876 users online (119 members and 757 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 229
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SO CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    11,332

    Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home #2

    * * * Please stay ON TOPIC of this thread title * * *

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Bringing this over because while I was answering thread was locked before I could post

    Quote Originally Posted by suzannec4444 View Post
    I have heard of Brian Selzer and his dog Eli.Very good reviews.Was this dog Eli one of the dogs that made the hit? Media has not identified which dogs and/or which of the dog trainers alerted
    If this was the dog that made the hit.I strongly believe something was there.Did some one say the dumpster had things in it from a contruction site?It was described a construction type dumpster, from what I saw last night it was a rather large open topped dumpster (like a huge bin)Did I hear right a nursing home[COLOR="Red"]?[COLOR="Red"]As far as I know that was speculation by posters and not verfied.Maybe the dogs smelled something if some one died from that nursing home and things were put in the dumpster or it could be from Haleigh.I just don't know.Are they saying any thing new about what happened today with the search and the dogs?All that has been reported is that dogs will be out searching again today.
    My responses suzannec4444 are in red.
    Last edited by Kat; 02-27-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: one of my responses was not red
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,119
    I was watching the video when the thread got locked. And that video didn't show me much. It's 7 minutes long, but worth watching. My quesion is why keep the dogs on a chain? Heck, if you can't keep up..... then don't do a cadaver search.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disarray
    Posts
    6,799
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlurken View Post
    I was watching the video when the thread got locked. And that video didn't show me much. It's 7 minutes long, but worth watching. My quesion is why keep the dogs on a chain? Heck, if you can't keep up..... then don't do a cadaver search.
    That was what I was wondering. There was a dog who clearly was interested in something to the side of the road and the handler just kept walking straight. I was wondering if that was for real? For show? Were they going to a specific spot and were ignoring that spot? Was there a bird? A ball?
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    I'm not locating any nursing homes in Satsuma.

    ETA: Searching because it was speculated that the items in the dumpster could have been from nursing home.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby207 View Post
    That was what I was wondering. There was a dog who clearly was interested in something to the side of the road and the handler just kept walking straight. I was wondering if that was for real? For show? Were they going to a specific spot and were ignoring that spot? Was there a bird? A ball?
    And she kept reeling him in. So much for that group.

    As we said on the other thread, a dog is only as good as their handler.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I'm not locating any nursing homes in Satsuma.

    ETA: Searching because it was speculated that the items in the dumpster could have been from nursing home.
    I'm still trying to figure out what items. A dog supposedly hit there. I should put supposedly in BOLD.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,761
    I trust the dogs. LE may have specified to their handlers where to direct the search.
    Since they hit on the dock and the dumpster, i had been thinking maybe something used to conceal a corpse was thrown in the dumpster after the dock, etc.
    I don't doubt their noses, a corpse was in that dumpster at some point, whether or not related to this case.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,300
    I wonder where the dogs were searching today.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlurken View Post
    I was watching the video when the thread got locked. And that video didn't show me much. It's 7 minutes long, but worth watching. My quesion is why keep the dogs on a chain? Heck, if you can't keep up..... then don't do a cadaver search.
    Keeping the dog under control is more for the safty of the dog. It is also the way some dogs are trained. For example, when I train a service dog and I put on his cape....he KNOWS it's work time vs play time. A search dog may end up in a very unsafe area.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    I trust the dogs. LE may have specified to their handlers where to direct the search.
    Since they hit on the dock and the dumpster, i had been thinking maybe something used to conceal a corpse was thrown in the dumpster after the dock, etc.
    I don't doubt their noses, a corpse was in that dumpster at some point, whether or not related to this case.
    I agree, three dogs and handlers. Make no mistake something was there at some point.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Coffeyville, KS
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
    I wonder where the dogs were searching today.
    I was just thinking this myself. I haven't really heard anything about the search they were going to conduct today. Everything I'm hearing on television is about the search yesterday. I personally thought it was kind of odd that the media was all over yesterday's search, especially after the search of the dumpster was underway, but yet today we are hearing nothing about it!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkyPoo View Post
    Keeping the dog under control is more for the safty of the dog. It is also the way some dogs are trained. For example, when I train a service dog and I put on his cape....he KNOWS it's work time vs play time. A search dog may end up in a very unsafe area.
    Rescue and Recovery dogs are not chained. They do put boots on them to protect their feet though. Think of a building collapsing and you may understand where I'm coming from.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlurken View Post
    And she kept reeling him in. So much for that group.

    As we said on the other thread, a dog is only as good as their handler.
    The dog being "interested" in something is different then a "hit". The handler would know the by the reaction of the dog if it was a "hit" or some other intersting smell to the dog. The dog only "hits" on decomp. Remember, for the dog, this is one big game.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,761
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlurken View Post
    And she kept reeling him in. So much for that group.

    As we said on the other thread, a dog is only as good as their handler.
    I really don't think we should judge the dog handlers, unless we have full knowledge of the training and actual individual dogs themselves. Every dog is different and their handlers know them inside and out.. imo

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Steven Powell's former home to be searched by cadaver dogs
    By Kimster in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 04:34 PM
  2. Cadaver Dogs, Search Dogs, K9 Units
    By Friptzap in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 07:33 AM
  3. Cadaver And Tracking Dogs
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Annie Le
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 03:47 PM
  4. Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home
    By WillenFan21 in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 936
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 02:51 PM

Tags for this Thread