GUILTY TX - Sabrina Tolentino Pina, 27, Houston, 21 Feb 2009

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6672388

Two women have gone missing in the Houston area in the last few weeks. One of them disappeared yesterday near Tomball.

Family and friends are passing out flyers Sunday looking for Sabrina Tolentino Pina. Investigators say she disappeared while running errands in northwest Harris County. Her husband last spoke with her just before noon Saturday. Her truck was found in a Kohl's parking lot off 249 and Spring Cypress with her bags still inside.

Pina's family is desperate to find her and her husband says it's not like her to be out of touch.

"I hope she's safe," said her husband Edward Pina. "We're working hard to get her back. All I care about is her safety."

"I didn't get any sleep last night, but you have to do what you have to do, when you love your kids," said Mary Helen Tolentino who is Sabrina Pina's mother.

Her family doesn't believe Sabrina actually went into the Kohl's store. They say there's some surveillance video from a nearby sonic restaurant, showing her pulling in for lunch. But, after that, there's been no contact with her.

and

A woman's body was found dumped in a ditch in far northwest Harris County.

Investigators are trying to identify the body and figure out how it got there. The victim was found off Warren Ranch and Jack Road near the Waller County line.

Deputies say a passerby spotted the body around 7am Sunday. They tell us the woman was either a white or Hispanic woman in her 20s or 30s. They do not believe the body had been there very long.

more at link

pic
M_IMAGE.11f5fb26346.93.88.fa.d0.3f7831af.jpg

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6277903.html

24 Feb 09

When Sabrina Pina’s family learned Monday that a body found in a northwest Harris County ditch had been identified as hers, the woman’s father sent out a heartbreaking text message to close friends.

“It’s my baby girl,” Rolando Tolentino of Spring wrote in the message, which was sent to friends’ cell phones at 2:23 p.m.

Sheriff’s homicide investigators and Harris County medical examiner’s officials have not yet released how Pina, 27, was killed, but her death has been ruled a homicide.

more at link

I read that LE is investigating to see if there is a connection between this case and that of Susana DeJesus, who was abducted from a shopping mall in the same area and is still missing.

Does anyone know if LE is investigating a link between these cases and those of the Boca Raton mall killings? There were three cases of women being abducted at malls there. All of the victims drove dark SUVs. The first victim was found shot to death, the second victim and her son where driven around town blindfolded with painted goggles before being taken to an ATM and then back to the mall, and the victims from the third incident were a mother and young girl who were abducted in a similar manner and killed just before Christmas of 2007. I do not believe that anyone has ever been charged with any of these horrible crimes. Ugh... Just having typed about these murders makes me feel sick.

Here is a link for more information on Nancy and Joey Bochicchio, the victims of the third case. I really hope that there is a break in all of these cases soon. It is horrible that such things can happen as women are just going about their lives doing their daily errands. It is both scary and heartbreaking.

Prayers for Sabrina's family. I hope that justice comes quickly.

MyfoxHouston

Suspect Arrested in Murder of Texas Woman Who Vanished Running Errands.

Deputies say an arrest has been made in the murder case of a 27-year-old-woman from Spring.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office says the arrest came late Tuesday night at an apartment complex on North Eldridge Parkway.

The suspect, 27-year-old Theodore Schmidt, is being questioned by officials in the death of Sabrina Pina, who disappeared on Saturday while running errands near her home.

Pina was last seen on surveillance video at a Sonic around 2 p.m. in the Willowbrook area. Her body was found in Harris County the next day

Apparently she may have known her murderer??

Detectives said the pair knew each other, but declined to elaborate on the nature of their relationship.

"This is not a stranger case — they’d known each other for years," Lt. Rolf Nelson of the sheriff’s Homicide Division told the Houston Chronicle.
FoxNews

A comment at the end of this article , http://www.khou.com/news/local/brazoria/stories/khou090224_mh_pina_dejesus.4bbe2a45.html, states that Sabrina used to eat lunch with her friends and the perpetrator for a number of years in high school. By the sound of it, the girls thought that he was a little weird back then.

The fact that Schmidt knew Sabrina and blindfolded her with duct tape makes me think that he did not want to be recognized by her. The motive does appear to be unrequited love.

She was a beautiful girl. Prayers for strength for her family and justice for Sabrina.

I grew up in the neighbor hood not to far from where she was found. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family in this extremely difficult time.

From July 2010:

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/11/11341146/

A Houston man was convicted Wednesday of capital murder in the kidnapping and shooting death of a former high school classmate.

Theodore Schmidt, 28, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for the February 2009 murder of Sabrina Pina... Investigators were led to Schmidt after finding a single fingerprint on duct tape that was wrapped around Pina's head...

Police said Schmidt abducted Pina with the intention of robbing her, then shot her in the back of the head and dumped her body in a ditch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back