815 users online (133 members and 682 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Paul Harvey passed away today.

Paul Harvey Aurandt (September 4, 1918 - February 28, 2009), better known as Paul Harvey, was an American radio broadcaster for the ABC Radio Networks. He broadcasted News and Comment on weekday mornings and mid-days, and at noon on Saturdays, as well as his famous The Rest of the Story segments. His listening audience was estimated at 22 million people a week. Harvey liked to say he was raised in radio newsrooms.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Harvey

I just loved him. Lived to 89.
    Rest in peace Paul.
    And that is the rest of the story.

I loved him too Beyond Belief. Thank you for letting us know.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    Rest in peace Paul.
    Oh, I am so sorry to hear this, Beyond Belief! I just loved him as did my mother. Thanks for posting this.

Rest in Peace, Paul Harvey. My sympathies are with the Harvey family!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Wow, what a loss. I loved him as well as my whole family. RIP Paul.
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....

RIP Paul Harvey. Prayers to his family. He was a wonderful radio personality and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him.

Salem

I loved him too. He was always interesting to listen to and had many generations of fans.
    RIP Paul, we'll miss ya.
    Our condolences to the Harvey Family.

He will be missed! Such a voice of reason. God Bless RIP Paul Harvey!

Oh he really will be missed. I enjoyed listening to him on the radio very much!

A great voice is silenced. Sad day! RIP Mr. Harvey.

Oh no! I knew it was coming but Iam greatly saddened by this. My radio stations airs a lot of his shows and they are among the most popular of our programming. He had been doing less of them, but even still. This will leave a void for our listeners, as he is hard to replace, even by his son.

As someone said, a true voice of reason has been silenced. We need more of those, but there can be only one, Paul Harvey....good day!

R.I.P.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

RIP Paul Harvey! There will never be another voice such as yours..
    Justice For Caylee Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    Rest in peace Paul.
    Yea, Beyond Belief ;}

He had such an exceptional spirit, didn't he? Someone everyone could relate to, regular people to the movers and shakers.

He enriched my life I know. I always used to listen to him on the radio when I was first married. Him, Larry King and Garrison Keillor. All Giants among men.

ETA: Once, long ago listening to his show, he advertised a pencil sharpener. Can't remember which store it was - some big drug store like True Value. I bought one the next day.

I still have it 40 years later and in fact am looking at it sitting here on my desk. It is still shiny and works perfectly after all these years. ;}

XOX

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Yea, Beyond Belief ;}

He had such an exceptional spirit, didn't he? Someone everyone could relate to, regular people to the movers and shakers.

He enriched my life I know. I always used to listen to him on the radio when I was first married. Him, Larry King and Garrison Keillor. All Giants among men.

ETA: Once, long ago listening to his show, he advertised a pencil sharpener. Can't remember which store it was - some big drug store like True Value. I bought one the next day.

I still have it 40 years later and in fact am looking at it sitting here on my desk. It is still shiny and works perfectly after all these years. ;}

XOX
    He was so effective at selling items that it cost over $1 million to advertise a product on his show!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Anniegirl is offline Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
    Oh I listen to Paul since i was a little girl and loved him so ... RIP Paul - you will be missed .

DK- that is very interesting about the ads..wow ! Also, doesn't his son sometimes do his shows? My ex's radio station had him on every day at noon and 4 pm--- and i recall , i believe, his son(?) stepping it at times?

IN honor of Paul and how warm and welcome he could make you feel or smile with a story he knew just how to tell to make you go "wow"--- I say, to you all--- Good day .
    ~~~

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast