Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Grim Sleeper. Update: Arrest in the Grim Sleeper Case!

Looking at each of those photo's last night was chilling...to think possibly each one of those women may have had no clue as their pictures were taken what would happen next.

The pictures of the few who had their eyes shut as if asleep gave me chills thinking if these were taken of them indeed asleep, drugged or dead.

My heart goes out to the families of any of those women who may have fallen victim to this beast...but, at least they will finally have some closure.

Personally, I'm not sure if discovering what their loved one's final fate actually was would be a closure but, actually the beginning to have to deal with their loss all over again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to miabellamoure For This Useful Post:

'Grim Sleeper' photos: Five women tentatively identified as tips flood into LAPD

LA Times
    December 17, 2010 | 12:19 pm

They keep updating:

"The Los Angeles Police Department has tentatively identified five of the scores of woman whose photos were found in the possession of the "Grim Sleeper" serial killer suspect, according to Los Angeles Police Department Chief Charlie Beck.

"I cannot give you an update on their well-being or status," Beck said, adding officers were trying to locate the women. He said tentative identifications were based on tips from the public.

The department has received hundreds of calls and e-mails since it released the photos to the public on Thursday. Beck said the photos have received at least 8 million page views on various media and law enforcement websites."

more...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

Grim Sleeper suspect's attorney criticizes LAPD for releasing photos of women

December 18, 2010 | 8:14 am

Louisa Pensanti, the attorney for Lonnie Franklin Jr criticized Los Angeles police for releasing scores of photos of women found in Franklin's possession. She says they are not part of discovery in the case against him and that some of the photos are of his family and friends.

""The photographs include members and friends of the Franklin family, all now subject to the intense scrutiny of the public as well as the police," she wrote.

An LAPD source told The Times that detectives had asked Franklin's family to review the photos before they were publicly released so that ones of his family and friends could be removed. But the source said officials got not no reply to their requests. It's unclear whether Pensanti has now asked that any photos specifically be removed."

There is more ...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Grim Sleeper suspect's attorney criticizes LAPD for releasing photos of women

December 18, 2010 | 8:14 am

Louisa Pensanti, the attorney for Lonnie Franklin Jr criticized Los Angeles police for releasing scores of photos of women found in Franklin's possession. She says they are not part of discovery in the case against him and that some of the photos are of his family and friends.

""The photographs include members and friends of the Franklin family, all now subject to the intense scrutiny of the public as well as the police," she wrote.

An LAPD source told The Times that detectives had asked Franklin's family to review the photos before they were publicly released so that ones of his family and friends could be removed. But the source said officials got not no reply to their requests. It's unclear whether Pensanti has now asked that any photos specifically be removed."

There is more ...
    Well, them it seems to me that if Franklin's family & friends are upset...then they should address that with the beast not LE...sheesh!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to miabellamoure For This Useful Post:

In fairness, it is the lawyer for the accused speaking, and not specifically the family and friends. The attorney is doing her job, looking out for her client, protecting his right to a fair trial.

Nowhere in the article does it say that the family and friends are upset. They might be, but it doesn't say that.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

This makes me wonder what other areas of the country the Grim Sleeper has visited. We know he has lived in SoCal for years, but do we know where he vacations, travels, etc.

If his whereabouts can be traced beyond LA, it would not surprise me if he can be traced to abductions and missing persons in other areas of the country.

I have tried searching the web for articles, but haven't found any yet.
    Last edited by Mountain Mama; 12-21-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: clarification
    Choose Kindness

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mountain Mama For This Useful Post:

As awful as the pictures are, I am glad people can see and ID them.
    If I had been searching for a loved one, this would help me know if she was his victim or not.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

If I was his attorney I might be more disturbed about the release of the photos that are not family and friends since there is a chance they could be identified as further victims. I imagine it's difficult enough to defend someone for ten murders.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Hello,

I am producing "Dancing with Rip" the first movie inspired by the Grim Sleeper, and i would like to be in touch with anyone out there interested in the case.

The facebook page for the film is

http://www.facebook.com/Dancingwithrip

Please stop by there and take a look at our concept pictures and trailer.

Let's also start the discussion about the film here! I look forward to hearing from you.

Les Mahoney
    Producer, "Dancing with Rip

http://www.scpr.org/blogs/news/2012/...m-sleeper-cas/

August 30 2012
    It looks like court proceedings for Lonnie Franklin, the man accused of being the South Los Angeles "Grim Sleeper" serial killer, will be slow. In what was sure to be one of many pretrial hearings Thursday, defense attorneys reported they're hiring an independent analyst to look at ballistic evidence in the case.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...usaolp00000003

more photos released - LE trying to identify women in photos found in his possession

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan...dence-20140107
    January 07, 2014|By Paresh Dave
    A judge on Tuesday ruled that DNA evidence that led to alleged Grim Sleeper serial killer Lonnie Franklin Jr. was lawfully obtained via plates and utensils seized by a police officer who posed as a restaurant busboy.

Appearing on the stand for the first time, Franklin testified that he was attending a birthday party that day in July 2010 at John's Incredible Pizza in Buena Park with one of his employees and her three daughters when the DNA evidence was gathered.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Looks like Franklin's trial is scheduled for this summer.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Harmony2 For This Useful Post:

http://www.laweekly.com/2014-03-14/n...-murder-trial/

seems the summer trial date may be a bit optimistic

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    The title is misleading and the whole article is confusing. Chester Turner is not the Grim Sleeper.

Former mechanic Lonnie Franklin Jr. has pleaded not guilty to 10 so-called “Grim Sleeper” killings and the attempted murder of another woman that took place between 1985 and 2007.
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/...-4-more-women/

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Harmony2 For This Useful Post:

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harmony2 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345