OR OR - Bradley Wakefield, 36, Roseburg, 30 July 1991

Status
Not open for further replies.
The listing states brown, but the photo appears that he has blue eyes, which is curious. If he had been missing awhile, weight might change. So, do you guys think a final no, or should I try to find out if it is a booking photo? EDIT: Nevermind, it is obviously a booking photo now that I looked at it again. So if it is a booking photo, he absolutely would have had prints done, right, and they would definitely be in the system?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO: Not a match.
Con: brown eyes, height, weight,
Pro: possible right age,
side note: Con: Picture looks like it could be a booking photo.

The listing states brown, but the photo appears that he has blue eyes, which is curious. If he had been missing awhile, weight might change. So, do you guys think a final no, or should I try to find out if it is a booking photo? EDIT: Nevermind, it is obviously a booking photo now that I looked at it again. So if it is a booking photo, he absolutely would have had prints done, right, and they would definitely be in the system?

FWIW, I think the differences in appearance are enough to set it aside.

In terms of fingerprints; it is not an easy answer of course....depending on the year and the number of offenses, his prints should be in AFIS. If he was in prison, his prints should be in AFIS. However, yes there are cases when there are fingerprint cards in the files and they have not been scanned and entered. Is this guy worth pursuing to see? JMO, but no-you might want to do a side by side to determine if he seems like a good fit.

If the offenses were juvenile, there are only fingerprint cards unless the charge warranted actual prison time....clear as mud??

Yes, clear as mud Believe! I learn something new everyday here, and people like you who take the time to help and advise us, make us better investigators. Thank you!!!

Yes, clear as mud Believe! I learn something new everyday here, and people like you who take the time to help and advise us, make us better investigators. Thank you!!!

Thank you for your kindness...:blushing:

wakefield_bradley_james_side_by_sid.jpg

I agree nose different and much high cheek bone structure than BK, imo not.

You're welcome :) I don't think that eating that crow is necessary, lol! I think Ben's nose is not only longer, but, I think it has a more downward turn to it and also Ben's nose is thinner IMO.

:blowkiss: Thanks RK.

For a second I was going to eat a whole plate of crow, then I realized the nose was too short I think....

Boy their eyes are so similar, as is the cheekbone structure. But unless BK's nose was completely reconstructed, I agree, they are not the same noses/people.
You're welcome :) I don't think that eating that crow is necessary, lol! I think Ben's nose is not only longer, but, I think it has a more downward turn to it and also Ben's nose is thinner IMO.

Wow - I see the nose completely differently. If BJW had his head tipped with his chin tucked in just a little, I think the angle of the nose would be the same as BK's and I think they would probably be dead on.

Hmmmmmm...... I'll go look some more, but it might be worth a phone call to see if this guy's prints are on file and when they were entered in the system.

Salem

FWIW, I really think Bradleys eye color is incorrect in his posting---they really look blue!

Mr. Wakefield made it onto the board some time ago when he was compared to a Living Unidentified Man.

In light of the homeless man murders, his family reached out with the possibility of Mr. Wakefield having been lured and killed at some point by similar or the same offenders.

A200705123S_5409.jpg

Mr Wakefield was last sited at a store
in Oakland Oregon a few days after his
missing date. It is believed he was en route to Southern CA at that time.

It has to be worth looking at UID's in the area, especially those with gunshot wounds, and see if we can bring closure to this family.

Link Here

Some additional information from the family:

"His eyes were green, with brown specks. At the time he disappeared,
there were vigilantes in the last area where he was seen (living in
his truck, no doubt), and they were luring homeless men to work in the
forests, planting trees. He would have gone for that. That was his
first job when he moved to Chapel Hill NC in about 1982-83 or so.
Originally from Michigan. He had a bad alcohol addiction, and was
often "out of it."

(When we) first heard this story (of the homeless
disappearing from the streets) on NPR.... It just
fit. We both believe that's what happened to him. Taken to the woods
and shot."

wakefield_bradley.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/images/w/wakefield_bradley.jpg

I wonder what he would look like today? The reason I ask is that there is a homeless man living around the Willamette River north of Eugene. I never thought of it before, but his family could be looking for him for all I know. Sometimes he comes to town and he does appear to have an issue with alcohol. I'll see if I can get his name.

If any of you who reads this are in any kind of contact with the homeless, you might want to find out their names and do a search to see if someone is looking for them. What a blessing to be able to let a loved one know there family member is alive. :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth