Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvictoria View Post
    Basically states it was harassment...link to details here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...es#post2954526

they are also after reimbursement for atty fees and such.....poor poor kc...
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Formynextnovel View Post
    I would think it would be pretty embarassing to have to admit that you pretended to to the whole nation that you believed lies told to you by your daughter who you know to be a pathological lier.
    It could be pretty nervewracking or embarrassing for any of us to have to answers questions truthfully, answers which might have remained private if not for answering deposition questions, but imo "embarrassing" nor nervewracking emotions exempt any of us from complying with a subpoena to be deposed in a legal case unless a judge legally intervenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymus at The Rock View Post
    Why did JB file the countersuit ?
    I think he thought it would be a good idea at the time.......

Who knows what he thinks and why!!!
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

Why did JB file the countersuit ?
    Basically states it was harassment...link to details here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...es#post2954526
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    URRR I wish I knew a lot more about legal maneuvering. At one point, didn't Morgan say ZFG would drop her suit if Baez dropped the countersuit ?

No more embarrassing than all their other displays on national TV! IMHO they've become nothing more but publicity hounds. All at the expense of the memory of poor little Caylee! Shame on them!

and, welcome from one newbie to another
    IMO the deposition is WAY less embarassing then standing on your front lawn squirting protestors with hoses. I think they will be just fine.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Quote Originally Posted by MarleneM View Post
    It could be pretty nervewracking or embarrassing for any of us to have to answers questions truthfully, answers which might have remained private if not for answering deposition questions, but imo "embarrassing" nor nervewracking emotions exempt any of us from complying with a subpoena to be deposed in a legal case unless a judge legally intervenes.

'I don't wanna! Whaaaa!' generally does not exempt you from complying with the court. However, noting the considerations the A's have received in the past, the judge may indeed pospone these depositions. I await his decison.
    JMO

URRR I wish I knew a lot more about legal maneuvering. At one point, didn't Morgan say ZFG would drop her suit if Baez dropped the countersuit ?
    I think (key work THINK) Morgan said he would drop the suit if KC admitted publicly this was not his ZFG. Obviously, she can't do that so I might be wrong.

Does anyone know if this will be an open hearing today and if the Anthony's will be present?
    Justice For Caylee Marie

The only thing I've heard Morgan say is IF KC stated on record/TV etc. that this IS NOT the ZFG then it would all go away. I didn't hear anything in regards to if she dropped the countersuit but I could be wrong. JMO!
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    We could really use a smiley with it's "pants on fire"

No more embarrassing than all their other displays on national TV! IMHO they've become nothing more but publicity hounds. All at the expense of the memory of poor little Caylee! Shame on them!

and, welcome from one newbie to another

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaF513 View Post
    Since KC has already said that this woman is not the ZFG she spoke of, why is this lawsuit being continued. Is this woman's name actually Zenaida FERNANDEZ-Gonzalez? I think I read it is not.

What possibly can be learned from the Anthonys to further her claims of damages, if she has already been cleared by the person who first uttered the similar name. And should similarities be fodder for capricious lawsuits? IMO, this is nothing less than harassment of a family who has suffere an unspeakable tragedy and more probably rises to extortion from their HO insurance company.

I am quite sure that, IF the court decides that this lawsuit 'rises to extortion from their HO insurance company', then ZFG will be facing charges in the courts. Neither judges nor insurance companies are very forgiving of extortion attempts. I do not look for this to occure.
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    Does anyone know if this will be an open hearing today and if the Anthony's will be present?
    I would be very surprised if the Ant's were in attendance. They're at home grieving, don't ya know

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    I guess I am missing something here. Why would answering questions in a deposition be embarassing? humiliating? oppressive? I could see it being inconvenient to dress, drive there, park, find the correct room, ect. But why those other things? Why would the A's be embarrassed or humiliated? They are doing what the law requires and are showing up to answer questions truthfully in a sworn deposition. And they may say whatever they chose to so how is that oppressive?
    Normally answering questions in a depo wouldn't be embarrassing, but when the plaintiffs attorney releases a statement weeks in advance to the press saying that he's planning to ask some surprise questions and invite the media to attend, how is a witness supposed to react? Why was it necessary for Morgan to turn this into a circus rather than just quietly going about his business as usual? What is his real agenda here?

Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post
    The only thing I've heard Morgan say is IF KC stated on record/TV etc. that this IS NOT the ZFG then it would all go away. I didn't hear anything in regards to if she dropped the countersuit but I could be wrong. JMO!
    This is what I don't understand. Why not just say LE has the wrong ZFG and drop the countersuit ? (The concept of ZFG ruining Casey's "good name" is too funny for words.) I guess Baez doesn't see any jeopardy for Casey in allowing the civil suit to crawl along. But, if understand correctly, financing the defense, all kinds of topics could come to light. Why does he want this Civil Court battle to go on ?

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast