Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    Is this NG a rerun ?
    It was taped earlier today.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

in order to preserve evidence, would they just leave a body in its place to do forensics?

cause I dont think, if shes in there, that they will just pull her up out of there, makes me think the need for a second dumpster...Idk

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    I experienced the exact same thing when I lost my 26y/o son. I'm so sorry for your pain and your loss. Yes thank God, life does go on. It's been 3 1/2 years for us since we lost him and the initial pain is indescribable.
    mom... i'm sending you hugs and kisses, we have a son that's 26 years old. i don't know what i would do if he was no longer here. you are a very strong person to share with others...

Quote Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
    I called my husband at work and had him call another officer that works with cadaver dogs,they are trained to hit on aged dried blood,human decomp,decomp scent.They're trained with scent blocks,whatever,don't know what all that means,anyway.He started talking about scent pool and all this stuff,that I really didn't need to know.Ha
    Ha?????

I called my husband at work and had him call another officer that works with cadaver dogs,they are trained to hit on aged dried blood,human decomp,decomp scent.They're trained with scent blocks,whatever,don't know what all that means,anyway.He started talking about scent pool and all this stuff,that I really didn't need to know.Ha
    I know about hubbies and their expertise' mines an engineer.....never ask him about how something works......its godd for a minute, but after a bit of tmi.....(snore!) once I almost blacked out on him.

Ladders - clarificationS

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    Just a thought. Earlier it was said people were on ladders watching LE. I wonder if some were taping the search? And if so...what did they see.
    My bad. I was writing what I was seeing live on TV. The ladders were propped alongside, half in the dumpsters for LE, not neighbors or media. And no one was on them while I was watching.

The building in the background distracted me mid-thought, thought it was River Villas clubhouse [LE's field HQ 1st week or so.] Then heard it was the marina.

One other thing, WJXT was the station that mentioned the dumpster search coming from a tip from a neighbor. They are now reporting via CNN/HLN that is was "hit" by cadaver dogs.

Are there no media crews near there?
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by LFlorida View Post
    I was fortunate to have been adopted before I was 5 month old, so hopefully my aParents didn't have to try to un-do any past trauma, nor any separation problems.

You are a True American Hero in my book.

[yeah, I know I'm off-topic, but how wonderful to read about a happy story mid-thread.]
    we adopted our son when he was 3 but he was placed with us when he was 10 months old. we didnt have and past trauma

I just heard on NGrace that the dogs are trained to hit on scent that comes up to top of water,isn't that wierd?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    I'm sure they have pulled the media back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
    My local News 13 is saying that the 2nd dumpster is there, They are going through the bags from the 1st dumpster and then putting it in the 2nd dumpster
    Sprout, what city is that TV station out of? Orlando? Tampa? I don't think any Jax stations are airing anything now, but not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    One of two things has happened here:

1. LE has asked media to stop live coverage so as not to allow the public any view of Haleigh (should her body be in there, breaks my heart to even type that).

or 2. Media has called off live coverage and will broadcast again when and if LE makes any announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    I'm sure they have pulled the media back.
    ITA..no live links....makes me think they have something.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBLYN View Post
    i do not believe 1/4 of reporting anymore...These people(reporters) do not fact check!

Sumptens Up!
    (My bold)

You're giving them 70% more credit than I do.

I just heard on NGrace that the dogs are trained to hit on scent that comes up to top of water,isn't that wierd?
    No... the gas holding the scent will rise as a bubble and then spread on the surface when it hits the top.

I can't believe they didn't drag NG back to the studio to redo her show tonight. This is too big to ignore and I hate being left hanging like this. It's like a sick feeling and I will be uneasy until I know. See, I thought from day 1 Caylee was no longer with us, but for some reason I have felt like Haleigh is alive. I guess my mind doesn't want to wander to the reality of this nasty world that two beautiful little girls are gone so tragically like this.

These dogs can locate remains buried over 20 years four feet deep and even drowning victims.

At least NG is asking pertinent questions, like why are they searching again after they searched this area 3x's already.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18805304/detail.html

Dogs could be alerted to something as small as a bandage to cover a bloody cut...
    This was from the dogs alert, not a tip, per a detective on the case.

Teresa always brings me to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by LFlorida View Post
    Sprout, what city is that TV station out of? Orlando? Tampa? I don't think any Jax stations are airing anything now, but not certain.
    Orlando. They have been reporting live at the scene every half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    No... the gas holding the scent will rise as a bubble and then spread on the surface when it hits the top.
    I think that's what she meant by the scent on top of the water.

That snippet they just played on NG from the Christmas video of Haleigh with the purple hat was precious.

These dogs can locate remains buried over 20 years four feet deep and even drowning victims.
    Simply amazing...

I understand how reliable cadaver dogs are, but it didn't appear that any of the officers smelled anything. I didn't notice any reaction like that. (I do realize some people triple bag to avoid that) That's why I'm still hopeful this will turn out not to be Haleigh. I know how strong the smell of decomposition can be and how long it can last.
    Prayers are with the families.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast