Crystal S., Haleigh's mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom'sGirl

Former Member
Reaction score
For other family members check to see if they have their own thread.

I seems from the last thread that some are getting upset because they view Crystal as a victim and that she is getting picked on. The only victim we know of at this point is Haleigh. Everyone else is a possible suspect. LE has not named a suspect and LE has not cleared anyone in the immediate family. Anyone with a motive could have been responsible here.

I find it interesting that LE is holding no more pressers and pleas for info from the public. IMO, this investigation has gone inside the family.

I seems from the last thread that some are getting upset because they view Crystal as a victim and that she is getting picked on. The only victim we know of at this point is Haleigh. Everyone else is a possible suspect. LE has not named a suspect and LE has not cleared anyone in the immediate family. Anyone with a motive could have been responsible here.

I find it interesting that LE is holding no more pressers and pleas for info from the public. IMO, this investigation has gone inside the family.

Yes Haleigh is the victim and I think it is somebody in the family I could be wrong

I don't see her as a victim. Sorry, but I can't see any mother who knows that she is leaving her child with a family with so many criminal charges and not fighting for them with every ounce of her being a victim..oh, but wait..I guess I forget her family is full of criminals too..
I just don't feel sorry for any of them anymore! Only Haleigh..I really hope for all their sakes that this isn't Karma biting them in the rear.

Yes Haleigh is the victim and I think it is somebody in the family I could be wrong

I'm still leaning towards Misty, only because she's apparently the last one to see Haleigh. Other than that, everyone is on my suspect list, including SO's. I'm really sitting on the fence with this one. And now we hear that LE has stopped the flow of info. Arghhhhhhh!

Yes, absolutley SuziQ. I agree, in this case the child is the primary victim. Totally. But some of the players are victims of either their own environment or the people they became entangled with.

Although, have some understanding that Although I personally view her as a victim, it is not a victim in the sense. Crystal may be a victim of poor parenting examples (her parents choices), victim of being uneducated about her rights as a parent in the system. Crystal is allegedly a victim of Domestic Violence...according to a submitted court document. That said, she is an adult now, making adult choices and now is the time to get her act together for her children. She needs not to fear the system or her childs father.

I don't see her as a victim. Sorry, but I can't see any mother who knows that she is leaving her child with a family with so many criminal charges and not fighting for them with every ounce of her being a victim..oh, but wait..I guess I forget her family is full of criminals too..
I just don't feel sorry for any of them anymore! Only Haleigh..I really hope for all their sakes that this isn't Karma biting them in the rear.

I mean seriously. Any of them could be behind this, directly because of motive, indirectly because of their lifestyle. It's a mess.

The more I see, the more I agree. What a colossal disaster both of these families are.

In all honesty, I do not know who is abusive and who is not based on court records. The entire family seems to have a thing for filling protection orders against each other then dropping them. Crystal does have the one order against her with regards to abuse of a child, I would like to find more information about that but have not yet been able to.

Yes, absolutley SuziQ. I agree, in this case the child is the primary victim. Totally. But some of the players are victims of either their own environment or the people they became entangled with.

Although, have some understanding that Although I personally view her as a victim, it is not a victim in the sense. Crystal may be a victim of poor parenting examples (her parents choices), victim of being uneducated about her rights as a parent in the system. Crystal is allegedly a victim of Domestic Violence...according to a submitted court document. That said, she is an adult now, making adult choices and now is the time to get her act together for her children. She needs not to fear the system or her childs father.

ITA, but I quit feeling sorry for someone who keeps making the same bad choices. Also, the documents seem to be a he said she said. Do we know what two charges Crystal is accused of for false reporting? If missed it I apologize and would really like to know. This could indicate a pattern of baseless accusations. I've always wondered if she's behind DFS calls and Ron's drug arrests.

If Crystal is a vengeful person, which is the impression I get so far of her and her family. And she owes a good chunk of child support. This could be motive. I'm just trying to look at all angles.

In all honesty, I do not know who is abusive and who is not based on court records. The entire family seems to have a thing for filling protection orders against each other then dropping them. Crystal does have the one order against her with regards to abuse of a child, I would like to find more information about that but have not yet been able to.

And isn't that interesting that the only official document is against her. I really don't want to diss her and hate going down this route. I'm merely trying to determine if Crystal is a bad parent, or something more.

At this point the only ones I feel sorry for are the cops and the children. My stepdaughter is a cop in Tallahassee. She says "this" is what she deals with day in and day out. I see her sinking, I don't know what to call it, into a kind of despair. I think I'm getting a better grasp on what she means having watched all this unfold. I don't think I really "got it" till now. Same families, different day, different "problem", arrest them, courts let them go with a slap on the hand, arrest them again same thing. This case has really opened my eyes.

And isn't that interesting that the only official document is against her. I really don't want to diss her and hate going down this route. I'm merely trying to determine if Crystal is a bad parent, or something more.

I'm thinking victim of circumstance- but a willing victim who didn't try to make things better for herself.

I do still believe she is a victim of abuse- likely a lifetime of abuse and possibly neglect that dates back to her childhood.

She is a perfect example of not knowing what "normal" is in the real world. Because "normal" to her appears to be this trainwreck.

At this point the only ones I feel sorry for are the cops and the children. My stepdaughter is a cop in Tallahassee. She says "this" is what she deals with day in and day out. I see her sinking, I don't know what to call it, into a kind of despair. I think I'm getting a better grasp on what she means having watched all this unfold. I don't think I really "got it" till now. Same families, different day, different "problem", arrest them, courts let them go with a slap on the hand, arrest them again same thing. This case has really opened my eyes.

Mine too. We have yet to find one person in these families who has chosen a life of coloring within the lines.

Mine too. We have yet to find one person in these families who has chosen a life of coloring within the lines.

I don't think any of these people even know where the lines are... or care.

I'm thinking victim of circumstance- but a willing victim who didn't try to make things better for herself.

I do still believe she is a victim of abuse- likely a lifetime of abuse and possibly neglect that dates back to her childhood.

She is a perfect example of not knowing what "normal" is in the real world. Because "normal" to her appears to be this trainwreck.

You know I think that's the key, sadly.

I'm still leaning towards Misty, only because she's apparently the last one to see Haleigh. Other than that, everyone is on my suspect list, including SO's. I'm really sitting on the fence with this one. And now we hear that LE has stopped the flow of info. Arghhhhhhh!

So...LE has stopped telling us nothing? Gee that's discouraging!:cool:

LawGirl41 posted this in the Ronald thread, but I thought I'd bring the transcript of the 2005 custodial hearing into this thread as well: http://www.fox30online.com/media/news/e/4/2/e42078af-0580-47ab-8b13-b60c9d0f9ac3/cummings1.pdf

My impressions from this transcript and other things we've been able to read/see:

*Crystal S. did want custody of her children and did attempt to seek it/retain it several times.
*Crystal S. was not equipped to represent herself in the legal system and as a result, she wasn't able to get custody--
* I do not think custody was granted because of a well-measured contemplation of the best interests of the children-- it was about $ and who knew best how to navigate the court system.
* Ronald C. was able to represent himself and maneuver effectively within the legal system. IMO he's a bully and he used the system to bully Crystal.
* Crystal S. seems intimidated by Ronald C. She didn't even obtain a drivers license until after she had separated from/moved away from Ronald C.

-- Basically, I think the entire custodial situation reads like a classic domestic violence-meets- the legal system situation.

I don't think Ronald or Crystal are directly responsible for Haleigh's disappearance, but I REALLY don't think Crystal resonates as vengeful or as if she didn't want to be with her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa