GUILTY MI - Grand Haven, Male, 'Jack in the Box' 1288UMMI, burned in trunk, May'02 - Roberto Caraballo

jcv2

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, film maker David Schock is breaking up his video "Jack In The Box" into segments and showing them online. It's really interesting, but he needs input (comments) to know if he's on the right track. If you have the time, it would be most appreciated if you would let him know what you think:

http://www.delayedjustice.com/?page_id=10

The link is about a quarter of the way down the page; there is no cost involved.

Thanks!

jack_in_the_box-150x150.jpg

Information at:

http://www.delayedjustice.com/?page_id=10

Police are looking for new leads.

Holy crap, that looks like a horror movie, the crime scene. The victim's mouth is open like he's screaming, so creepy. Organized crime, maybe.

I'm too chicken to look at the web movie, but is there a doenetwork page for him or any other info. Sorry I can look at some morgue photos but from what it seems I won't be able to sleep at night if i watched the film.

my boyfriend is from the area and told me that there is a lot of undocumented workers around holland, which is not too far from where this body was found. i wonder if this possibility has been considered. how horrific.

Horrific indeed!
Does anyone have any other links for this case? My googling didn't turn up much, looks like he's not even on the Ottawa/ MI police unidentified/ cold case-pages?

How bad is this video? I am kinda too chicken to watch it?
BTW, didn't know if I should introduce myself. Is there a place where we stop in and say hi, please be nice to me I am new here?

well they do show up close pictures of the burned body.

wow that was fasinating and really gruesome.

Look at this fella! The way he holds his mouth, well actually everything except for the nose looks like Tew... Not sure, how he would have gotten that far, but stranger things have happened. Could've been picked up by a trucker and given a lift to Michigan, IDK. Plus, I'm not sure about the last seen date, either, doesn't say who reported him missing.
http://www.nampn.org/cases/tew_dixon.html
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: April 8, 2002 from Seattle, Washington
Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Date Of Birth: December 24, 1965
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Pierced ears (1" diameter)
Readng glasses.
Case Number: 02-185051
NCIC Number: M-202429910

Details of Disappearance
Unknown. Dixon was last seen in the vicinity of N 44th St. in Seattle, WA. His white 1975 Ford van was located abandoned on April 15, 2002 in West Salem, OR.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Seattle Police Department
(206) 684-5455

I realize the ME estimated the JD at 5'6" to 5'8", but he also stated that it was hard to get that right, because burned bodies muscles and ligaments shrink because of dehydration. So look at the side by side and give me ya'lls
opinions.

Attachments

• tew_dixon2.jpg
    tew_dixon2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Copy of jack_in_the_box.jpg
    Copy of jack_in_the_box.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 8
  • tew_dixon.jpg
    tew_dixon.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 7
bump. I don't have working speakers so I am unable to listen to the video to add any additional info regarding this UID. Perhaps a member can, and could pm me to update the title.

I don't think there is another thread for this UID, but I'm unsure having so few details in the above posts.

tia

Cubby

Thank you Snufamonbobball!

No NamUs listing for this UID.

Expensive dental work.... someone should know who he is.

Jack-in-the-Box' NamUs
Unidentified Person Case

White / Caucasian
Date Found: May 8, 2002
Location Found: Grand Haven Township, Michigan
Estimated Age Range: 35-55 Years

Street Address: 2-track near Winans St. and 152nd Ave.Grand Haven Township, Michigan
County: Ottawa County

Circumstances of Recovery:
A badly burned body was found in a trunk off a 2-track near a blueberry plantation by the property owner. The body had been dumped sometime after 10 am the previous day and 2 pm on May 8, 2002. The case is known as the "Jack-in-the-Box" case.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Charred/burned

Physical Description
Hair Color: Unknown or Completely Bald
Head Hair Description: Burned off
Body Hair Description --
Facial Hair Description --
Left Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Right Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Eye Description: Burning precluded eye color assessment

Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing
Spaulding brand underwear size 28-30. Fragments of a black t-shirt and a black/tan checked pull overs style shirt.
On the Body

Jewelry
Timex Expedition watch
On the Body

IDENTIFIED AS 37-year-old Roberto Caraballo!

rbbm.
Hope College film cracks 2002 cold case murder
: Apr 04, 2019
"Detectives say they exhausted all their investigative leads and the case went cold. Then in April 2015, they got a break in the case: Someone came across a Hope College documentary about the murder and contacted Detective Bob Donker with the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office.

“They found the information on the internet, reached out to our detectives and the case took off from there,” Ottawa County Sheriff Steve Kempker said during a Thursday news conference.

The sheriff says those emails and phone calls eventually led detectives to the identity of the victim: 37-year-old Roberto Caraballo of Charlotte.

From there the mystery unraveled, leading to three arrests: Caraballo’s wife, 58-year-old Beverly McCallum; her daughter, 38-year-old Dineane DuCharme; and DuCharme's friend, 40-year-old Christopher McMillan of Grand Rapids. All three face charges of homicide, conspiracy to commit homicide and disinterment and mutilation of a dead body.

Investigators Thursday wouldn’t elaborate on a motive for the murder, but said they determined Caraballo was killed in the basement of a home on Horacio Street in Charlotte before his body was dumped in rural Ottawa County."

"DuCharme was taken into custody in Texas. Investigators are still trying to track down McCallum. They believe she is living outside the U.S., possibly in Pakistan. They’re working with authorities there to try to find her and extradite her to the U.S. to face charges.

McMillan remains in the Eaton County Jail awaiting trial."

Tysm @jcv2 fascinating, especially for us familiar with the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back