Paul Harvey passed away today.

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
Paul Harvey Aurandt (September 4, 1918 - February 28, 2009), better known as Paul Harvey, was an American radio broadcaster for the ABC Radio Networks. He broadcasted News and Comment on weekday mornings and mid-days, and at noon on Saturdays, as well as his famous The Rest of the Story segments. His listening audience was estimated at 22 million people a week. Harvey liked to say he was raised in radio newsrooms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Harvey

I just loved him. Lived to 89.
Rest in peace Paul.
And that is the rest of the story.

I loved him too Beyond Belief. Thank you for letting us know.

Rest in peace Paul.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this, Beyond Belief! I just loved him as did my mother. Thanks for posting this.

Rest in Peace, Paul Harvey. My sympathies are with the Harvey family!

Wow, what a loss. I loved him as well as my whole family. RIP Paul.

RIP Paul Harvey. Prayers to his family. He was a wonderful radio personality and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him.

Salem

I loved him too. He was always interesting to listen to and had many generations of fans.
RIP Paul, we'll miss ya.
Our condolences to the Harvey Family.

He will be missed! Such a voice of reason. God Bless RIP Paul Harvey!

Oh he really will be missed. I enjoyed listening to him on the radio very much!

A great voice is silenced. Sad day! RIP Mr. Harvey.

Oh no! :( I knew it was coming but Iam greatly saddened by this. My radio stations airs a lot of his shows and they are among the most popular of our programming. He had been doing less of them, but even still. This will leave a void for our listeners, as he is hard to replace, even by his son.

As someone said, a true voice of reason has been silenced. We need more of those, but there can be only one, Paul Harvey....good day!

R.I.P.

Rest in peace Paul.

Yea, Beyond Belief ;}

He had such an exceptional spirit, didn't he? Someone everyone could relate to, regular people to the movers and shakers.

He enriched my life I know. I always used to listen to him on the radio when I was first married. Him, Larry King and Garrison Keillor. All Giants among men.

ETA: Once, long ago listening to his show, he advertised a pencil sharpener. Can't remember which store it was - some big drug store like True Value. I bought one the next day.

I still have it 40 years later and in fact am looking at it sitting here on my desk. It is still shiny and works perfectly after all these years. ;}

XOX

Yea, Beyond Belief ;}

He had such an exceptional spirit, didn't he? Someone everyone could relate to, regular people to the movers and shakers.

He enriched my life I know. I always used to listen to him on the radio when I was first married. Him, Larry King and Garrison Keillor. All Giants among men.

ETA: Once, long ago listening to his show, he advertised a pencil sharpener. Can't remember which store it was - some big drug store like True Value. I bought one the next day.

I still have it 40 years later and in fact am looking at it sitting here on my desk. It is still shiny and works perfectly after all these years. ;}

XOX

He was so effective at selling items that it cost over $1 million to advertise a product on his show!

Oh I listen to Paul since i was a little girl and loved him so ... RIP Paul - you will be missed .

DK- that is very interesting about the ads..wow ! Also, doesn't his son sometimes do his shows? My ex's radio station had him on every day at noon and 4 pm--- and i recall , i believe, his son(?) stepping it at times?

IN honor of Paul and how warm and welcome he could make you feel or smile with a story he knew just how to tell to make you go "wow"--- I say, to you all--- Good day .

This is such sad news. I enjoyed listening to him...always something worth hearing and always uplifting. He will be sadly missed but we are better for having known him.

He was so effective at selling items that it cost over $1 million to advertise a product on his show!

Hi Dear Dark Knight, Yes, his voice was magic. And we all loved him anyway because of all his fascinating stories. And then here comes that last commercial, after which he would come back and tell the 'rest of the story'. And the listener would find himself saying, Oh Yea, and break out in a big smile. Many times I sat in my car waiting for that. Heck, it was always worth waiting for. LOL

I think it was ALL about who Paul Harvey was and what he projected as to why we listened so intently to his every word. Every story had a moral or kicker to it. And if HE thought the product was great, why it just had to be!

Just had to say Hi Anniegirl. Great to see you! ;}

Oh I listen to Paul since i was a little girl and loved him so ... RIP Paul - you will be missed .

DK- that is very interesting about the ads..wow ! Also, doesn't his son sometimes do his shows? My ex's radio station had him on every day at noon and 4 pm--- and i recall , i believe, his son(?) stepping it at times?

IN honor of Paul and how warm and welcome he could make you feel or smile with a story he knew just how to tell to make you go "wow"--- I say, to you all--- Good day .

Yes, Paul Harvey, Jr. has done some of his shows in recent years. He sounds a LOT like his dad! We carry his shows on my station and we are sort of up in the air as to what happens next. We won't know until his shows air today, I imagine.

And I agree, finding out who he was talking about at the end of The Rest of the Story was always worth waiting for. And his final funny story at the end of his regular show was always hilarious, lol.

Hi Dear Dark Knight, Yes, his voice was magic. And we all loved him anyway because of all his fascinating stories. And then here comes that last commercial, after which he would come back and tell the 'rest of the story'. And the listener would find himself saying, Oh Yea, and break out in a big smile. Many times I sat in my car waiting for that. Heck, it was always worth waiting for. LOL

I think it was ALL about who Paul Harvey was and what he projected as to why we listened so intently to his every word. Every story had a moral or kicker to it. And if HE thought the product was great, why it just had to be!

He always claimed he never advertised a product that he didn't personally trust or believe in. Now, a lot of pitchmen say that, of course, lol, but it wouldn't surprise me if he meant it. But, if he didn't, can't blame him for doing his job! Radio isn't a charity, he had to make money for ABC, lol.

At the end of my show last night I gave him a small tribute. He deserved that much, I felt.

I'm so sad about this. I loved listening to his show with My Mom when I was a kid. I heard a few when his son stepped in, and though he sounded kind of like him it just wasn't the same. I hope they will re-air old ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back