1515 users online (383 members and 1132 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Anthony Attorney Fights Sworn Depositions
    POSTED: 10:55 am EST February 23, 2009
    UPDATED: 3:05 pm EST February 23, 2009

The lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony, grandparents of slain toddler Caylee Anthony, is promising a court fight to keep them from having to give sworn depositions Thursday.

Lee Anthony is scheduled to testify Friday. His lawyer said he does not plan to block the deposition because Lee knows nothing about Fernandez-Gonzalez and will say so.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18775504/detail.html
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Neither do Cindy and George...so what are THEY fighting about? Hmmm...maybe they don't want to say the truth as it will harm Casey's case...but the fact that Lee is NOT fighting it adds some weight to his honor...

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

I really don't get what BC is so up in arms about. Unless he fears that his clients might tell "mistruths".

Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    Neither do Cindy and George...so what are THEY fighting about? Hmmm...maybe they don't want to say the truth as it will harm Casey's case...but the fact that Lee is NOT fighting it adds some weight to his honor...
    Transcript from one of the jailhouse video visits:
    CINDY ANTHONY: OK. We never really got a full description of Zanny. I know she`s got brown curly hair.

CASEY ANTHONY: About shoulder length. She wears it straight.

CINDY ANTHONY: But it`s curly.

CASEY ANTHONY: It`s curly, but she also wears it straight. That`s what I`m telling you. It`s called a straightener, remember? She`s the one that gave me my straightener.

CINDY ANTHONY: That`s true. OK. How tall is she?
    Cindy saying "That's true" indicates that Casey had spoken to her mother about Zanny the nanny (or Somebody the nanny) giving her a hair product at some point in the past.

I'm sure Mr Morgan will have a question or two about exactly what it was Casey had told her that Cindy believed to be true.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../31/ng.01.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    Anthony Attorney Fights Sworn Depositions
    POSTED: 10:55 am EST February 23, 2009
    UPDATED: 3:05 pm EST February 23, 2009

The lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony, grandparents of slain toddler Caylee Anthony, is promising a court fight to keep them from having to give sworn depositions Thursday.

Lee Anthony is scheduled to testify Friday. His lawyer said he does not plan to block the deposition because Lee knows nothing about Fernandez-Gonzalez and will say so.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18775504/detail.html
    How can the Anthonys fight it?

Quote Originally Posted by LeLe1953 View Post
    I'd like to know that, too! Unless the judge decides that the testimony would hamper the criminal trial in some way, I do not see how they can refuse this! But, I don't have a law degree so can't say.

It Was Ancient Aliens!

I think Conway might try to claim bereavement, but so could Luka, I mean, Lee loved Caylee too.

Wonder if cindy is okay with Lee not fighting it?
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

I wonder what can happen to the A's if a judge orders them to be deposed & they don't comply... contempt of court with a fine or something like that? OJ had to testify in the civil case against him so there must be something that a judge uses to "encourage" one's participation, lol. I would be afraid to say no to a judge, I'm curious to see how this is resolved. I don't think it's fair to ZG to have to wait so I hope the G & C depos go forward soon.

Talking

they cant, unless the judge thinks it will interfere with the murder case

but i think they are barking up the wrong tree

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    I think Conway might try to claim bereavement, but so could Luka, I mean, Lee loved Caylee too.

Wonder if cindy is okay with Lee not fighting it?
    I don't buy the 'too grief stricken' to answer to deposition. Cindy is one tough, strong woman. One of the toughest, strongest I have ever seen. And George, well, I am just not convinced the 'suicide attempt' wasn't designed to avoid answering any more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by lacey clementine View Post
    I don't buy the 'too grief stricken' to answer to deposition. Cindy is one tough, strong woman. One of the toughest, strongest I have ever seen. And George, well, I am just not convinced the 'suicide attempt' wasn't designed to avoid answering any more questions.
    I agree. Just a quick question. If any of the A's had taken a lie-detector test with LE in the beginning of the investigation and had been asked about ZG, what they knew, etc. and had passed the test, would they have still been subject to give depositions?

They have a right to file a motion with the court asking that the subpoena be quashed or modified. It will then be up to the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by bailee View Post
    I really don't get what BC is so up in arms about. Unless he fears that his clients might tell "mistruths".
    oh those naughty mistruths.

o/t bailee, i just love that little dog!

Quote Originally Posted by lacey clementine View Post
    Or to manipulate Casey into giving CA and GA permission to handle Caylee's remains, because what was stated to media was he needed a funeral, for closure, and CA had her cremated so she could wear the necklace with the ashes inside. Casey gave her only public statement ever. She didn't want a cremation.
    So I thought it was a manipulative move, then and now.
    Casey got duped, and CA got Caylee back, albeit in ashes.
    My Opinion Only..MOO

I don't see the judge being swayed by the "grief" card. BC better have case law other than that feeble excuse.

O/T thanks law girl, she is a schnoodle, schnauzer poodle cross (coming in for a kiss)

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast