1288 users online (246 members and 1042 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,830

    WA - Mom gets 3 months jail for beating sex offender with bat

    TACOMA, Wash. A judge in the state of Washington has sentenced a mother to three months in jail for hitting a convicted sex offender with an aluminum baseball bat.
    Before her sentencing yesterday, Tammy Lee Gibson told the judge that laws were needed to keep convicted sexual predators away from children.
    The 40-year-old mother of two pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of third-degree assault in January.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,502608,00.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    TACOMA, Wash. — A judge in the state of Washington has sentenced a mother to three months in jail for hitting a convicted sex offender with an aluminum baseball bat.
    Before her sentencing yesterday, Tammy Lee Gibson told the judge that laws were needed to keep convicted sexual predators away from children.
    The 40-year-old mother of two pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of third-degree assault in January.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,502608,00.html
    But you are within your legal rights to shoot someone dead if they enter your property over there


    how messed up is that !!!

    I mean how much damage did she do to him ?

    HEre is antother article

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter...6981398&page=1

    He was a SO talking to her daugther !! The daughter said that HE Tried to give her fireworks


    The mother repeatedly hit his arm ..................

    I dont get it she goes to Jail for 3mths and someone kills someone with a GUN in their home and they get NO CHARGES

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,502
    They shoud have given her an award.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Yes she should get an award. Kudos to her, I bet that SO doesn't talk to her daughter again, and if he does he deserves what he gets from sheer stupidity.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Yes she should get an award. Kudos to her, I bet that SO doesn't talk to her daughter again, and if he does he deserves what he gets from sheer stupidity.
    No he wont

    He moved states after it happend

    Not just her child she protected but all the residents

    He was APPROACHING A MINOR - in my view he was NOT REFORMED - he deserved this.

    IF he had no thoughts of harming a minor again he would NEVER have approached any minors in any way

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    But you are within your legal rights to shoot someone dead if they enter your property over there


    how messed up is that !!!

    I mean how much damage did she do to him ?

    HEre is antother article

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter...6981398&page=1

    He was a SO talking to her daugther !! The daughter said that HE Tried to give her fireworks


    The mother repeatedly hit his arm ..................

    I dont get it she goes to Jail for 3mths and someone kills someone with a GUN in their home and they get NO CHARGES
    This is off topic so mods I will understand if you choose to delete this post.


    Jane I understand your outrage about our gun laws from your standpoint as a citizen of another country, it can seem arcane and lawless. I do aknowledge that.

    However, to understand what a complex issue it is we have to look at the fact that the interpretations of gun laws are based on the second amendment to our Constitution.

    The Constitution is the foundation of our country. The Second Amendment is a part of the Bill of Rights.

    It is the most contested, interpreted and reinterpreted code in the documents that outline the structure of our existence (USA).

    I do not completely understand much of it because it falls under constitutional law. A very serious matter. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights of our Country were created by our Founding Fathers and is a symbol of our quest for freedom and represents our culture.

    It is not an easy feat to undo what those men did over 200 years ago. I just wanted to try to explain to you exactly why gun laws here vary widely, but because it is a right defined in our Constitution under our Bill of Rights I do not see that a ban or law to restrict could not go unchallanged and stand.

    Regardless of my own thoughts as an American on our gun laws, we are a country that was established of the people, for the people, by the people (to quote my favorite Pres. A. Lincoln)
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    TACOMA, Wash. A judge in the state of Washington has sentenced a mother to three months in jail for hitting a convicted sex offender with an aluminum baseball bat.
    Before her sentencing yesterday, Tammy Lee Gibson told the judge that laws were needed to keep convicted sexual predators away from children.
    The 40-year-old mother of two pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of third-degree assault in January.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,502608,00.html

    I like her! She's got spunk! Anyone know where she's serving her 3 months? I'd love to write to her

    ( would be the very first time I wrote to someone behind bars)


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,741
    I would like to find out his NEW ADDRESS to keep an eye on him and write her a letter in jail, not tell her where he is, just let her know he is being properly registered and indeed following his rules of his criminal justice process.

    Maybe the people who feel sorry for CA might donate some funds to this woman so she may purchase some "goodies'"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I like her! She's got spunk! Anyone know where she's serving her 3 months? I'd love to write to her

    ( would be the very first time I wrote to someone behind bars)
    I agree Linda, if I had won the lottery I would have paid for her to have some high priced lawyers to beat the rap...she's a winner in my book and an inspiration!
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    the fourth knuckle of your left hand
    Posts
    187
    I'm no fan of sex offenders, by ANY means, however she went TO HIS HOUSE, and assaulted him. She saw fliers in the neighborhood, and SHE went to HIS house. I don't know if he really was talking to her daughter or not, but what happened to calling the police??

    Since one wants to compare this case to a homeowner using a weapon in their own home, when someone breaks in, why not make it comparable? What if her house MAY have been broken into, and she found someone who had a past conviction of burglary, and she went over to their house, and beat them with a baseball bat? Does that make any sense?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    TACOMA, Wash. A judge in the state of Washington has sentenced a mother to three months in jail for hitting a convicted sex offender with an aluminum baseball bat.
    Before her sentencing yesterday, Tammy Lee Gibson told the judge that laws were needed to keep convicted sexual predators away from children.
    The 40-year-old mother of two pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of third-degree assault in January.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,502608,00.html
    Hey, WR. Didn't we have a thread going on this a year or so ago when it happened - I thought we did, but I couldn't find it.

    Outside of the movies, I am not a fan of vigilante justice. I do not know how she thinks she is better able to keep her children safe from perceived threats while she is in jail.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    Quote Originally Posted by SoobsinMI View Post
    I'm no fan of sex offenders, by ANY means, however she went TO HIS HOUSE, and assaulted him. She saw fliers in the neighborhood, and SHE went to HIS house. I don't know if he really was talking to her daughter or not, but what happened to calling the police??

    Since one wants to compare this case to a homeowner using a weapon in their own home, when someone breaks in, why not make it comparable? What if her house MAY have been broken into, and she found someone who had a past conviction of burglary, and she went over to their house, and beat them with a baseball bat? Does that make any sense?

    This woman is unstable and was looking for trouble, IMHO. This case cannot rightly be compared to someone protecting their home against assault because she went looking for him.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by SoobsinMI View Post
    I'm no fan of sex offenders, by ANY means, however she went TO HIS HOUSE, and assaulted him. She saw fliers in the neighborhood, and SHE went to HIS house. I don't know if he really was talking to her daughter or not, but what happened to calling the police??

    Since one wants to compare this case to a homeowner using a weapon in their own home, when someone breaks in, why not make it comparable? What if her house MAY have been broken into, and she found someone who had a past conviction of burglary, and she went over to their house, and beat them with a baseball bat? Does that make any sense?
    Sorry Soobs. The justice system had their chance...the SOB talked to her kid. If he so much as LOOKED at mine I wouldn't hesitate to do the same.

    I can't make it comparable...we're not talking about "stuff," we're talking about a child, her baby.


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,522
    And im sorry but possesions and Children - no comparison

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    the fourth knuckle of your left hand
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Sorry Soobs. The justice system had their chance...the SOB talked to her kid. If he so much as LOOKED at mine I wouldn't hesitate to do the same.

    I can't make it comparable...we're not talking about "stuff," we're talking about a child, her baby.
    Well, I DO agree that the 2nd Amendment has nothing whatsoever to do with this case. Hopefully we won't have to debate it again.

    I am sort of shocked, however, to hear that you would beat someone with a baseball bat if they looked at your child. That's rather impetuous.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL - Orlando cop accused of beating up girlfriend will get out of jail
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM
  2. TN - TN/RI Sex Offender Gets Coded Letters In Jail From Brother
    By Filly in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 01:31 AM
  3. MN - Man gets 7 months for beating 5 children, leaving them scarred
    By BeanE in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 11:41 PM
  4. Sex Offender Called Children While In Jail
    By Casshew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 07:04 PM

Tags for this Thread