739 users online (106 members and 633 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Monica Morales, 4, Thousand Palms, 23 Feb 2009

AMBER ALERT: Girl taken by women posing as social workers

Southern California authorities have issued an Amber Alert for a girl who was taken from her home in Thousand Palms by two women posing as social workers

Riverside County sheriff's Deputy Herlinda Valenzuela says deputies responded to a child abduction call around 9:45 am Monday

Valenzuela says two women knocked on the door of the home where 4-year-old Monica Ruby Morales was staying and identified themselves as social workers, They then drove her away in a green minivan

Valenzuela says it is believed the women are headed to Mexico, where Monica's mother is believed to have been deported about three weeks ago

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29355715/

Was Monica only separated from her mother because mom was deported and we don't deport kids born here? Or was Monica taken from her mother because mom was neglectful and/or convicted of some type of crime?

How will we know if Monica makes it to her mom in Mexico? And whether or not that would be good for Monica. I'm thinking if the separation is because of the deportation, than mom should be allowed to have her child with her. BUT - I would hate to ignore this and then find out that mom is nuts or worse and that Monica is not safe with her

Salem

I had the same concerns Salem. And even if the abductors were actually going to take her to her mother. But apparently she has been located in Mexico with her mother. I haven't been able to find anything about who has custody or not. I guess the father must, because this article says she was taken from her father's home.

Looks like this has only been verified by phone so far?

Missing California child located in Mexico

A 4-year-old girl who was abducted from her home in Thousand Palms has reportedly been located in Mexico with her deported mother.

Riverside County sheriff's officials say investigators spoke on the phone with Monica Ruby Morales' mother on Monday evening. She told them the girl is with her.

Authorities issued an Amber Alert earlier after the girl was taken from her father's home by two women posing as social workers.

Sheriff's Deputy Herlinda Valenzuela says Monica's mother was deported about three weeks ago but would not say if the mother had any role in the child's abduction.

She says investigators will confirm that the child is with her mother, but she did not know if any arrests have been made.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&type=business

As of right now, the AMBER Alert is still active thru NCMEC and Code Amber, so I'm guessing nothing has been confirmed yet.

The AMBER Alert was temporarily cancelled, but may be re-activated...Bolding below is my own. The alert isn't showing on NCMEC right now. But maybe it will go back up? At this point, as long as she is safe, I'm happy.

The mother of a 4-year-old girl who was abducted from her Thousand Palms home this morning says the child is with her in Mexico, officials said.

Investigators are now trying to determine if these claims are true and that Monica Morales is with her mother, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.

Earlier conflicting reports indicated the child had been located in Mexico, and an Amber Alert had been deactivated.

Investigators, however, reported only the suspect vehicle may have been located, and the Amber Alert was later re-activated, Riverside County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Herlinda Valenzuela said.

More: http://www.mydesert.com/article/2009...27/1026/news12

Interesting. So the baby lived with her daddy. I just assumed she was taken from a foster home. That's what happens when you assume things.

I also am glad she has been somewhat located and will feel better when we hear that LE has actually seen the child. Very sneaky of mom to pull off such a taking of the child. Makes me wonder about mom's reasoning.

I hope LE can verify today that the child is safe.

Salem

I guess it's been verified? This is from Code Amber.

Amber Alert Canceled for 4 Year Old California Girl
    Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 3:22 PM CT
    Updated: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 8:13 AM CT

The Sate of California canceled the Amber Alert on Tuesday morning (2-24) after the girl was located with her mother in Mexico. The mother had been deported to Mexico a few weeks ago and apparently arranged for the suspects to take the girl from her fathers home.

http://codeamber.org/moralesca/

I question, like others, if this is a good thing or not, if this is actually a kidnapping or not. Granted the Amber Alert is cancelled, but I have questions. Is the dad ok with her being in Mexico? Is he a citizen?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

I would think dad is not okay with the little girl being in Mexico because the mom used a trick to get her there. So, I'm thinking, if mom would have just asked dad, dad would have said no (and maybe even He!! NO). Now dad will have to do the "international" battle to get the girl back. Its all time and MONEY.

I do hope the girl is safe with her mother and if she is not that authorities will remove her right away.

Salem

CHP: Alleged Abductors Found; Girl Still Missing

An Amber Alert for a 4-year-old girl who was abducted from a Thousand Palms home was canceled Monday night after the girl's mother told investigators the child was with her in Mexico, a sheriff's deputy said.

"Investigators from the Palm Desert Sheriff's Station have been able to speak with the mother in this investigation," Riverside County sheriff's Deputy Herlinda Valenzuela said. "The mother has indicated the juvenile is with her at this time in Mexico. Investigators are in the process of confirming this at this time."

Monica Ruby Morales was taken from the home at 30701 Desert Moon Drive around 9:30 a.m. A babysitter told investigators she heard a knock on the door and was met by two women who identified themselves as social workers, Valenzuela said.

The babysitter asked the suspects for identification, but the women grabbed the child, drove away in a green minivan and were believed to be heading to Mexico, she said.

Valenzuela said the child's mother was deported to Mexico about 20 days ago and may have hired the women to take her daughter. Riverside County sheriff's Sgt. Dennis Gutierrez told ABC7 the girl's father has legal custody of the child.

A relative told KYAV-TV Channel 12 that the mother, who was deported from Washington state, called the home shortly before the women arrived and asked if the child's father was at home.

The alert was temporarily canceled late this afternoon because of conflicting reports that the suspect's green minivan and the suspects had been found. However, a short time later, Gutierrez said the girl was still missing and the suspects are still at large, adding that authorities were stillsearching for the green minivan.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29357676/