1134 users online (194 members and 940 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - 13yo girl accused of pimping out mentally disabled classmate

Brockton authorities have uncovered a disturbing junior high hooker ring in which a mildly retarded 13-year-old girl allegedly was pimped out by her best friend for as little as $5, sources told the Herald.

The eighth-grader, a developmentally delayed foster child, allegedly has been performing sex acts on junior high and high school students behind a bank and a supermarket, some of which may have been caught on surveillance videos. The girl's best friend, who is also an eighth-grade girl, allegedly set up the trysts, charging between $5 and $30, and pocketed all of the money, according to a source.

``The girl who set it up - who was supposedly her friend - never gave her any money,'' the source said.

Authorities believe the prostitution has been going on since April and involves as many as 20 boys. One alleged john, an 18-year-old Brockton High School student, could face criminal charges for allegedly assaulting the girl, the source said.

The alleged madame reportedly convinced the girl to perform the sex acts by telling her it was the only way she could get boyfriends.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...rticleid=29905

Probably because I have 2 mentally retarded children of my own and know dozens more through school associations and Special Olympics, this story brings me to tears.

Mentally retarded people misused by "friends" is a sad and often disgusting fact of life. I wish I could say it was the first time I've dissolved into tears over similar situations. It's not.

Awww Lovely Pidgeon sorry the story upset you... it is a good reminder that we have to be protective and watch out for people with problems like this - they can be so easily victimized and not even realize they are a victim.

I find it really shocking that the girl accused of running this operation - is so callous and unfeeling towards her classmate, almost like she was property instead of a real person with feelings. I can't help but wonder what kind of home she is being raised in - what her parents are saying about all this?

What a shocking story! How very sad. It is a horrible thing for any human to victimize and use another. It's baffling that this, and worse, goes on in our world. It's even more unreal that children are doing this, and worse, to other children. I don't understand

Sky

I am disgusted by this and similar accounts. Apparently, a similar situation occurred at a Middle School that I was an intern at in college. I guess it happens more than we know.
    Just my opinion anyway... cheers!

DA to probe teen sex acts
    By Dave Wedge
    Sunday, June 6, 2004
    While Brockton authorities are denying that a 13-year-old girl performing sex acts was being pimped out by her friend, the Herald has learned that both girls are slated to be questioned by the district attorney's sex crimes unit.

According to a source, the two eighth-graders will be questioned by a prosecutor probing the prostitution allegations. Counselors and social workers will also be in on the Sex Abuse Investigative Network interviews, which are done in child sex-abuse cases.

Brockton police have said a preliminary probe has turned up no evidence of prostitution. But sources have told the Herald the mentally impaired teen was turning tricks at a local supermarket for between $5 and $30 and that another eighth-grade girl was arranging the trysts. Both girls have been out of school since the scandal broke.

Brockton school Superintendent Joseph Bage acknowledged the girl was performing sex acts after school but said there ``absolutely'' was no prostitution.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...=30777&format=

I know of a 19 year old inmate who is doing LWOP for killing his mother. She was pimping him out to her boyfriends since he was 10 to support a drug habit.
    The boy is living a sad miserable life. Cut's on himself all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyPigeon
    Probably because I have 2 mentally retarded children of my own and know dozens more through school associations and Special Olympics, this story brings me to tears.

Mentally retarded people misused by "friends" is a sad and often disgusting fact of life. I wish I could say it was the first time I've dissolved into tears over similar situations. It's not.

I'm with you lovelypigeon, I have a intellectually impaired son (now 22 yrs old)
    and a physically impaired daughter (18 yrs old).

Do i trust the so called "Normal" society out there with my kids, NO WAY!
    The happenings in this story is not uncommon, children with disabilities are easy victims for any scum of the earth.

~aussieblue~

PS, strength to you lovelypigeon

Just my worth. Some days/posts thats real value, on others, I might need to give back change! IMO

Thanks, and strength to you, too, aussieblue.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyPigeon
    [B]But sources have told the Herald the mentally impaired teen was turning tricks at a local supermarket for between $5 and $30 and that another eighth-grade girl was arranging the trysts. * * *

Brockton school Superintendent Joseph Bage acknowledged the girl was performing sex acts after school but said there ``absolutely'' was no prostitution.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...=30777&format=

One would think that the superintendent of a school would know the definition of the word "prostitution." Money was exchanged for a sexual act - sounds like prostitution to me.