1528 users online (290 members and 1238 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Teresa Byers?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/427dftx.html

She is in CODIS...

I did ask Christine the question about CODIS and she responded that, if a missing person's DNA is in CODIS and a UID's DNA is also in CODIS, they are in all probability not a match...she said they are "run and re-run".

Thanks to Christine for answering this!

Maybe someone should edit the title of this thread to warn for the post-mortem photo.

Speaking of the photo, does her hair look wavy/curly or is that just her layered haircut? I believe you had to have some layers in your hair to pull off the Seventies/Eighties "wing" style. Most of the missing girls look like they have naturally straight hair.

Is there a way to tell if a UID's hair has been permed or is naturally curly/wavy?

JaneInOz that looks like a post mortem or is it just a reconstruction?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    What do you think https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/946/18/

http://www.crimesolvers.com/crime/Remick%20missing.php

There were rumors that Marcia was in Florida @ the time , hitch hiking etc

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/227dfva.html

brown hair and green eyes which could be also mistaken for hazel if dull

It says on one place she has blonde hair too ! but its brown by the looks to me

Jane, Good find!...I think the ears look the same..

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

I will contact a mod and ask for it to be changed

(sorry)

ETA Done I just pm'd Animal

ETA 2 - thank you Animal

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterylover View Post
    Jane, Good find!...I think the ears look the same..
    Thanks ML - im not so convinced but Id like to see a frontal shot of the JD
    although I read that she was severely beaten causing her right eye to be swollen up so maybe thats why its only that profile view

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Maybe someone should edit the title of this thread to warn for the post-mortem photo.

Speaking of the photo, does her hair look wavy/curly or is that just her layered haircut? I believe you had to have some layers in your hair to pull off the Seventies/Eighties "wing" style. Most of the missing girls look like they have naturally straight hair.

Is there a way to tell if a UID's hair has been permed or is naturally curly/wavy?
    Id say looking at the PM pic that her hair was layered and she possible had that type of hair as in it goes curly when damp or wet.

They could have put something through her hair brushing it all back removing blood and so on before taking the photo.

The sketch that they did shows it was straighter

Who was the JD going to see at Ellis? I realize everyone there denied knowing her, but she had to be going to see someone there, right? She was pretty adament about getting directions etc. If there is a possibility that this could be Marcia, did she have a boyfriend that she went to Texas with from VA? Maybe her boyfriend was arrested and sent to Ellis and that is who she was going to see?

Is Ellis a local jail, state jail, or federal pen? Do they only house TX inmates?

ANother thing that is puzzling to me...if she was seen at 6:30 pm at night on Halloween, would she even have been allowed into the prison? Prisons usually have visiting hours, and I wonder how late those visiting hours would have been? I wonder if the prison has a visitors log showing who was supposed to receive visitors on a certain day. I was reading some info on a prisontalk web board, and it appears that now prisoners have to request visitor time, and they have to be scheduled in advance. I wonder if that was the case back in 1980? I also wonder if there was anyone in Ellis from Rockport, TX, where she said she was from?

I realize that there was no DNA testing in 1980, but would they have still swabbed the bite mark for saliva?

Was anyone ever arrested in this case? I have not been able to shake the details of what happened to her. It just breaks my heart how she suffered.

One of the things that concerns me, is that she was asking for directions and was either traveling on foot or accepted a ride from someone. Seeing as folks knew where she was headed, she became easy prey. Someone definitely needs to pay for this crime and I hope that individual has been caught.

We must find this girl's identity and family!

ETA: I just remembered reading that Ottis Toole was suspected of this awful murder. Have they matched his dental records to the bite yet?
    Last edited by Brains & NoBull; 03-02-2009 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Adding more info.

On the doe network profile they have the following statement.

"It is believed that Henry Lee Lucas killed this girl, but investigators could not make a match between the bite mark on her left shoulder and his dental reconstruction."

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky View Post
    On the doe network profile they have the following statement.

"It is believed that Henry Lee Lucas killed this girl, but investigators could not make a match between the bite mark on her left shoulder and his dental reconstruction."
    There must have been saliva taken from the bite mark-wonder if there is any evidence from her case in a cooler that is worth re-running for other profiles? I mean, now we can get DNA from epithelial cells...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

What I like about Rachel Garden is her nose, particularly the shape of her nostril...I think the Doe's is distinctive. Beyond that, NAMUS indicates the UID had three fillings and so did Rachel.

Here are the NAMUS dentals:
    https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=463...SC&from=search

Once you get to the site, look at the links on the left of the screen and click on dental
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

hmm maybe some of these young men she use to associate with went to Prison.

Anyone think this could be a possible match?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/14dftx.html

Lisa Jane Borden
    Missing since 1979 from Big Spring, Howard County, Texas.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: January 15, 1960
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 140 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Scar on left hand, as well as screws and metal in left hand from an injury sustained in an automobile accident.
    Fingerprints: Not available
    Dentals: Not available
    DNA: Pending (sample submitted in 2007)
    I choose to walk to path less travelled, and that has made all the difference

Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast