Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

IF they found a body, i wonder how long they'll wait to announce it? sure, it might take a while to positively ID her, but IF they found the body of a small child.......then we all know who it is. i can see the family being upset about it if LE waits a long time to make an announcement........
    bombshell? B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by my_tee_mouse View Post
    (My bold)

You're giving them 70% more credit than I do.
    95% more than I do. And if I hear one more CNN anchor refer to Crystal as bio mom or biological mom, I'm gonna scream.

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    ITA..no live links....makes me think they have something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
    One of two things has happened here:

1. LE has asked media to stop live coverage so as not to allow the public any view of Haleigh (should her body be in there, breaks my heart to even type that).

or 2. Media has called off live coverage and will broadcast again when and if LE makes any announcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    I'm sure they have pulled the media back.

Thanks. I'm just catching up and sick, sick, sick about this!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
    I just heard on NGrace that the dogs are trained to hit on scent that comes up to top of water,isn't that wierd?
    That is true. That is why I could not understand why they didn't use these dogs when they were searching for Caylee. Some can sniff into 3 or 4 feet of water.

Here is what was reported on the dogs that were sent out there to search for Haleigh today.

Police today are using teams of cadaver dogs to search areas near Cummings' home in Satsuma.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4209335.story

The canine teams are a part of Canine South, a non-law enforcement organization out of South Georgia that specializes in canine searches. The teams consist of cadaver dogs that specifically seek out human remains.

One of two things has happened here:

1. LE has asked media to stop live coverage so as not to allow the public any view of Haleigh (should her body be in there, breaks my heart to even type that).

or 2. Media has called off live coverage and will broadcast again when and if LE makes any announcements.
    I am going with number 1. If her body is in that dumpster and not in a bag then they are need to get the media out of there so that no one can see them removing her body.

If Haleigh is dead and her body is in there then we don't even know how long she has been dead for. I mean its only been what 18 days that she has been missing? If Misty didn't do this and someone else did then then the said person(not Misty) could have just recently killed the little girl and put her in there over the weekend hoping the trash would take her to a landfill. It could even be that she wasn't even put in a bag if she was just killed. Whoever did this could have just threw her in there. This could explain why they are just standing around and not moving anything. They could have found her burried under all that garabage unbagged.
    !~*Mar*~!

Quote Originally Posted by Law_girl41 View Post
    I know about hubbies and their expertise' mines an engineer.....never ask him about how something works......its godd for a minute, but after a bit of tmi.....(snore!) once I almost blacked out on him.
    Sorry off topic, Mine is the same way.
    Rest in Peace Little Caylee
    JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE

http://www.myspace.com/doyouknowme1977

Quote Originally Posted by kidz110 View Post
    I understand how reliable cadaver dogs are, but it didn't appear that any of the officers smelled anything. I didn't notice any reaction like that. (I do realize some people triple bag to avoid that) That's why I'm still hopeful this will turn out not to be Haleigh. I know how strong the smell of decomposition can be and how long it can last.
    Prayers are with the families.
    Is it possible LE had used that odor disguising gel prior to starting their search (the one worn above the upper lip?). Most garbage can be pretty foul. I don't wonder if they put some of that on before beginning their search.

95% more than I do. And if I hear one more CNN anchor refer to Crystal as bio mom or biological mom, I'm gonna scream.
    I think they are just emphasizing Haleigh's mom versus Crystals mom, Ron's mom, etc.

I understand how reliable cadaver dogs are, but it didn't appear that any of the officers smelled anything. I didn't notice any reaction like that. (I do realize some people triple bag to avoid that) That's why I'm still hopeful this will turn out not to be Haleigh. I know how strong the smell of decomposition can be and how long it can last.
    Prayers are with the families.
    I can't imagine what they are going through right now, just waiting to hear, not knowing anything, I hope they have a lot of love and support surrounding them.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

The media was saying how the dumpster was hidden behind the tall fence - and something about not searching there, they didn't know it was there or something. Sorry I'm not being more accurate as to what I remember.
    ----
    "Though I am often in the depths of misery, there is still calmness, pure harmony and music inside me..." - Van Gogh :nluv:

Quote Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
    When we used to live in Spotsylvania,one our friends worked for the Sheriffs Dept,he trained this little dog in classes.It was just a little mutt dog and was so good at tracking,it became one of the best little tracking dogs they had.IT wasn't a cadaver dog,just used in search and rescue.I think he got it in a shelter or someone gave it to him,can't remember.
    I watched a program on how a dog was adopted from a shelter and taught to be a search dog. They described the dogs that love toys are the best one's to train.

Quote Originally Posted by sha-sha View Post
    And what about Ron's weird comment about Taking out the trash when it's time...
    Mmmm Hmmmmm I brought it up again a couple days ago and ya'll poo-poo'd it.... I still dont think he was talking about getting even with the "trash" who did this.
    My opinion is just that...my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by kellync View Post
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/18805304/detail.html

Dogs could be alerted to something as small as a bandage to cover a bloody cut...
    This was from the dogs alert, not a tip, per a detective on the case.
    Do we know what kind of dog hit on the dumpster? Cadaver or Search? That comment about the bandage is a little misleading. A cadaver dog would only hit on blood that came from a cadaver. Search dogs are trained in human scent. At least that is my understanding from the info that came through on Caylee's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    I can't imagine what they are going through right now, just waiting to hear, not knowing anything, I hope they have a lot of love and support surrounding them.
    Me too Lovejac..As critical of them all as I have been, right now my heart aches for them all..
    I hope we hear something soon..
    Justice For Caylee Marie

Oh,that's sad,TN said RC can't take anymore beating,he came out the day before yesterday at a presser.You'd just have to shoot me,I couldn't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by blubuni99 View Post
    The media was saying how the dumpster was hidden behind the tall fence - and something about not searching there, they didn't know it was there or something. Sorry I'm not being more accurate as to what I remember.
    I can't imagine that's the truth. LE did circumference searches from the trailer, didn't they?

And if it is true, shame on LE- but somehow I don't think it is.

I don't think they found her. But what I find odd is how much attention LE is giving this dumpster. If there wasn't anything in the dumpster, why do they have so many people there going over the dumpster. However, it struck me as odd the way they were just throwing the trash bags around. So I'm hoping that they didn't find anything.

Is it possible LE had used that odor disguising gel prior to starting their search (the one worn above the upper lip?). Most garbage can be pretty foul. I don't wonder if they put some of that on before beginning their search.
    Had never heard of that, Disguiseduser. I guess thay could have.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Do we know what kind of dog hit on the dumpster? Cadaver or Search? That comment about the bandage is a little misleading. A cadaver dog would only hit on blood that came from a cadaver. Search dogs are trained in human scent. At least that is my understanding from the info that came through on Caylee's case.
    Cadaver dogs were out today.

It was reported they were cadaver dogs out there today. I will try and find the link again if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post

My local station..13 CFNews 13...is showing a live shot of the scene They are sifting through brush from the dumpster with a bulldozer type machine.

Quote Originally Posted by samsmom02 View Post
    I watched a program on how a dog was adopted from a shelter and taught to be a search dog. They described the dogs that love toys are the best one's to train.
    I know,it was so playful,good with his kids,just had that hound in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    I can't imagine watching it all unfold on tv.

Had never heard of that, Disguiseduser. I guess thay could have.
    I don't know what it's called but I know there some kind of gel/lotion or whatever you wanna call it that disguises odors. Maybe someone else here knows the actual name of it and whether or not it's used commonly in searches like this.

Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308
    Mentholatum
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast