Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metal Rod?

Hybrid View

Metal Rod?

Have we even discussed this yet? RK had a metal rod with him, collected by LE (page 18 of this document: http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...13redacted.pdf). Sounds just like the PI, who also used a metal rod, poking and probing the same area. I realize that it's a water meter reader rod, but I find it interesting. So that means that he was using the rod to locate Caylee, he wasn't out there to pee.

I thought RK was in the clear, but this kinda makes me rethink LP's daisy chain theory. If he used the tool for work, fine, but why would LE want it? Because he was digging around near the body.

DH thinks this is a long tool with a prong on the end. Using the prong, the reader is able to lift the cover off the water meter without having to get up and down. The readers are thus able to work more quickly.

Now why would he park his truck and carry that tool with him into the woods if he wasn't going to use it ? No water meters in the woods...........

Tried to think of alternatives:

Tool hanging on a tool belt - but wearing a tool belt with a long rod attached to it while driving - at the end of your shift ?

Folding rod carried in a pocket - guess it's possible.....

Having already seen a rattlesnake in that area, you can bet I'd be bringing something into the woods with me if I needed to relieve myself!

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    Having already seen a rattlesnake in that area, you can bet I'd be bringing something into the woods with me if I needed to relieve myself!
    Good point!

Hadn't thought about that. But, if I was worried about snakes, I'd relieve myself somewhere else. I don't think I'd rely upon my speed and dexterity in confronting a rattlesnake. Unless the rod was electrified in some way - like a cattle prod.

ecs5298 is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL & Hardwood Mulch King & Bacon Addict
    I'd take something with me! But remember he also said, in addition to relieving himself, he was curious to see if what he saw in August was still there. He might have taken it with to poke at the bag (which is exactly what he did with it)

LE took the metal rod based on his statement that he tapped the skull with the rod and it made a hollow sound. LE took it in case that when he did that, he caused some damage to the skull and they could compare that damage with the metal rod. *Note* I'm not saying that Kronk did do any damage but that LE is covering all the bases.
    "When it all goes down the crapper, don't come crying to me. You were warned" - ecs5298, November 6, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ecs5298 View Post
    I'd take something with me! But remember he also said, in addition to relieving himself, he was curious to see if what he saw in August was still there. He might have taken it with to poke at the bag (which is exactly what he did with it)

LE took the metal rod based on his statement that he tapped the skull with the rod and it made a hollow sound. LE took it in case that when he did that, he caused some damage to the skull and they could compare that damage with the metal rod. *Note* I'm not saying that Kronk did do any damage but that LE is covering all the bases.
    Yep, that sounds right, from everything i read.thanks ecs...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymus at The Rock View Post
    Hadn't thought about that. But, if I was worried about snakes, I'd relieve myself somewhere else. I don't think I'd rely upon my speed and dexterity in confronting a rattlesnake. Unless the rod was electrified in some way - like a cattle prod.
    Maybe your bladder is better than mine, but waiting probably wouldn't be an option for me.

Exactly!

So how could he have seen skull in Aug

RK did tell LE he poked the bag ( DEC ) and the skull fell out, skull sounded hollow. BUT he has also said that looking back he thinks he might have seen the skull in August. How could he have seen the skull in Aug if it fell out of the bag in Dec when he tapped it? If it had been at the top of the bag, the bag torn, allowing in Aug to see into the top of the bag, I would have thought it would the skull would have come out of the bag between Aug & Dec esp in light of all the rains. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Quote Originally Posted by LeLe1953 View Post
    RK did tell LE he poked the bag ( DEC ) and the skull fell out, skull sounded hollow. BUT he has also said that looking back he thinks he might have seen the skull in August. How could he have seen the skull in Aug if it fell out of the bag in Dec when he tapped it? If it had been at the top of the bag, the bag torn, allowing in Aug to see into the top of the bag, I would have thought it would the skull would have come out of the bag between Aug & Dec esp in light of all the rains. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Kronk was either mistaken or misspoke when he talked about the skull dropping out of the bag. CSI determined that the skull was already outside the bag when Kronk encountered it on Dec 11.

Kronk is pretty much convinced that he saw the skull itself on Aug 11. That was the "round white something" he reported on the phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by LeLe1953 View Post
    I'd have to go back and read again, but I believe LE came to the conclusion that it did not actually fall out of the bag after talking with him-- this is why I can't wait to read his total interview with LE.

Hadn't thought about that. But, if I was worried about snakes, I'd relieve myself somewhere else. I don't think I'd rely upon my speed and dexterity in confronting a rattlesnake.
    So true, Shaymus! I always thought either he knew he'd seen a skull there, (may have actually seen more than that or thought he did, but was afraid to say for sure just in case he was wrong) and could not figure out why LE wouldn't do anything after his calls, and was just looking again to see if they'd finally done something. OR, something completely different, (other obvious possibilities, that I won't go into here.) But just going into the rattlesnake's nest for another pee? No.

Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    So true, Shaymus! I always thought either he knew he'd seen a skull there, (may have actually seen more than that or thought he did, but was afraid to say for sure just in case he was wrong) and could not figure out why LE wouldn't do anything after his calls, and was just looking again to see if they'd finally done something. OR, something completely different, (other obvious possibilities, that I won't go into here.) But just going into the rattlesnake's nest for another pee? No.
    Thanks ! So far today I've been accused of being a Lenny supporter -whatever that is (and I wonder if there is compensation for that ?) and of having an exceptional bladder. I want to go on the record that both accusations (unfortunately for the latter) are not true.

Ditto!

Why would you even "go" there?

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    Wonder who among the three guys suggested in the first place stopping in that particular spot to have a snack under the kudzu? "Hey, let's kick back over here next to the swamp where people dump trash, that'll be nice, you sit over there on that abandoned TV." (McDonalds or someplace seems more likely, has bathrooms, too.) And then just by chance striking up a conversation, "you know this would be a good place to hide a body, excuse me I think I'll just go around the corner here and pee, hey whaddya know, that looks like a skull right there", etc.

Excuse me, I had to turn off my hinkymeter. No accusations here, just a little high on the hinkymeter. MOO
    Last edited by seagull65; 02-24-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: punctuation

Wonder who among the three guys suggested in the first place stopping in that particular spot to have a snack under the kudzu? "Hey, let's kick back over here next to the swamp where people dump trash, that'll be nice, you sit over there on that abandoned TV." (McDonalds or someplace seems more likely, has bathrooms, too.) And then just by chance striking up a conversation, "you know this would be a good place to hide a body, excuse me I think I'll just go around the corner here and pee, hey whaddya know, that looks like a skull right there", etc.

Excuse me, I had to turn off my hinkymeter. No accusations here, just a little high on the hinkymeter. MOO
    That's what I think is strange. If it had been that an average guy (not a former PI) went to pee in the woods and came across a skull, then, o'kay. But the story keeps getting more convoluted. Went in Aug. with two other guys, of which, one claims he doesn't remember anything mentioned about a skull because they ended up slaying a rattle snake. Would one not remember why one was in the woods in the first place?

By the way, the snake was alive wasn't it? How do you kill a rattler? Don't they strike? One of the guys had it in his freezer. THIS IS TOO BAZAAR.

By the way, the snake was alive wasn't it? How do you kill a rattler? Don't they strike? One of the guys had it in his freezer. THIS IS TOO BAZAAR.

The snake was dead when they found it.

Yep - I'm a proponent of the duck theory, myself.

so true, why stop there at all in the first place unless there was a meter to read

Maybe just maybe he took it with him in case he encountered another snake ... I would have!!
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe she is 4!!

Okay, the folding rod sounds interesting, but would LE want it, if he wasn't using it near the body? And from what I remember, RK was sent out there to search for new areas to install water meters. I don't remember at this point where I'd read/heard that one, but that was his initial reason for being out there.

I was always curious about that. I didn't know that LE wanted the rod. When did they ask for it?

Quote Originally Posted by suspicious1 View Post
    I was always curious about that. I didn't know that LE wanted the rod. When did they ask for it?
    On December 11th. Page 18 of this document. http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...13redacted.pdf

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast