MS - Jail Break in MS, 8 on the run

MissieMt

Reaction score
That's a pretty big crew of free prisoners. Locals better leave their car keys in the ignition. Kinda deters the escapees from entering your homes

That's a pretty big crew of free prisoners. Locals better leave their car keys in the ignition. Kinda deters the escapees from entering your homes

LOL, i really shouldn't be making light of this, but that is a REALLY good idea. I'd rather have my car stolen than my life.

This is really scary; one of them is a murderer!!! :eek: I'm confused as to why he was in jail in Marion County and not in prison! :confused:

The other escaped convicts were identified as:
-- John David Smith Jr., 18, sentence not available.
-- Mickah Lott, 28, serving a life sentence for murder. :behindbar
-- Derrick Rainey, 21, sentence not available.
-- David L. Johnson Jr., 23, serving a sentence for grand larceny.
-- Brandon Silas, 28, sentence not available.
-- Ricky Chadwick Roberts, 18, sentence not available.

ETA: Are they local guys? Just wondering if they will try to flee the area. An inmate, generally speaking, goes home.

I don't have any info on them Bree, but they have pics up now-which they didn't last I checked. As far as the convicted murderer being in a jail....who knows. I can't even begin to theorize why, this state is sooo backwards on some things :(
http://happeningnow.blogs.foxnews.com/

this one scares me most...because you know where he's heading first...
Rainey was arrested June 14 and charged with two counts of felony domestic assault in Marion County.

But... Mississippi has the Castle doctrine, where they can easily shoot them when they show up at a residence. I just saw a documentary about this on Dan Rather Reports this morning and according to some LE the doctrine is very confusing, legally. Store clerks shooting would be robbers, etc. Too bad child molesters weren't included, imo.

I don't have any info on them Bree, but they have pics up now-which they didn't last I checked. As far as the convicted murderer being in a jail....who knows. I can't even begin to theorize why, this state is sooo backwards on some things :(
http://happeningnow.blogs.foxnews.com/

The only thing I can think of for why the one is in the county jail is if he was brought back for court on other charges. BUT, if he is already serving life, then why not just charge him?

Shepard Smith of Foxnews just reported he will be speaking with the sheriff this hour.

the article at wlox says that 3 of them were state inmates being held at the Marion/Wathall Correction Facility which i guess is considered a "prison" but maybe is basically the same place :waitasec:. I'm so confused.
http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=9889268

Sheriff just said on Shep Smith that 2 more have been captured. I will link to an update a.s.a.p.

http://www.columbianprogress.com/pa...y-jail =&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

John David Smith Jr., 18, white male, about 6-feet, 1-inch tall and weighs about 220 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes. Smith, from Columbia, has been in jail on a capitol murder charge since Nov. 12, 2008. Smith was originally arrested for the shooting death of Joe Von Stringer. Smith fled to Georgia where he was arrested in Gainesville.

Mickah Lott, 28, white male, about 5-feet, 9-inches tall and weighs about 175 pounds. Lott, of the Goss Community, has brown hair and brown eyes. He just returned to jail on a court order on Feb. 17.

Derrick Rainey, 22, black male, about 5 feet, 11-inches tall and weighs about 140 pounds. He has black hair and black eyes. Rainey, of Columbia, has been in jail since Aug. 28, 2008, for conspiracy to commit armed robbery.

David L. Johnson Jr., 23, white male, about 5 feet, 10-inches tall and weighs about 159 pounds. Johnson, of Foxworth, has blond hair and blue eyes.

Eric Ball, 19, black male, about 6 feet tall and weighs about 160 pounds. Ball, of Columbia, has black hair and brown eyes. He has been in jail since June 12, 2008 for breaking and entering of a dwelling, simple assault and felony fleeing.

Brandon Silas, 18, black male, about 5-feet, 9-inches tall and weighs about 175 pounds. Silas, of Columbia, has black hair and brown eyes. He has been in jail since June 12, 2008, for aggravated assault and aggravated domestic violence

Ricky Chadwick Roberts, 18, white male, about 5 feet, 10-inches tall and weighs about 160 pounds. Roberts, of McComb has blonde hair and brown eyes. He has been in jail sin Dec. 22, 2007 for burglary of a dwelling and possession of stolen property.

Still looking for Eric Ball and Derrick Rainey.

Little Rock Arkansas police just apprehended 3 (David Johnson, Mickah Lott and John David Smith Jr.)

Little Rock Arkansas police just apprehended 3 (David Johnson, Mickah Lott and John David Smith Jr.)

Ugh, I can't find any links-do you have any. The news is so slow around here:mad:

I'm freaking out-haven't been able to get anything done. We live out in the boonies, and what few neighbors we do have could be relatives or buddies with these guys,lol.

So, these are the ones that are still out:

Derrick Rainey, 22, black male, about 5 feet, 11-inches tall and weighs about 140 pounds. He has black hair and black eyes. Rainey, of Columbia, has been in jail since Aug. 28, 2008, for conspiracy to commit armed robbery.

Eric Ball, 19, black male, about 6 feet tall and weighs about 160 pounds. Ball, of Columbia, has black hair and brown eyes. He has been in jail since June 12, 2008 for breaking and entering of a dwelling, simple assault and felony fleeing.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,498644,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back