn't see why paternity mattered, but someone pointed out that it could come into play at trial when looking for motive or state of mind.

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In left field (where the birds are)
    Posts
    3,746
    The A's refusal to name Caylee's father is one of the most intriguing aspects of this case. I think the immediate family member theory arose because it seemed impossible to immagine any other plausible reason for the A's to ignore Caylee's father.

    Caylee deserved a father, another set of grandparents and, possibly, some brothers and sisters. Caylee deserved to have any medical issues and/or predispositions documented. Caylee deserved to know her ethnic heritage. All of Caylee's rights to her father were ignored by the A's. Why ?

    Here's an off-the-wall idea. What if Casey was acting as an egg donor and surrogate mother ? The arrangement was private and informal. An agreement was signed and money was exchanged, but no investigations were made of either party.

    This baby was to be Casey's ticket to the "Beautiful Life" out of Casa Anthony. Then the baby was born and Cindy bull dozed a hormonal Casey into keeping her. Promises were made to Casey about the care of the baby. (Later, Casey accused Cindy of breaking those promises.) The father was told the baby died. Cindy was a nurse, she would have known how/where to get convincing documentation of this.

    Cindy's life was beyond dismal when Caylee was born. She wanted to end her marriage, but couldn't do so; the family's finances were in ruins; she had been bullied by a sociopath daughter for years; her beloved son was moving out and on; etc; etc; etc. Now, here, unexpectedly was this little ray of sunshine - a "perfect" baby that looked just like her. Cindy was not about to sell this precious baby. IMO, this could be the dark secret the A's have been hiding all along.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaymus at The Rock For This Useful Post:


  18. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Amity View Post
    Once it was determined that Casey lied about the bioDad being someone who died in an accident I've always thought the BioDad was some big-wig, a 'suit', someone with a lot of power, a very influential person either in the community or even the state.

    If this person found out Casey was preggy, he could lose it all.
    So I imagine the BioDad telling Casey "If you breath a word of this, a word of me being the father of this child, you and your family will have hell to pay".

    Ok, not those exact words but can you try to imagine a person with a lot of power, very influential, married, children, living in a McMansion and presenting himself to the community the "All American Perfect Family" and then being confronted by Casey and told he's going to be a Father?
    EEEEK!

    Just picture it...picture all the ramifications, the domino effect.

    Not even someone in her city but .........A city councilman, the head of LE, someone high up with the Fire Dept.

    ANYONE living 'the perfect American Family Life" would have a whole lot to lose should it come out he fathered a child with a very young woman.
    I imagine someone in a very high place could hold a whole lot over Casey's head.

    OK, stop yer laughing.

    Actually, I'm not laughing at all. Wow. That does make a lot of sense, and fits the "Someone is telling me to say all of this" that Casey told Annie (per the recent docs)...of course, not about killing Caylee, but maybe Casey is weaving the man-of-power's words to "not tell anyone" about the baby into her supposed script about the Nanny and what not. And that would explain why she never went after the $ and said the bio dad had died, thinking no one would ever look into it since he was supposedly dead and gone.

    Anyone else following me here? LOL

    ETA: I know there's other obvious reasons that a potential dad hasn't come forward, but this also fits the bill...
    Last edited by sarah7855; 02-23-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: ETA

    The truest love there is

  19. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,197
    Well I just think that it was probably a tourist she met. Had a fling, wasn't even sure if she knew his right name. The "father" probably isn't even aware of this case, or if he is hasn't made or considered any connection as KC probably told him she was on BC. None of her friends seem to know which is why I am going with the tourist thing, that and the fact she worked in a tourist industry at the time.
    IMO

  20. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    Quote Originally Posted by acadia View Post
    At this point in time, why do we need to know who the father is, maybe KC doesn't know. Caylee is gone, I think we know so much about KC and her behavior and I think she murdered little Caylee, what good does it do anyone besides being nosey who the father is. It is not going to bring Caylee back and it's not going to change what happened to her.
    As long as we do not irresponsibly throw names around, this is an angle of the case that may or may not have bearing on the case and KC's state of mind and what led to Caylee's death.

  21. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by acadia View Post
    At this point in time, why do we need to know who the father is, maybe KC doesn't know. Caylee is gone, I think we know so much about KC and her behavior and I think she murdered little Caylee, what good does it do anyone besides being nosey who the father is. It is not going to bring Caylee back and it's not going to change what happened to her.
    I understand what you mean...I wondered if the question itself isn't just a salacious thing....but it seems an integral part of the case from the standpoint that the parentage issue logically had to have created stress and issues in the family from the start. The parentage issue is the "back story" to the main story and possibly holds the key to the resentment KC felt for Caylee.

  22. #19
    ecs5298's Avatar
    ecs5298 is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL & Hardwood Mulch King & Bacon Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    United States of Bacon
    Posts
    9,287
    I agree with JBean that even if it could be narrowed down to 1 guy, CA wouldn't give up the control she had just for some child support.

    I do believe, however, that KC probably can't narrow it down to one dude. I'm sure that she thinks it could be Dude A, Dude B, Dude C or Dude D since they were at the party. (my conception theory is that she got blasted at a party and let's say hosted multiple guests that night). Anyhow, I'm sure that when Cindy found out she was pregnant there was some discussion as to who the father could be but I'm sure that KC wasn't pursuing it and CA wasn't going to pursue it either.

    I also imagine that the dude's out there would be very hesitant to speak up now since they would immediately come under the media spot light.

    JMHO as always.
    "When it all goes down the crapper, don't come crying to me. You were warned" - ecs5298, November 6, 2012

  23. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Clock's Tickin View Post
    My vote is still that Caylee was a product of a rape-be it by a known or unknown person. I would guess a known person, such as a date rape scenario. It would explain the reasons behind the family covering up the pregnancy and refusing to ID the dad (after all, who wants a rapist to be a part of their child's life, esp when the child is a daughter, and the mother was raped as a teen, by said father). It would also explain KC's detatchment from her daughter and KC's behavioral changes post partem.
    I think it is highly unlikely rape. Wouldnt they want to see the rapist be put behind bars for doing this to their daughter?

    I really just believe KC had too many partners and didnt want to look like a sl*t....ya know, didnt want to disappoint mommy and daddy. They did believe she was still a virgin, so she couldnt tell them that she had no clue who the dad was. KC knew her parents would foot the bill and take care of that baby.

  24. #21
    Okay the following is pure speculation and my opinion only based on what I know of this case.

    I think that Casey either didn't know the father or didn't want to admit it. She was living in the here and now at least from the time she found out she was pg by denying the pg and keeping it to herself. She figured if she ignored it she could pretend it's not happening but she didn't think about the fact that as some point she'd have to own up to it and explain. I don't think it mattered to her who the father was because she wasn't thinking about Caylee or her future or money or anything really. Besides, Lee was the "good" child and Casey was the screwed up one, she was probably thinking that they'll probably think she just slept around anyways so why try to explain herself, it would be a huge waste. :P But seriously, everyone probably assumed when she got pg she was sleeping around and if she felt rejected in her family dynamics anyways why would she argue with CA? I mean it's obvious that you can't really change CA's mind when she has something made up in it. Again of course that's my thoughts and speculation only.

    On that note I do think the family of the father deserves to know that Caylee was born and have right to properly grieve her passing. But I don't believe it has a bearing on the case persay.

  25. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ORACLE,AZ
    Posts
    348
    There are MANY MANY children in this world that do not know,who their father is,and even more that the assumed father is truly not the father at all. I know who I think the father may be,and he is on the witness list.Perhaps I am wrong,and it may be important to this case,as far as attachment issues,etc,But for now I will have to wait and see. I guess in the past that I hoped more than I knew that LA was not the father of Caylee.I just at this time do not have the issues with LA that many do. By the way where is his attorney these days?

  26. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In left field (where the birds are)
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by FORDANIEL View Post
    There are MANY MANY children in this world that do not know,who their father is,and even more that the assumed father is truly not the father at all. I know who I think the father may be,and he is on the witness list.Perhaps I am wrong,and it may be important to this case,as far as attachment issues,etc,But for now I will have to wait and see. I guess in the past that I hoped more than I knew that LA was not the father of Caylee.I just at this time do not have the issues with LA that many do. By the way where is his attorney these days?
    It's a long list. Can you be more specific ? Please ?

  27. #24
    sharpar's Avatar
    sharpar is offline If dogs dont go to heaven I want to go where they are
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Home of the Alamo
    Posts
    1,249
    IF there was money to be had for Caylee - neither KC or her mom would hesitate
    staking a claim . JMO They arent protecting the father - I believe neither has the foggiest idea of who he is .
    I seriously doubt KC was ever molested or raped.

  28. #25
    diz39's Avatar
    diz39 is offline This piggy went "Weeeee!" all the way home!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Happyland
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by affinity View Post
    I read through the original 34 page thread and the last post by JBean indicated that as long as the parentage was discussed a new thread could begin. (The last thread got derailed with discussions about KC's mental state).

    I think it is interesting that I was very certain that Caylee's father was an immediate family member. I was surprised to learn I was wrong (but relieved too!). It is a very good lesson for me because of what is called "confirmation bias". I was not very willing to look at the alternatives because I was always looking only to answers that shored up *my* theory. In my defense, there were many people who shared my view..but I was wrong to go off half-cocked about something so sensitive. (I do apologize to LA!)

    Meanwhile, the question remains....just who is Caylee's Dad?
    It seems reasonable that KC might have been getting regularly wasted with drugs and partaking in scads of sexual partners...but if that were so (and it was you in KC's position) wouldn't you have tried to find out in the worst way so that you could have gotten monthly support? I am trying to understand why KC would have let the father "go" and made up stories about the parentage.

    It does seem very relevant even though it has been hashed over before....to me it still seems a very important issue.

    Does it seem important to you? Who do you think Caylee's Dad is?

    Thank you for posting this, and I, too, made an assumption that made me look like the ass in assumption when the info re dna came out in the last doc dump.
    I have thought about this, and why, especially when the family was in dire financial straits and with KC was stealing from friends and family, why the issue of child support never came up. Someone had to have thought about revisiting the issue when money got so tight.
    Reason I think this is an example from my own family. I have a sister very much like KC, who supposedly got pregnant from a fling with a married man. He supposedly did not want to inform his wife and family of the child, and my sister went ahead and had the child, named no father on the birth certificate and told our family she planned to raise the child on her own with no support from the bio dad.
    Fast forward ten years and my dear sister found herself in dire straits: she had embezzled money from her employer, conned friends into lending her money, borrowed extensively from myself and my parents, but the house of cards was going to fall and she was facing some major jail time. So, what did she do? Rang up old bio dad and told him he better come through with some back child support. It didn't work, and sis went to jail for 8 years, a whole nother story in itself.
    So, now that I have aired my familial dirty laundry, what is the point? I can't see that the Anthony's would not have thought of this, even though they would not want to share Caylee with another family. If the choice was losing the house where she lived to foreclosure, or obtaining money to continue to be able to support her, to me, there would be no choice. You go for the money, right?
    UNLESS it is for sure that: 1) there is no money, because bio dad is dead or 2) you have no idea and no way, short of a visit to Maurey, of finding the true dad.
    I am sure that if the father was alive or known, there are very confidential ways to funnel money for child support without admitting paternity publicly, as well as continuing to have no relationship with the child, if one was not wanted. Cindy would not have to worry about another grandma intruding on her turf. Just because someone pays child support, it does not necessarily mean that they wish to have a relationship with the child.
    My vote is that they had no idea who the dad was, and did not want to go thought lots of dna tests to ID the father. Too embarassing.
    Sorry for the long post and the rambling. Just some things floating around in my head.
    Diz
    Why is it that I feel the need to keep my tin foil beanie on at all times these days? Am I the crazy one? Or the normal one?

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does Casey Know Who Caylee's Father Is?
    By absolut_alexis in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 02:54 PM
  2. Who Is Caylee's Biological Father?
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 843
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 10:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •