1270 users online (243 members and 1027 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NE - I guess daycare workers tape mouths shut too....

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pag...u_sid=10572249

This disgusts me. This child could have choked on her own vomit. All she gets is a fine? Attempted child abuse? Sorry, but I want child endangerment, or child abuse. With jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower67 View Post
    http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pag...u_sid=10572249

This disgusts me. This child could have choked on her own vomit. All she gets is a fine? Attempted child abuse? Sorry, but I want child endangerment, or child abuse. With jail time.
    OMG! THIS IS A CRIME! People beware and check your day cares out!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Technolgy has helped with some daycares in the past 10 or so years. You can "watch" your children on the net. But most daycare centers dont have this set-up....Maybe it should be mandatory...even at in-home day care.

When I was in highschool, I was on a work program and worked a few hours a day at a CHURCH daycare. Those idiots would use Hershey cocoa powder --- that nasty stuff- as a punishment. They would literally make the kids hold their head back and POUR that stuff into the kids mouths. "My" group was the 2-3 yr olds...some still in diapers ! Those poor babies would be crying & gagging and those evil doers would pour that stuff down their throats ! I was still a kid myself (16) and I freaked out. . . I told everybody I came into contact with right then what they were doing & they were shut down. I walked out & went to a gas station next door and they called the police for me. I dont know what ever happened to the people. Im almost 46 yrs old now and that church daycare is STILL shut down as far as I know. The playground is gone, no more banners & ad's anymore, etc....

Videocameras are ok but really don't get to the underlying problem. Daycare workers need to be trained! I'm not talking about a college education. I'm talking about real childcare training. There's a big difference. Most people get into daycare because they think it's an easy way to make money. A lot of them don't really care for children or even know what to do with a child. I believe a certain amount of hours of training needs to be required before someone can work in a daycare. I worked in a daycare for 2 years. My daycare required us to have a certain amount of hours in training sessions. I never knew of a worker hurting a child. We also had lots of rules and accountability. A good daycare will not only do background checks, but will train their workers. That's my opinion anyway.

WTH! Absolutely cruel! I want to know what kind of tape she used.

And this statement makes me have even more questions

According to police, the five-year-old girl’s mother had been trying to break her daughter’s habit of sucking her fingers and Erickson came up with the idea of making the child eat beans, which she hates.
    Did the mom know that she was going to make her eat beans and then the worker just decided to use tape as well?

And ALL she got was a $250 fine! Unbelievable!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
    Videocameras are ok but really don't get to the underlying problem. Daycare workers need to be trained! I'm not talking about a college education. I'm talking about real childcare training. There's a big difference. Most people get into daycare because they think it's an easy way to make money. A lot of them don't really care for children or even know what to do with a child. I believe a certain amount of hours of training needs to be required before someone can work in a daycare. I worked in a daycare for 2 years. My daycare required us to have a certain amount of hours in training sessions. I never knew of a worker hurting a child. We also had lots of rules and accountability. A good daycare will not only do background checks, but will train their workers. That's my opinion anyway.
    It is also imperative to have an open door policy, parents should be able to visit anytime they want and drop by unexpectedly. What you see so much of is (have seen it myself) is that the lower paying childcare facilities will go over the teacher child ratio and only have it at ratio when parents come to pick up their child at the end of the day...not only that, but the worker's are paid such a low wage with NO early childhood training whatsoever. I agree that in- services focusing on early childhood and what to expect at certain ages is crucial. Too many of these places simply do not want to fork out the money for that, or for hiring qualified workers. Parents need to be able to visit ANY time even before they decide to enroll their child, to see what the facility is like on a daily basis. They can learn much more than by setting an appointment to take a "tour". Usually this type of behavior from a worker has been exhibited before. Makes me sick.

What?????? She taped the little girls mouth shut after she'd been throwing up and only got a $250 fine as punishment? Thats almost as sick as the crime itself.