FBI recovers 48 juveniles in prostitution raid

STEADFAST

Reaction score
(CNN) -- Law enforcement officials arrested more than 500 people, and took custody of 48 juveniles in a coordinated 29-city weekend sweep aimed at combating child prostitution, the FBI announced Monday.
Task forces made up largely of state and local police officers arrested and booked what authorities said were 464 adult prostitutes, 55 pimps and 55 customers on state charges. While most faced local charges, a senior FBI official said he expected there were would be some federal charges as well. . . .
In 2003 the FBI, Department of Justice prosecutors, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children launched what was called the Innocence Lost National Initiative to address what had become a growing problem of children forced into prostitution. Many were young runaways.
Officials say the 32 Innocence Lost task forces formed nationwide have now recovered about 670 children in the six years, and seized more than $3 million in cash.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/23/child.prostitutes/
I wonder if any of our missing teenagers will show up in this.

Wow. How sad. I do hope they find a way to return them to decent homes and keep up with how they are coping to prevent them from running again.

Thanks for the link Steadfast.

Incredible no other news agency has picked this up. Maybe it's because of trying to keep it kind of quiet for the 'children' that were involved.

I hope they throw the book at these people. Oh, and I do pray some of the missing children are among those recovered. At least then their families would have answers.

JMHO
fran

I hope every one of the "customers" has their name and photo plastered on the front page of every newspaper and news website!!

Without demand there would be no need for supply.

Whoever they are, I am glad they may find their way home. And Wiston - I totally agree, put the faces of the perps on every front page across the nation. Let the world know who these people are, that deal in young children!

Salem

WHAT A HEART ACHE
sometimes i wonder why these people even get a trial.
I think they should save the tax payers money and just throw away the key.
These people are not humane.
HOW DARE THEY?

Good job LE.
God Bless the saved souls.

They have been doing this periodically and give each initiative different code names. This one seems to be called "Operation Cross Country." And yes, I believe the last sweep picked up one or two kids who had been listed as missing.

Here is Chicago

The latest arrests were made in connection with "Operation Cross Country," a nationwide initiative led by the FBI which targets child prostitution.

No minors were identified or recovered in the Chicago portion of the operation. "Although I think it would be naive of us to think (child prostitution) isn't going on here," said Ross Rice, spokesman for the FBI's Chicago field office.

Of those arrested locally -- all arrested were adults -- five were charged with running prostitution rings, 34 were charged with prostitution and five were identified as customers.
http://www.pioneerlocal.com/evanston/news/1447134,pp-prostitution-022609-s1.article

This article was attached to the previous one. The story of two teens, stolen by a pimp at the ages of 15 and forced into prostitution. The story of their rescue is simply unbelievable.

Pimp Abducts Ohio Teens
Two Cousins Forced Into Having Sex for Money
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5382645&page=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member