MO MO - David Cook, 55, Passaic, 19 Nov 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
30 Jan 09

The family of a man who has been missing since November has taken the step of auctioning off his farm equipment.

David Cook was last seen about Nov. 19 and his siblings have decided it was time to make the move.

and

There is an $80,000 reward being offered in the case. Anyone with information should call the Crime Stoppers TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.

more at link

no pick at link

Another link: http://www.kctv5.com/news/18608141/detail.html

30 Jan 09

On the morning of Nov. 19, Cook told a friend he had an appointment to meet someone. He hasn't been heard from since.

When family and friends went to his house, his pickup truck was sitting in the driveway and his wallet was inside the house. The only things missing were his cell phone and glasses.

They immediately began searching the large rural area around the house without success. From the beginning, his family has suspected foul play. They said he's not the kind to disappear on his own.

"He had no reason to. He had a lot going for him," said Judy Transue, his sister.

Transue said he has a daughter in college and lots of friends. He loved caring for the animals, including cattle and buffalo, on the large range where he worked.

"He would walk up to them and feed them. He took great pride in that, of how he tamed them and how he could get them to do that," Transue said.
more at link

pic

Another link: http://www.kctv5.com/news/18033897/detail.html

24 Nov 90

info at link

better pic

High-tech help will continue to help in the search for missing Bates County rancher David Cook.

Last week, the Texas group Equusearch arrived to help in the search for the man who's been missing for nine months. This week, the group will launch unmanned drones over Cook's ranch hoping to spot something that will lead them to him.

Cook's family think he died under violent circumstances. Before he went missing, someone stole 100 head of cattle off his ranch.

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-missing-rancher-david-cook-080709,0,7184990.story

http://www.finddavidcook.com/

New Reward $50,000/$50,000
$50,000 Reward for information leading to the recovery of David Cook.

$50,000 Reward
for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the disappearance of David Cook.

This reward offer revokes all previous reward offers related to the David Cook missing person case. 2/19/10

bcb1b93a-2f67-438d-bd4f-bd88dd9fe2dc_zps1db214ae.gif

http://921news.com/N19621530/news/six-years-missing-still-no-answers/

Many speculations have arisen over the years, but there have been no definitive answers as to what happened to 56-year-old David Cook on November 19th.

David was a full time rancher in addition to being a 34-year employee at the KCPL generating plant in LaCygne, Kansas. Statements in 2008 report it was a day like any other as David left for work at the power plant on November 18th around 10:30pm and that was the last reliable sighting of Cook before his mysterious disappearance. It was reported he met with one of his employees around 7am on November 19th and checked on a herd of cattle. David supposedly drove home on a four-wheeler.

Later on November 19th, David missed a scheduled meeting with several of his business partners and did not show up for work at the power plant.

David Clem Cook

david_clem_cook_1.jpg david_clem_cook_2.jpg
Cook, circa 2008
  • Missing Since -11/18/2008
  • Missing From - Amsterdam, Missouri
  • Classification -Endangered Missing
  • Sex - Male
  • Race -White
  • Date of Birth - 12/21/1952 (68)
  • Age - 55 years old
  • Height and Weight - 6'0, 200 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics - Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Cook wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Cook was last seen on November 18, 2008 in Amsterdam, Missouri. He left his job at the Kansas City Power & Light Plant at 10:30 p.m.

In addition to his work at the power plant, Cook also managed an large cattle ranch with over 1,000 head of cattle. Authorities believe that on the morning of November 19, at 7:00 a.m., he met with one of his ranch hands.

The employee stated he and Cook checked on some cattle a few miles from Cook's home, then Cook rode away on his four-wheeler. Later that day, he missed a scheduled meeting with one of his business partners. He has never been heard from again. Police stated they didn't consider the ranch hand to be a wholly reliable witness.

After Cook's disappearance, both his vehicles were found at his home near Amsterdam, Missouri. His wallet was inside the residence, which was in order with no indications of forced entry or foul play.

Cook's cellular phone hasn't been used since his disappearance, which is uncharacteristic of him; he would always answer the phone, no matter what he was doing. His phone, eyeglasses and money clip disappeared with him.

Cook is an avid outdoorsman. He is divorced, but he was on good terms with his ex-wife, and he wasn't involved with drugs, alcohol or gambling. He grew up in Ballard, Missouri, the oldest of seven siblings, and he has one daughter. He was a prominent figure in his community prior to his disappearance, and was known as a reliable man and a hard worker.

It's uncharacteristic of Cook to miss work or to be out of touch with his loved ones, and he wasn't having any personal problems when he went missing. Foul play is suspected in his disappearance, which remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
Bates County Sheriff's Department 660-679-3232

David Clem Cook – The Charley Project

Hard to believe that there still has been no resolution with this case. I've always wondered why they labeled the ranch hand's story of events and him as unreliable. I would love to start looking at this one again.

May 16 '22
''Because he lived his whole life in and around rural Bates County, he knew everybody. His sister’s long-time fear is that whatever happened to Cook was pulled off by someone familiar to him.

"It's the betrayal. If it had been random, it would be different. But my belief that it was someone he knew, just, you know, the betrayal. I can't imagine what that was like for him," Transue said.

She holds no illusions that her brother is still alive. The drive she had to find Cook in the years immediately after he vanished has eased off. The pictures no longer elicit as much pain. But, Questions and a desire to know what happened have never gone away.

"It also kind of makes me think, 'What else can I do? What else can we check? Who else haven't we talked to?" Transue said.

Finding him, of course, would bring closure and perhaps some justice. It would finally fill in the puzzle with all of its pieces.

If you have a tip, call the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the Bates County Sheriff or leave an anonymous tip with the Crimestoppers tips hotline''

May 16 '22
''Because he lived his whole life in and around rural Bates County, he knew everybody. His sister’s long-time fear is that whatever happened to Cook was pulled off by someone familiar to him.

"It's the betrayal. If it had been random, it would be different. But my belief that it was someone he knew, just, you know, the betrayal. I can't imagine what that was like for him," Transue said.

She holds no illusions that her brother is still alive. The drive she had to find Cook in the years immediately after he vanished has eased off. The pictures no longer elicit as much pain. But, Questions and a desire to know what happened have never gone away.

"It also kind of makes me think, 'What else can I do? What else can we check? Who else haven't we talked to?" Transue said.

Finding him, of course, would bring closure and perhaps some justice. It would finally fill in the puzzle with all of its pieces.

If you have a tip, call the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the Bates County Sheriff or leave an anonymous tip with the Crimestoppers tips hotline''
Thanks for posting this. I am friends with his daughter and I just wish more was being done, but I guess this is a start. This would probably be a good case for the Missouri Cold Case Squad, because the original investigation was a joke.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back