805 users online (132 members and 673 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 355
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    165

    Will this case ever be solved?

    I hate to be pessimistic, but I am afraid this will become a cold case. The constant story-changing, lies and cast of characters in this family does not lead me to feel optimistic. However, being somewhat new to this crime-sleuthing (but enjoying it greatly), I was wondering how and when does a crime become officially considered "cold" and most LE stops looking?

    I don't know if this is appropriate for a thread, but was wanting some input.

    Being in Florida, this case has been quite interesting for me. But also very frustrating. I strongly feel the family knows the truth, but for some reason just won't tell it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by AuburnJenn View Post
    I hate to be pessimistic, but I am afraid this will become a cold case. The constant story-changing, lies and cast of characters in this family does not lead me to feel optimistic. However, being somewhat new to this crime-sleuthing (but enjoying it greatly), I was wondering how and when does a crime become officially considered "cold" and most LE stops looking?

    I don't know if this is appropriate for a thread, but was wanting some input.

    Being in Florida, this case has been quite interesting for me. But also very frustrating. I strongly feel the family knows the truth, but for some reason just won't tell it.


    Hi, I know exactly what you're saying and the mere thought pains me for little pumpkin Haleigh! I really, truly hope and pray that it will not be anytime soon. IMO the fact that LE is being so very tightlipped leads me to believe that they have one or more leads and or theories on her disappearance. It's also moo that although OCSO did a fabulous job on the Caylee case all of the leaks where detrimental to the investigation.

    Although RC is not a perfect man etc. he comes from a hard life. Sure, he has been troubled in the past. However it does seem to me and according to his pastor, neighbors etc. that he works very hard for his children to provide the best life that he knows and can. We all have to consider how he has been raised and his background as well. What really strikes me about all of this name calling etc. is it is coming from the bio-mom and her family. It really hit a bad chord somewhere in me and I get a bad feeling from her fiancess as well.

    Sorry for the ramble!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,943
    I guess that depends on whether they find her or not, and as long as they continue getting leads and tips, it will remain active. It's still very early yet to declare it cold now, I would think. Maybe in a year or two if the tips and leads dry up, and no sign of her turns up.
    I know of cases of adults who are missing, that they get a good tip and follow up on it, years after the fact. With kids, sometimes these cases are never closed.
    I have every confidence that they will do everything they can to bring her home.

  4. #4
    It becomes a cold case when they have exhausted all leads and have gone down every dead end. Then it will sit on someone's desk or files while they only work leads as they trickle in every now and then. Nothing will be actively pursued unless the tip is deemed viable and credible.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by AuburnJenn View Post
    I hate to be pessimistic, but I am afraid this will become a cold case. The constant story-changing, lies and cast of characters in this family does not lead me to feel optimistic. However, being somewhat new to this crime-sleuthing (but enjoying it greatly), I was wondering how and when does a crime become officially considered "cold" and most LE stops looking?

    I don't know if this is appropriate for a thread, but was wanting some input.

    Being in Florida, this case has been quite interesting for me. But also very frustrating. I strongly feel the family knows the truth, but for some reason just won't tell it.
    **bolded by me**

    I've been wondering the same thing. IMO, it's really hard to determine when or if this case will become cold because the LE hasn't really told the public anything. Now, it seems they're cutting back on the pressers. You're right, it is frustrating. It also makes you wonder if LE has anything or nothing at all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    It would seem that there would be a somewhat natural course of an investigation as it goes from hot to cold.

    I am concerned that first ground searches were halted. Then pressers have been halted. I hope this isn't going to be a cold case.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    This is FAR, very FAR from turning into a cold case.

    It has only been 14 days.

    Seems like a lot to us, but investigators will keep on it for at least 2 years before they "give up"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157
    It is not a cold case.

    What is cold right now is the silence of LE and the scant media reports.

    It makes me think they are onto something (fingers crossed for Haleigh)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,332
    LE has a reason to keep house as a crime scene.
    LE not telling or leaking anything even to the family.
    LE knows allot more than they will tell.
    I pray someone cracks and tells the truth.
    What was the paper RC showed LE at the dock?? (in private)
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,690
    At least a few months from now. I pray this one doesn't go cold. And I don't think it will.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    165
    Thank you for your responses...being somewhat new to this, I just wanted some input. I feel that Misti is the key to this whole puzzle. But for some reason they are protecting something/someone, and I can't figure out why.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    It is not a cold case.

    What is cold right now is the silence of LE and the scant media reports.

    It makes me think they are onto something (fingers crossed for Haleigh)
    After watching the news etc. last night LE's silence in regards to this case has really strengthened my resolve and belief that they do have more than we know and are headed in a direction. I am praying for Haleigh!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,927
    I don't think this will turn into a cold case as it will be resolved very soon with an arrest and recovery of Haleigh. The silence of LE over the past few days indicates to me that they are working some very important leads and keeping that information close at hand. Unfortunately, I don't think the outcome will be happy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries72 View Post
    **bolded by me**

    I've been wondering the same thing. IMO, it's really hard to determine when or if this case will become cold because the LE hasn't really told the public anything. Now, it seems they're cutting back on the pressers. You're right, it is frustrating. It also makes you wonder if LE has anything or nothing at all.
    My bold. That's what I'm beginning to wonder. Is anyone else here beginning to think maybe these small-town sheriffs aren't exactly up to the task of finding little Haleigh? I hate to say that. If they have any idea who is responsible why hasn't anything come of it. Each day she's missing makes it less likely that they will find her. imo

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    I don't think this will turn into a cold case as it will be resolved very soon with an arrest and recovery of Haleigh. The silence of LE over the past few days indicates to me that they are working some very important leads and keeping that information close at hand. Unfortunately, I don't think the outcome will be happy.
    God I hope you're right about important leads and wrong about the unhappy outcome.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Do you believe that this case will be solved?
    By eileenhawkeye in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 08:41 PM
  2. If this case got solved..............
    By ellen13 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 07:19 AM