1216 users online (208 members and 1008 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Does the reluctance to sit for deposition affect your opinion of the A's?

Voters
342. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is a negative for me.

303 88.60%
  • No, they were within their rights.

39 11.40%

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Does their RELUCTANCE to sit forthe CIVIL depositions affect your opinion of the A's?

This came up in another thread and I'm curious as to the opinions of others here. Does the A's reluctance to sit for civil depositions as scheduled on February 26, 2008, affect your opinion of them?

Since I goofed on adding the poll, looks like this is an essay poll unless the mods can fix it to make it last a few days.
    Last edited by JBean; 02-26-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: goofed on poll- Jbean clarified title
    Opinion above.

wftv link
    Casey's attorney said it's not in her best interest to tell what she knows about where Caylee is. "It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Baez said.
    How's that workin' for ya'?

Please click here to donate to TES

WARNING! EXTRA SPECIAL GRIEF CAUSES IRRITATION

Absolutely - I was really starting to think that George was coming out of denial - I still think he is led around by Cindy, and I think if given his own choice he may have gone forward with the depos.

As for Cindy - WAKE UP! I know she's your daughter and you love her more than life - you carried her, you raised her, you had a deep relationship with her - but Cindy, she MURDERED your beloved granddaughter and has been lying about it.

I know you want tp protect your own child, but it is too late! Let her suffer the consequences and pay penance - only then will you begin to heal.

If it was an accident,why the duct tape?

Yes, exactly! No matter how much you love someone, can you imagine if they're successful in their efforts, how they can live with her, see her every single day knowing what she's done?

But then again, they did it when she was out on bond. And they had to have some suspicions, at least. I just couldn't do it, myself. I'd think of it every time I looked at her. Imagine seeing her on holidays, etc.
    Opinion above.

wftv link
    Casey's attorney said it's not in her best interest to tell what she knows about where Caylee is. "It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Baez said.

They need to just do it.

I can't say their refusing to appear at the deposition has effected my feelings about them. I already don't have a high opinion of Cindy and George.
    Throughout the search for Caylee they did more to cover for their daughter than seek their grandchild.
    It's not their emotional situation that makes them fight the deposition so hard. They don't want to touch the Zanny the Nanny subject. If they admit under oath they don't believe there was ever a Nanny, they show themselves and their daughter as liars and also shoot down the very story their Casey used to explain Caylee's disappearance.
    The Nanny took Caylee may still be the defense her team will use. Casey's parents have caught themselves in a web of lies and coverup. It always happens when you try to deceive the law.
    jmo
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Are you talking about civil depositions? or criminal depositions? I haven't been around so I am not sure what you mean.
    I thought the depositions were related to the civil case by ZFG, but the answers are related to Caylee being found, and other things related to Caylee,so i am confused. can someone help me please

They are just postponing the inevitable, IMO. They need to step up, face the facts and get this thing going. Their love for Caylee, an innocent little child, should trump their love for their daughter.

Where's the option for "No, my opinion of them is already about as low as it can get."?

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think it's likely that George is in a pretty fragile state right now. But I'm not sure what is so taxing about stating that they don't know anything about a woman who doesn't exist.

I would think that, at this point, it would be in their best interests to portray themselves as compassionate for others--like the woman their daughter accused of stealing her child.

But it doesn't change my opinion of THEM as much as it makes me question the counsel they are receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Are you talking about civil depositions? or criminal depositions? I haven't been around so I am not sure what you mean.
    I thought the depositions were related to the civil case by ZFG, but the answers are related to Caylee being found, and other things related to Caylee,so i am confused. can someone help me please

Edited op to reflect civil and date they were scheduled.
    Opinion above.

wftv link

THE A FAMILY work the media so good..........no one is FRAGILE, IMO......
    stalling for time.......DRAMA!!! I have NO RESPECT for GA/CA.......none anymore!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer View Post
    They are just postponing the inevitable, IMO. They need to step up, face the facts and get this thing going. Their love for Caylee, an innocent little child, should trump their love for their daughter.
    Bolded by me

ABSOLUTELY - BRAVO. Could not have said this better myself.

Forget about your daughter lying and stealing from you.

Take it to another nightmarish level - your daughter murdered your beloved, beautiful, innocent, TRUSTING grandchild.

Now, I thought for a long time that it would be impossible for them to accept that their daughter could have done this unspeakable act, and therefore I could ALMOST understand them defending her.

But now, they have got to know. They certainly would get more out of the document dumps and learn about KC's guilt than any stranger.

CA and GA - this is horrible for you, but sometimes you have to let go... in more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    Where's the option for "No, my opinion of them is already about as low as it can get."?
    Believe me, I thought of that but then I'd have had to have a dozen options. I thought my opinion of them was as low as it could get but seems they keep hitting new lows, so I ultimately decided to keep it simple.
    Opinion above.

wftv link

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyB View Post
    I think it's likely that George is in a pretty fragile state right now. But I'm not sure what is so taxing about stating that they don't know anything about a woman who doesn't exist.

I would think that, at this point, it would be in their best interests to portray themselves as compassionate for others--like the woman their daughter accused of stealing her child.

But it doesn't change my opinion of THEM as much as it makes me question the counsel they are receiving.
    bolded by me

This may be, but he was strong enough to go help out in Haleigh's case, but not strong enough to sit in a chair and answer a few questions about ZFG?

That's what changed my opinion about GA.

Cindy has always been a bit lower in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer View Post
    Their love for Caylee, an innocent little child, should trump their love for their daughter.
    I'll probably get in trouble for generalizing here, but it's been my observation that in families with similar dynamics (criminal child, defensive/protective parent), the problem child often shares many undesirable character traits with the defending parent. Cindy and Casey are a lot alike, IMO, hence Cindy's fierce protection of a child she identifies so closely with, whether she wants to admit it or not.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast