LA - FEMALE CONVICTED PEDOPHILE allegedly swaps children for COCKATOO?

AdoraBlue

I've been known to be a little too "woo-woo."
Reaction score
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20090226/NEWS03/902260342
SNIP Three adults have been arrested on kidnapping charges after police claim they agreed to swap a $1,500 cockatoo and $175 in cash for two children.
Brandy Lynn Romero, 27, and Paul J. Romero, 46, both of the 5200 block of Eunice-Basile Highway in Evangeline Parish, are free on a $95,000 bond on charges of aggravated kidnapping.
Donna Louise Greenwell, 51, of Pitkin, also charged with kidnapping, is being held on a $100,000 bond in the Evangeline Parish Jail.
According to Eunice Police Chief Gary Fontenot, the Eunice-area couple agreed to swap the bird for the children, a 4-year-old girl and a 5-year-old boy.
Fontenot said the case remains under investigation and details remain spotty.SNIP

Just when I think I have heard the worst about people.

Hi mods,

Can the title of this thread be edited? If so, to read [FEMALE CONVICTED PEDOPHILE] allegedly swaps children for COCKATOO? Thank you.

:furious:
SNIP Greenwell, who was arrested in Ville Platte, is a long-haul trucker who delivers cattle to several states. According to police, she has an extensive criminal history.
"She is a convicted pedophile. This case could have wider implications," Fontenot said.SNIP

Ruh roh,

Now the "soon-to-be stepfather" is purportedly blogging somewhere:

this is a comment i found
weet23romeo wrote:
I am the soon to be step father and i just found out about all this me and jennifer are coming back to town to help find our missing son and to get our kids back. We left to get better jobs and to set up a stable home for the kids and to stable our lifes. We did not know that donna was a convicted pedophile we had met her at the stock car races and she was a friend of our friend jerry and she was very nice and courteous and offered to help out because we were losing everything.I will more in the morning.We are currently trying to find a way back to shreveport to my dads and we will go from there to try and find our kids....

well come on want to be step father and jennifer...make sure you stop at the Rapides Sheriff office i am sure they have some questions for you also...oh and they will transport you to Alexandria so maybe you should just stop there before coming on down to our country side

Scroll down

Hi mods,

Can the title of this thread be edited? If so, to read [FEMALE CONVICTED PEDOPHILE] allegedly swaps children for COCKATOO? Thank you.

SNIP Greenwell, who was arrested in Ville Platte, is a long-haul trucker who delivers cattle to several states. According to police, she has an extensive criminal history.
"She is a convicted pedophile. This case could have wider implications," Fontenot said.SNIP

Ugh, this is disgusting!!
Children are nothing more than a commodity to these people!
And even more alarming:
Fontenot said police are also seeking a 17-month-old half-sibling of the children who is believed to be living with yet another family in Allen Parish.

Ugh, this is disgusting!!
Children are nothing more than a commodity to these people!
And even more alarming:

And yet we see it time and time and time again. There is no excuse for this behavior.

And yet we see it time and time and time again. There is no excuse for this behavior.

I know! It's getting to where you could just make up almost any heinous scenario (like "Woman Trades Children for Cockatoo") and it would turn out to be true.

Sick, sick, sick. :mad:
There is nothing else I can say that won't get me at least a TO.

P.S. I hope they ROT. :furious:

Sick, sick, sick. :mad:
There is nothing else I can say that won't get me at least a TO.

P.S. I hope they ROT. :furious:

Any pics of these discusting vile people?:mad:

Ruh roh,

Now the "soon-to-be stepfather" is purportedly blogging somewhere:

this is a comment i found
weet23romeo wrote:
I am the soon to be step father and i just found out about all this me and jennifer are coming back to town to help find our missing son and to get our kids back. We left to get better jobs and to set up a stable home for the kids and to stable our lifes. We did not know that donna was a convicted pedophile we had met her at the stock car races and she was a friend of our friend jerry and she was very nice and courteous and offered to help out because we were losing everything.I will more in the morning.We are currently trying to find a way back to shreveport to my dads and we will go from there to try and find our kids....

well come on want to be step father and jennifer...make sure you stop at the Rapides Sheriff office i am sure they have some questions for you also...oh and they will transport you to Alexandria so maybe you should just stop there before coming on down to our country side

Scroll down

:sick:
I'll put this in the same category as, "the nanny has Caylee"

Any pics of these discusting vile people?:mad:

I haven't had any luck...she's not on MySpace, at least not with that name. I'm sure they will be forthcoming, once they get back into town to take mugshots. :bang:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20090226/NEWS03/90226027/1062

A 5-year-old boy, his 4-year-old sister and their 17-month-old half-brother are now safe following a bizarre case in which the two older children allegedly were exchanged for a cockatoo.

Donna Greenwell, 53, of Pitkin, a small town south of Fort Polk in Vernon Parish, is being held in the Evangeline Parish Jail on a charge of aggravated kidnapping. Her bond has been set at $100,000.
Greenwell, a long-haul trucker who surrendered to authorities Sunday, is accused of selling the two oldest children to an Evangeline Parish couple.
Paul J. Romero, 46, and Brandy Lynn Romero, 27, each is free on $5,000 bond after being booked on kidnapping charges.

For years, the couple had been trying to have their own child, Evangeline sheriff's detective Keith Dupre said today. "The Romeros had good intentions from what we see. They really wanted to take care of the kids. The kids were well-dressed and seemed to be treated good by the Romero family.”

Dupre said the transaction for the two children was negotiated by phone last week after Greenwell spotted a flier posted at a livestock barn offering the Romeros’ pet cockatoo for sale for $1,500.

I have no comment.

OH God, I so WISH my skeptic's mind would believe that the kids were well taken care of, but in this sick world (and how sad is this) that would be the most UN-likely scenario. I long for a time when that would have been the norm - just nice folk wanting kids.

It makes me sad that the Romero's didn't go about things in the right way. I know how it is to want children, but my goodness... they should have called the police instead of getting involved like this. Poor kids. :(

I'm confused. The soon to be stepdad claims the kids were kidnapped after leaving them with a friend of a friend? He says "our" kids. They're not his kids, he's not even married to the woman. Totally disgusting. I'm glad the kids are now safe and hope they also got the cockatiel to safety. It's helpless and is probably also in danger.

It makes me sad that the Romero's didn't go about things in the right way. I know how it is to want children, but my goodness... they should have called the police instead of getting involved like this. Poor kids. :(
Poor bird! :mad:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20090306/NEWS01/90306008/1060
SNIP
The woman and the people who allegedly bought the children in Evangeline Parish were booked last week with kidnapping. The charges are now sale of minor children — still a serious offense but with lesser penalties than kidnapping, according to a defense attorney. SNIP

An update, but this link has mugshots of the perps.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20090305/NEWS01/903050328

But wait, it gets better: This link has more info and better pictures.

SNIP Mundy was forcibly taken from her home, beaten and held against her will for more than three hours, according to both Mundy and Grant Parish Sheriff's Office records. Mundy said Greenwell's daughter and Mundy's son had a child together and that Greenwell threatened to "feed her to the alligators" if she didn't give Greenwell the infant daughter whom Mundy's son had custody of at the time. SNIP

And another update:

SNIP NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The lawyer for a Louisiana woman accused of swapping two children for an exotic bird and $175 in cash said Friday that the charge is false.
Attorney Timmy Fontenot said his client, Donna Greenwell, 53, had good intentions and rejected media reports making her out to be a "monster."
"Donna was simply trying to find a good home for children abandoned to her care, and the facts will substantiate this," Fontenot said. SNIP

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iYGwcCqHQxFe02lrFk_6L4CnraaQD96OP6B80

how did the authorities find out about the kids? did someone turn them in?
These kids are going to have some serious detatchment disorders from being passed around so much....Im glad they are safe now.
Also anyone know the background on greenwell being a convicted pedophile? nothing has been said about that other then she is.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20090226/NEWS03/90226027/1062
SNIP Authorities believe Greenwell began caring for the children about a year ago at their mother’s request. Greenwell “stated that the mother was having a hard time and asked her to baby sit," Dupre said. "She said one month led to two months and two months led to a year.”

The children’s biological mother is believed to be in Texas but has told investigators through a relative she plans to come to Evangeline Parish soon, Dupre said.

The older children’s father, a Leesville man, has been questioned and has expressed interest in getting custody of the children, Dupre said.

Who will eventually get the children will be up to the state, which will decide whether the parents can visit or gain custody of the children. SNIP

The "convicted pedophile" was a direct quote from a LEO interviewed in one of the articles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back