854 users online (108 members and 746 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 167 of 169 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2525
    Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    My daughter got kicked out of a now ex-friend's car the week before Autumn Pasquale went missing. The dude kicked her out on a dark street right before the park Autumn was supposedly last seen at. To top it off, her cell didn't get good service there and her battery was almost dead. All I heard her say was one road and part of another before it went dead. I went to Google maps to figure out which road I should go to and got lucky because the part I heard is used in a few street names here.
    That's really harsh and a ridiculous thing to do. I hope my daughter doesn't get any "friends" like that later
    I liked it. I was good at it. It made me feel alive.

searchingforanna.net & searchingforanna.info
    Anna Christian Waters' new websites.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1980 View Post
    "Kathy" - if you compare her photo with the post-mortems, you can see they are different people.
    I totally agree...Maybe my eyes for this things are not good enough, where I really think CarlsK's are, from the beginning I didn't see it....and still I don't see Kathy in this Jane Doe. Looking at the horrific post mortem picture....IMO she is a much "darker" kind of girl type...
    Still believe in the human race.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vivette View Post
    That's really harsh and a ridiculous thing to do. I hope my daughter doesn't get any "friends" like that later
    I really don't hope your daughter has to deal with this for sure. Another scenario: what if she got fed up and said...stop the car...I want to get out...leave me alone...

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    Kathy. I don't think shes in any way related.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1980 View Post
    We've chased Kathy up a dead end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bit of hope View Post
    I totally agree...Maybe my eyes for this things are not good enough, where I really think CarlsK's are, from the beginning I didn't see it....and still I don't see Kathy in this Jane Doe. Looking at the horrific post mortem picture....IMO she is a much "darker" kind of girl type...
    I have been saying for a while that "Kathy" is more likely not WCJD. But I am not going to summarily rule her out based on facial resemblance.

Her nose and brow structure are spot-on to WCJD. In other areas where the resemblance doesn't look quite right, we are comparing to a badly beaten and swollen face. WCJD's jaw was slacked, and Kathy's isn't. WCJD's lips were swollen from the beating, and her lower lip sagged down over her chin, so it is not clear how full her lips were without the injuries. Chin structure can be very deceptive when looking at a postmortem photo.

Someone came on one of the facebook pages yesterday with a graphic illustration using side-by-sides with lines drawn across the eyes, nose, etc. to supposedly prove that Kathy wasn't WCJD. The trouble with that was that the two pics weren't similarly oriented. The angles from which the two photos were taken were dissimilar both vertically and horizontally. The photo of Kathy shows her face slightly turned to her left (viewer's right). The photos of WCJD show her face turned to her right (viewer's left). Since faces aren't perfectly symmetrical, a side-by-side comparison of two halves of the face is based on invalid premises, especially since the forward tilt of their faces are also different.

I could take two different photos of my own face taken from the same dissimilar angles, and draw horizontal lines across my eyes, nose, and mouth, and supposedly "prove" that I am not me.

If you don't believe me, try to take a photo of the left half of your face, and then mirror it so that it looks like the right-half, and then put the two halves together. You will probably be surprised at how strange it looks.

sounds like a Robert Ben Rhoads victim.

As I keep saying, can we please try not to pin WCJD to a famous killer as it's much more likely that she was killed by a nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I have been saying for a while that "Kathy" is more likely not WCJD. But I am not going to summarily rule her out based on facial resemblance.

Her nose and brow structure are spot-on to WCJD. In other areas where the resemblance doesn't look quite right, we are comparing to a badly beaten and swollen face. WCJD's jaw was slacked, and Kathy's isn't. WCJD's lips were swollen from the beating, and her lower lip sagged down over her chin, so it is not clear how full her lips were without the injuries. Chin structure can be very deceptive when looking at a postmortem photo.

Someone came on one of the facebook pages yesterday with a graphic illustration using side-by-sides with lines drawn across the eyes, nose, etc. to supposedly prove that Kathy wasn't WCJD. The trouble with that was that the two pics weren't similarly oriented. The angles from which the two photos were taken were dissimilar both vertically and horizontally. The photo of Kathy shows her face slightly turned to her left (viewer's right). The photos of WCJD show her face turned to her right (viewer's left). Since faces aren't perfectly symmetrical, a side-by-side comparison of two halves of the face is based on invalid premises, especially since the forward tilt of their faces are also different.

I could take two different photos of my own face taken from the same dissimilar angles, and draw horizontal lines across my eyes, nose, and mouth, and supposedly "prove" that I am not me.

If you don't believe me, try to take a photo of the left half of your face, and then mirror it so that it looks like the right-half, and then put the two halves together. You will probably be surprised at how strange it looks.
    Very true. Even if you take a photo of your whole face and then flip the picture, put the two side by side.. it looks different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you. The two halves of my face are quit different, like most people's faces. A perfect symmetrical face would be either very beautiful, boring or strange. I once saw a You-tube video with just a face that was illuminated in different ways and with different colors and it changed dramatically all the time.

Going by statistics of what happened to female runaways, "Kathy" probably met a sticky end even if she isn't WCJD.

I was going over the list of persons executed in Texas in the 1980's whom WCJD might have been trying to visit.

http://www.historicalcrimedetective....inkerton-1979/

Jay Kelly Pinkerton seems like an interesting case. In October 1980, Pinkerton was on trial for two homicides in Amarillo (for which he was ultimately executed in 1986). He was arrested in October of 1979, and spent six months in the Randall County (i.e., Amarillo) jail, before being transferred to Nueces County (i.e., Corpus Cristi) for trial. The change of venue was due to the local publicity in his case.

Pinkerton was born in 1963, and was 17 years old at the time of the murders. He was a good-looking kid, and would have been maybe a year or two older than WCJD.

Though I don't think he was being held at Ellis prior to his conviction in 1981, she might have presumed he was at Ellis because he was being charged with a capital offense at the time of his trial.

Maybe a long-shot. But perhaps she was a "groupie" type who was fascinated with him and wanted to meet him. If she was following news of his trial in Corpus Cristi, she might have been familiar with the nearby communities of Aransas Pass/Rockport.

I was going over the list of persons executed in Texas in the 1980's whom WCJD might have been trying to visit.

http://www.historicalcrimedetective....inkerton-1979/

Jay Kelly Pinkerton seems like an interesting case. In October 1980, Pinkerton was on trial for two homicides in Amarillo (for which he was ultimately executed in 1986). He was arrested in October of 1979, and spent six months in the Randall County (i.e., Amarillo) jail, before being transferred to Nueces County (i.e., Corpus Cristi) for trial. The change of venue was due to the local publicity in his case.

Pinkerton was born in 1963, and was 17 years old at the time of the murders. He was a good-looking kid, and would have been maybe a year or two older than WCJD.

Though I don't think he was being held at Ellis prior to his conviction in 1981, she might have presumed he was at Ellis because he was being charged with a capital offense at the time of his trial.

Maybe a long-shot. But perhaps she was a "groupie" type who was fascinated with him and wanted to meet him. If she was following news of his trial in Corpus Cristi, she might have been familiar with the nearby communities of Aransas Pass/Rockport.
    Could they have been related?
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    Could they have been related?
    That is a good point. She could have been visiting a brother or a cousin. Both estranged from family. If not though, like Carl was saying there are weird obsessions with people and criminals. People marry serial killers behind bars, there must be some psychological explanation. The "bad boy" attraction.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    Who Killed Bryan Smith?

Say hello 2 heaven Chris Cornell

we are so used to the Internet in 2017, it's easy to forget that WCJD would have relied on slow mail and magazines for her interests and fan clubs. I was a six month old baby when WCJD was killed so i don't know her world.

Eleven months later, he was put on trial for the murder of Sherry Welch after bite marks found on her breasts were matched to dental impressions taken from Pinkerton. Isn't that a weird coincidence? http://www.historicalcrimedetective....inkerton-1979/

For the record; Pinkerton was arrested on Sept. 26, 1980, so he couldn't have killed WCJD.