Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom'sGirl

Former Member
Reaction score
***NOTICE***​

Random names found on the Internet that have NOT been mentioned by the Media in connection to this case and posting their info. is OFF LIMITS! This includes links to random MySpace pages.

Family, Friends, or Locals in the Haleigh Cummings Case may want to check out our thead here in the Parking Lot.

I hate to be the first one on a new thread.
Oh well. I posted this on the Geraldo thread, but I am moving it here.

Does anyone think that it is possible that Crystal might have been pulling a child support scam on someone, possibly married or in a position of power, using Haleigh. She tells this guy that Haleigh could be his, and milks him for 5 years of child support. If it was a one night stand thing, he might not know that she doesn't have custody or have a chance to really see Haleigh to determine if she was his.
And if he were married or in a position of power, the threat of her taking him to court might be enough to keep him paying up without ever seeing a paternity test. If he were to find out that this kid is not his, she doesn't even have custody, any of that, who knows? I wouldn't put it past this unknown someone to take Haleigh as "payment" for five years of unde the table child support.
I do know a woman that tried this routine. When the guy she was scamming found out, murder would not have been out of the question on his part.
THis might even explain her demeanor, she knows who has Haleigh and she may think she knows the person well enough that she thinks they wouldn't hurt Haleigh. Or she might have already received a ransom demand, but not gone to the cops due the fact that she was extorting this person.
I don't know, it's late and I'm tired, and when this popped into my head, it almost felt right.

Does anybody know what time Crystal arrived in Satsuma after she was notified that Haleigh was missing? I had heard it was 7 hours but I can't find any confirmation anywhere.

Does anybody know what time Crystal arrived in Satsuma after she was notified that Haleigh was missing? I had heard it was 7 hours but I can't find any confirmation anywhere.

All I remember is she called her dad around 5 AM to send him to Ron's to see if they were pulling a prank on her about Haleigh being gone. So she wasn't down there yet.

Cajun -- I had read that Crystal was notified at about 3:40. I know she lives about 80 miles away and I was thinking at that time of morning traffic would be light so she could get there pretty quickly. That is why I was thrown off when I was told it took her 7 hours to get to Satsuma. It just didnt sit right with me but I can't find anything to confirm it...so far.

Cajun -- I had read that Crystal was notified at about 3:40. I know she lives about 80 miles away and I was thinking at that time of morning traffic would be light so she could get there pretty quickly. That is why I was thrown off when I was told it took her 7 hours to get to Satsuma. It just didnt sit right with me but I can't find anything to confirm it...so far.

It should have taken her an hour and a half at the most. I'm sure she had to get things together for the baby and get her mom up so she wouldn't have left right away. Why would someone play a prank like that...I find that odd...is that normal for them...I thought they don't even hardly talk much less play pranks on each other at 4am....ODD!

She should have gotten a ride from TN since she did 15 miles in 3 minutes...

The one thing that keeps in the back of my mind with all Crystals mud slinging is, she is basically clearing Misty. I dont know what to think about this point.

All I remember is she called her dad around 5 AM to send him to Ron's to see if they were pulling a prank on her about Haleigh being gone. So she wasn't down there yet.

She called her Dad over an hour later?That's odd.

I find the whole thing odd...if somebody called me and said my child was missing...well lets just say I would have been there in a new york second.

Howdy, I swear I heard her say on Greta that she was there in like 5 min. She said she got the call around 3:20 or something and flew down that road and was there almost right away.

Who knows:waitasec: It probably doesn't matter except her statement convoluted the issue. An hour trip is an hour trip, or close to it.

Does anyone have her exact arrival time?

I don't think it really matters as I don't think she had Haleigh kidnapped. It is way to extreme a measure for any discontent with Ron she might have had IMO.

Plus, she would automatically be high on the list of suspects being the mother, right? Makes no sense to me even though I find her a bit hard to stomach. She is a slow thinker, and it sends red flags up wondering why she doesn't just pop up with an answer if she is sincere.

Forget all she has done on her own. That doesn't impress me at all when I see her using her son as bait on TV to clarify an issue that could have put her in the hot seat. Nopey Nope.

She called her Dad over an hour later?That's odd.

I found that odd as well. When CS's father was talking in an interview about it (in the beginning) it was very clear that she waited an hour (hour and 10 minutes possibly), I replayed it several times to make sure. Since he lived in the area I would have thought that would have been her first thought, to have him go help look for her ASAP in case she'd just wandered away and was lost. I found the fact that Ron called his mom and g'ma while Misty was on the phone with 911 much more... normal (for lack of a better word).

I brought this over from Geraldo thread because it was closed when I hit post:

I did have a child missing. He was 12 and for an hour or more, he couldn't be found..actually, twice. Once he was at a friends house and we weren't able to reach them and they weren't answering the door. I called 911..my husband went over and opened the door to the home and they were downstairs and didn't hear the door or phone...
When he was about 14, we were on Mackinac Island with friend and he and a friend took a walk and we went through shops..we matched watches
and agreed to meet to go back across on the ferry at 3:30..by 4:00, I was in a sheer panic..I was begging a policeman to help me find my son..he was telling me they'd never lost anyone on the island..He strolled back about
6:00...they had got lost. I was beyond scared...and I didn't cuss anyone out...I just was scared senseless. Actually, my husband was the one who gave him permission to go for the walk. I knew he wasn't responsible for them not being back..
I know what it feels like to be beyond panic..I've heard a shotgun go off in a room my father had my mother locked in..I was so sure he'd killed her. I was 10. I have PTSD...I know fear and I know how I personally react.
I'm not a name caller..it's just not my nature. I do other things..like just
freak, freeze and think I'm dying.
Everyone handles fear differently. Ron was not in that phase when he spoke to LE..most folks would say that Haleigh was with their girlfriend. Why would he or anyone add what he did to the description of his own girlfriend?
I just don't get it., I'm sorry.
^i^

I'm truly sorry for your pain. And I can understand where you would be sensitive to a victim of abuse. However, I think many of us here have had other experiences that make us question "Crystal" from our own life experiences and have come to a totally different conclusion. And that's all it is, our "conclusions", because none of us know the true dynamics here. I'm sure Ron is an aggresive alpha male, he could possibly be an abuser, I don't know. But I've had 28 years of being a stepmother to 4 kids who's own mother never, ever, put her children's needs ahead of her own. And she was so convincing at being the helpless, downtrodden "victim". HA! Just ask any one of her children who the victims really were! They certainly wouldn't say it was their father... the man the ex-wife spent their entire childhood trashing and spinning lies and half truths about. The man who was always there for them no matter what. And what she would say about me... I won't even go there, and she was oh so convincing to the "unknowing." I may have been young and not the best, stereotypical "mother" figure, but when one of my stepdaughters got married to a man with kids, she told them "this is my step mom, she taught me everything I know about how to be a mom."

That being said, I still don't see Crystal being involved in what happened here. There's drug stuff all over the place on both sides, so that's a wash for me. But I see her as being a very "self-serving" person with an axe to grind on the back of her beautiful missing daughter.

I hate to be the first one on a new thread.
Oh well. I posted this on the Geraldo thread, but I am moving it here.

Does anyone think that it is possible that Crystal might have been pulling a child support scam on someone, possibly married or in a position of power, using Haleigh. She tells this guy that Haleigh could be his, and milks him for 5 years of child support. If it was a one night stand thing, he might not know that she doesn't have custody or have a chance to really see Haleigh to determine if she was his.
And if he were married or in a position of power, the threat of her taking him to court might be enough to keep him paying up without ever seeing a paternity test. If he were to find out that this kid is not his, she doesn't even have custody, any of that, who knows? I wouldn't put it past this unknown someone to take Haleigh as "payment" for five years of unde the table child support.
I do know a woman that tried this routine. When the guy she was scamming found out, murder would not have been out of the question on his part.
THis might even explain her demeanor, she knows who has Haleigh and she may think she knows the person well enough that she thinks they wouldn't hurt Haleigh. Or she might have already received a ransom demand, but not gone to the cops due the fact that she was extorting this person.
I don't know, it's late and I'm tired, and when this popped into my head, it almost felt right.

I am sure before RC was given custady a paternity test was done for the courts prior to turning the children over to the father. I do not think either family had anything to do with her disappearance and it was done by a SO, registered or not, and all this mudslinger about the families has nothing to do with getting Haleigh back. The way both camps are reacting shows how different people react to stress. Look at LA and the way he laughs all the time, he knows the truth about what happened and how his sister lied and stole for years, RC and CS are handling this situation the best they can.

I am sure before RC was given custady a paternity test was done for the courts prior to turning the children over to the father. I do not think either family had anything to do with her disappearance and it was done by a SO, registered or not, and all this mudslinger about the families has nothing to do with getting Haleigh back. The way both camps are reacting shows how different people react to stress. Look at LA and the way he laughs all the time, he knows the truth about what happened and how his sister lied and stole for years, RC and CS are handling this situation the best they can.

I agree, Chester. I've tried to wrap my mind about GR's show last night and I haven't been able to make sense out of what compelled Crystal to put Jr. on television.

Could LE have encouraged it for some reason we don't understand?

Could Crystal have seen a way to get her child support brought current? I don''t know for certain if GR pays guests- it's been assumed but is it confirmed?

I understand her desire to get word of Ronald's drug activities out to the public if that is accurate (and from what I've heard locally, he is mixed up in drug activities) and I also found it interesting that someone reported to LE that Misty was on oxycontin the night Haleigh went missing.

Crystal is not the most intellectual person- but I don't think she would have lied about something reported to LE on national television. All that would do is make her more questionable in their minds.

I've concluded this- I think much of what she said was true. I believe that Jr. has said what she reported he said- and I believe someone did see Misty out partying on February 9.

I don't think putting Jr on TV was prudent- but we don't know who was complicit in that. Could the police want information put out there for some reason? I have no idea but I think it might be a possibility.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine anybody being stupid enough to throw caution to the wind and do what she did last night without a good reason.

I still can't believe she put that Innocent 4 year old on TV like that. I don't believe either family is involved with Haleigh being gone, but neither are helping bring her home either. MC with different stories, all the rap sheets on both side. But I will say one thing RC is not talking bad about Bio Mom family at all. These two family should of pulled together and stood strong to bring this baby home!!

And for those of you who are going to bash me for using Bio Mom instead of Mom I'm sorry she proved to me last night why she don't have her children!!!! Anyone can be a mother but it takes a special person to be a Mom and that she is not.

All the pictures I have seen is a happy little girl and a proud father always smiling. The way she looks at her dad and the way he looks at her they have a special bond.

Thats my 2cents!!!! Bash Away!

I didn't watch the show but I read through the Geraldo thread.

Let's face it, people who have made bad choices in the past will most of the time continue to make bad choices. Take a look at all we know. How can we be surprised at any missteps that happen before our eyes?

Crystal (still!) has a wide open myspace account with her children's names and photos. Privacy doesn't appear to be an issue for her.

I still can't believe she put that Innocent 4 year old on TV like that. I don't believe either family is involved with Haleigh being gone, but neither are helping bring her home either. MC with different stories, all the rap sheets on both side. But I will say one thing RC is not talking bad about Bio Mom family at all. These two family should of pulled together and stood strong to bring this baby home!!

No bashing- just an observation that was pointed out to me by one of my friends in Law Enforcement- but not working on this case.

From an investigative angle, it is actually more suspicious that Ron has not made negative remarks about Crystal- because it points to him having a feeling about who may have been involved- LE does not recognize dignity or restraint in cases like this. Keep that in mind. They are looking at clues and tips and hard information.

I also want to add that the boy most likely has been listening to every adult conversation that has occurred in his presence. And no doubt he hasn't been shielded from the gigunda TV that's been playing 24/7 in the tent.

At this point, the only important conversation was the one that was had with him as soon as Haleigh was discovered missing. Whatever came out of his mouth between then and now is throw away, IMO, because it easily could have been picked up from adult convos and/or TV.

No bashing- just an observation that was pointed out to me by one of my friends in Law Enforcement- but not working on this case.

From an investigative angle, it is actually more suspicious that Ron has not made negative remarks about Crystal- because it points to him having a feeling about who may have been involved- LE does not recognize dignity or restraint in cases like this. Keep that in mind. They are looking at clues and tips and hard information.

Thanks, pirate. I've been thinking that it was unusual--especially for a person with Ron's excitable nature. On the other hand, we don't know if he's shared his feelings with LE in private.

I agree, Chester. I've tried to wrap my mind about GR's show last night and I haven't been able to make sense out of what compelled Crystal to put Jr. on television.I cant either. Bad judgement?

Could LE have encouraged it for some reason we don't understand?I dont think they did, but I think, they arent discouraging it enough!

Could Crystal have seen a way to get her child support brought current? I don''t know for certain if GR pays guests- it's been assumed but is it confirmed?Fox News has said Many many times, even Greta says it, Megan says it, they dont pay for their guests, video rights maybe, but Fox News or NG has said numerous times, they dont pay their guests- a gift basket maybe?

I understand her desire to get word of Ronald's drug activities out to the public if that is accurate (and from what I've heard locally, he is mixed up in drug activities) and I also found it interesting that someone reported to LE that Misty was on oxycontin the night Haleigh went missing. I understand it too, but it's not working in her favor, she should use some class, Jr. should not have been on camera- it doesnt help her prove what he said about the 'black man'...it made things worse. Again another example of bad boundaries by these families

Crystal is not the most intellectual person- but I don't think she would have lied about something reported to LE on national television. All that would do is make her more questionable in their minds. Exactly, bad move on Fox to allow it and encourage it.

I've concluded this- I think much of what she said was true. I believe that Jr. has said what she reported he said- and I believe someone did see Misty out partying on February 9. I agree, but now she blew it with the publics perception. If Misty did do that theres no facts to back it up

I don't think putting Jr on TV was prudent- but we don't know who was complicit in that. Could the police want information put out there for some reason? I have no idea but I think it might be a possibility. I dont see LE having anything to do with it. GR & his crew (Fox Producers) know full well, theres no attorneys or gag orders in place and they can take advantage. I'm pretty sure CS & her mother Marie, took the bait, hook line and sinker.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine anybody being stupid enough to throw caution to the wind and do what she did last night without a good reason. It's exactly that, ignorance.

My reactions Bolded.

You're right Pirate, she was ignorant. For one, if I was going to talk about that, I wouldnt have Jr present for it.
I swear, if I could get a change on my flight plans for next weekend, I would make a stop at her camp and have a good talkin to her. She's totally clueless on how all this should work. Oh well damage is done...I expect some backlash as a result of it. :slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer