GUILTY MO - Lucas Theede-Bennett, 9 mos, shaken to death, Willard, 6 Jan 2009

Kathee

Reaction score
From the link that Kathee provided:

"An autopsy determined that the cause of Lucas' death were, "abusive head injuries," that are consistent with a crushed skull, and signs of bleeding on the brain.

The doctor that performed the autopsy said that the injuries were predominately to the right side of Lucas' head, and that the infliction of the injuries were not more than two hours old.

In his estimation, he believes that the fatal injuries probably occurred about thirty minutes before Caringer called for help for the baby, and that he would have "been symptomatic immediately."

Poor baby, Rest in Peace sweetie.

An interesting fact: The day I went into the hospital for my d&c from the miscarriage, I spoke to the aunt of this little boy. This was in mid-January. Since then my heart has just been grieving for this family... and I am so glad to hear that justice is finally being served. I don't care who thinks that this woman that hurt Lucas was a "good woman" and would "never do something like this." She did. And she needs to be put away for life for it. You can NOT injure a CHILD... a defenseless child who just wants to be loved and taken care of and that's it.

How dare she take Lucas away from his mother?

Sweet Jesus! This just sickens me. I thank God every day that I am able to stay home with my boys. I cannot imagine going through something like that/

Gee wiz! I am so sick of this too.....I read the document......wth! This other woman Ashley drops off her daughter an hour before she calls 911? If I heard a kid cryin like that and she said to me " he's just fighting his sleep",,,,,,,ha, I'd of turned around and left with my daughter! How horrible for this Ashley person, to get hear about this that day and her own child was left there with "crazy"? I would feel so horrified.

I'm with you lovjac......very fortunate not having to work so I can stay home all these years with my kids. Others are not so fortunate and for some, to have to assume you can trust someone to be good to your children? Thats so tragic.

I just don't get it. Babies at that age are such a joy. They make you laugh, they're sweet, they're precious. They don't make you angry enough to cause such harm to them, at least not in my expereince. I just don't understand how someone could hurt such a precious little angel. This is why I am so glad I have a trusted family member (my MIL) to watch my kids on the few hours a week that I work. It's stories like this that make me never trust anyone else besides family to watch them.

I just don't get it. Babies at that age are such a joy. They make you laugh, they're sweet, they're precious. They don't make you angry enough to cause such harm to them, at least not in my experience. I just don't understand how someone could hurt such a precious little angel. This is why I am so glad I have a trusted family member (my MIL) to watch my kids on the few hours a week that I work. It's stories like this that make me never trust anyone else besides family to watch them.

January, I am the same way. The other people I have ever trusted to watch my son were my parents. I am a stay at home mom so even then it's only in case of emergency or special occasion.

How can anyone harm a baby?

here is another interesting article.

http://www.semissourian.com/article/20090304/OPINION01/703049942/-1/RSS

Another child has died in an unlicensed Missouri child-care facility. Nine-month-old Lucas Theede-Bennett's death was a preventable tragedy for his family, and for Brenda Caringer, the woman charged with his death. The tragedy for every Missouri citizen is that Lucas was not the first child to die in a Missouri child-care program.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/03/preliminary-hearing-date-set-for.html

Brenda Caringer is scheduled to be in court on March 31st. Caringer is accused of allegedly causing the death of 9 month-old Lucas Payton Theede-Bennett in January.

Public Defender Kristin Jones has filed a motion with the court to lower Caringer's $250,000 bond. That motion will be heard on Friday March 13, 2009 at 9:30 a.m. in Associate Circuit Court Judge Mark Powell's courtroom in the Greene County courthouse.

I can't find any info on the outcome of the March 13 bond hearing.

I agree with eveything you have have all written and this is why I will never leave my child with a stranger or anyone that does not see them regularly who is Family

03/13/2009
Docket Entry: Hearing Held
Text: State by apa J Patterson. Deft in person from GCJ and by atty K Jones. Court hears argument regarding defendants motion to reduce bond. Bond remains the same at this time. Defendant is referred to pretrial services. Parties are to consult regarding contact that deft is to have with her own son who is a juvenile while deft is incarcerated. MAP/lks
Associated Docket Entries: 03/09/2009 - Motion Hearing Scheduled

Associated Events: 03/13/2009 , 09:30:00 - Motion Hearing

Thank you passionategray. I really want to keep up with this case. I still thank God every day that I'm able to be with my children. Other than me, it is only grandparents and aunts and uncles. I feel very fortunate to have that choice.

So, I guess they are trying to arrange visitation for her son?

Yeah, that's what it seems to be. I feel bad for her son... but it makes me wonder if he was abused. :(

I'm going to be a stay at home mom when we have kids.

Yeah, that's what it seems to be. I feel bad for her son... but it makes me wonder if he was abused. :(

I'm going to be a stay at home mom when we have kids.

Do everything you can to make that happen. I promise you won't regret it!

The way I feel is this, it took so much effort and time for us to finally have children, there is NO way I could ever be trusting enough to put them in daycare, although I am certain that there are some great ones out there.

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/41392762.html

Willard Daycare Operated Named in Civil Suit

A mother is suing her former babysitter in her child's death.
53-year-old Brenda Caringer is already charged with second degree murder.
Now she's named in a wrongful death civil suit.
Lucas Theede- Bennet" died January 9-th from blunt force trauma.

Oh my looking at that site is heartbreaking. You can tell how much she loved him. It makes me hold my son tighter and kiss him more each day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back