Will this case ever be solved?

AuburnJenn

Reaction score
I hate to be pessimistic, but I am afraid this will become a cold case. The constant story-changing, lies and cast of characters in this family does not lead me to feel optimistic. However, being somewhat new to this crime-sleuthing (but enjoying it greatly), I was wondering how and when does a crime become officially considered "cold" and most LE stops looking?

I don't know if this is appropriate for a thread, but was wanting some input.

Being in Florida, this case has been quite interesting for me. But also very frustrating. I strongly feel the family knows the truth, but for some reason just won't tell it.

I hate to be pessimistic, but I am afraid this will become a cold case. The constant story-changing, lies and cast of characters in this family does not lead me to feel optimistic. However, being somewhat new to this crime-sleuthing (but enjoying it greatly), I was wondering how and when does a crime become officially considered "cold" and most LE stops looking?

Being in Florida, this case has been quite interesting for me. But also very frustrating. I strongly feel the family knows the truth, but for some reason just won't tell it.

Hi, I know exactly what you're saying and the mere thought pains me for little pumpkin Haleigh! I really, truly hope and pray that it will not be anytime soon. IMO the fact that LE is being so very tightlipped leads me to believe that they have one or more leads and or theories on her disappearance. It's also moo that although OCSO did a fabulous job on the Caylee case all of the leaks where detrimental to the investigation.

Although RC is not a perfect man etc. he comes from a hard life. Sure, he has been troubled in the past. However it does seem to me and according to his pastor, neighbors etc. that he works very hard for his children to provide the best life that he knows and can. We all have to consider how he has been raised and his background as well. What really strikes me about all of this name calling etc. is it is coming from the bio-mom and her family. It really hit a bad chord somewhere in me and I get a bad feeling from her fiancess as well.

Sorry for the ramble! :rolleyes:

I guess that depends on whether they find her or not, and as long as they continue getting leads and tips, it will remain active. It's still very early yet to declare it cold now, I would think. Maybe in a year or two if the tips and leads dry up, and no sign of her turns up.
I know of cases of adults who are missing, that they get a good tip and follow up on it, years after the fact. With kids, sometimes these cases are never closed.
I have every confidence that they will do everything they can to bring her home.

It becomes a cold case when they have exhausted all leads and have gone down every dead end. Then it will sit on someone's desk or files while they only work leads as they trickle in every now and then. Nothing will be actively pursued unless the tip is deemed viable and credible.

**bolded by me**

I've been wondering the same thing. IMO, it's really hard to determine when or if this case will become cold because the LE hasn't really told the public anything. Now, it seems they're cutting back on the pressers. You're right, it is frustrating. It also makes you wonder if LE has anything or nothing at all.

It would seem that there would be a somewhat natural course of an investigation as it goes from hot to cold.

I am concerned that first ground searches were halted. Then pressers have been halted. I hope this isn't going to be a cold case.

This is FAR, very FAR from turning into a cold case.

It has only been 14 days.

Seems like a lot to us, but investigators will keep on it for at least 2 years before they "give up"

It is not a cold case.

What is cold right now is the silence of LE and the scant media reports.

It makes me think they are onto something (fingers crossed for Haleigh)

LE has a reason to keep house as a crime scene.
LE not telling or leaking anything even to the family.
LE knows allot more than they will tell.
I pray someone cracks and tells the truth.
What was the paper RC showed LE at the dock?? (in private)

At least a few months from now. I pray this one doesn't go cold. And I don't think it will.

Thank you for your responses...being somewhat new to this, I just wanted some input. I feel that Misti is the key to this whole puzzle. But for some reason they are protecting something/someone, and I can't figure out why.

It is not a cold case.

What is cold right now is the silence of LE and the scant media reports.

It makes me think they are onto something (fingers crossed for Haleigh)

After watching the news etc. last night LE's silence in regards to this case has really strengthened my resolve and belief that they do have more than we know and are headed in a direction. I am praying for Haleigh!

I don't think this will turn into a cold case as it will be resolved very soon with an arrest and recovery of Haleigh. The silence of LE over the past few days indicates to me that they are working some very important leads and keeping that information close at hand. Unfortunately, I don't think the outcome will be happy.

**bolded by me**

I've been wondering the same thing. IMO, it's really hard to determine when or if this case will become cold because the LE hasn't really told the public anything. Now, it seems they're cutting back on the pressers. You're right, it is frustrating. It also makes you wonder if LE has anything or nothing at all.

My bold. That's what I'm beginning to wonder. Is anyone else here beginning to think maybe these small-town sheriffs aren't exactly up to the task of finding little Haleigh? I hate to say that. If they have any idea who is responsible why hasn't anything come of it. Each day she's missing makes it less likely that they will find her. imo

I don't think this will turn into a cold case as it will be resolved very soon with an arrest and recovery of Haleigh. The silence of LE over the past few days indicates to me that they are working some very important leads and keeping that information close at hand. Unfortunately, I don't think the outcome will be happy.

God I hope you're right about important leads and wrong about the unhappy outcome.:frown:

I think it is starting to feel cold to us since LE hasn't shared much at all. I wish they would. Then maybe someone in the public would solve it such as how Caylee was found. Everyday I search for news on the case hoping to hear something. I am so sad for Haleigh. I can't help but feel the worst. I just hope LE has something they are focusing on ?? Has the home been released yet? If not, that is strange to me after so long.

This case, as others have said, will stay "active" as long as tips are coming in, etc. BUT the media will lose interest very soon, IMO, the trucks will go, the interviews will stop, because there's nothing new to report....eventually Ron will need to move from his tent, the trailer will be released as a crime scene and somebody else will move in there....

So the case won't be officially cold, but it won't be getting the coverage. Also, the number of LE working the case will be reduced very soon I think. That will be a terrible reality for the family to face.

I don't understand LE not releasing the house yet. IMO.. In this time they sure have been able to document everything in this house, taken all the fingerprints, checked all the drains, etc. Luckily RC has family in the area he could stay with if he wanted to but what if he didn't? This is a very rural county unlike many metro type counties is FL. I have not felt that confident about their LE from the beginning especially when they told TES to left after searching for only a very few days...JMO

I don't understand LE not releasing the house yet. IMO.. In this time they sure have been able to document everything in this house, taken all the fingerprints, checked all the drains, etc. Luckily RC has family in the area he could stay with if he wanted to but what if he didn't? This is a very rural county unlike many metro type counties is FL. I have not felt that confident about their LE from the beginning especially when they told TES to left after searching for only a very few days...JMO

LE told TES to leave? I thought Tim Miller decided to leave to go work another missing child case?

LE not releasing the house is a complete mystery. RC's mom gave a lame reason for that last night on NG, but it really didn't make any sense, something about if the find out Haleigh was taken by someone who came through a hole in the floor, then LE can go back in and look for the hole or something like that? There is something to them not releasing the house, but I can't imagine what it is. At least you can't call it cold though if LE is still holding the house.

LE told TES to leave? I thought Tim Miller decided to leave to go work another missing child case?

LE not releasing the house is a complete mystery. RC's mom gave a lame reason for that last night on NG, but it really didn't make any sense, something about if the find out Haleigh was taken by someone who came through a hole in the floor, then LE can go back in and look for the hole or something like that? There is something to them not releasing the house, but I can't imagine what it is. At least you can't call it cold though if LE is still holding the house.

There was an interview on local TV news with Tim the day before they packed up and he said something like that or that he was told TES was no longer needed, sorry can't remember the exact wording.

I will try to see if I can find the clip. In the meantime anyone else remember his exact words?

I saw RC's mom NG last night too. The whole hole in the floor thing was just an example as to why LE hasn't released the scene yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back