Revisiting Haleigh's home

mydailyopinions

Reaction score
Mods, I have searched for a thread about the home and couldn't find one. Please feel free to delete or merge if needed..

We all know that the back door was open, and the screen was propped open with a block..
I am pretty sure that after 10 pm at night, there would be dew on the ground. I am not sure if this photo was taken after LE finished the investigation at the home or before, take a close look at the ramp and the ground around it.
If someone were to have went in that door, then out, there would be footprints leading in and out correct? Even if they had on those scrub type shoe covers, the dew would have gotten on them and transferred as the perp walked up that ramp. Does it look like this ramp may have had a flat covering on it that was taken up by LE?

Its hard to tell. There are black trash bags on the ground, there might be some laying on the ramp also. But there is something definitely laying on the ramp.

Wouldn't propping a door open with a block for the intention of a crime be considered a forced entry? I have seen cases where someone would prop a window open with a screwdriver, and because the screwdriver was there, it was considered a forced entry..
Why would LE say there was no forced entry if the door was propped open for the purpose of entering and exiting the house?

Ok, if you are carrying a child, and you need to get through that door, you have to prop it open; otherwise that screen door will spring back as you exit it and slam shut. So lets say the wooden inside door is NOT DEADBOLTED, that Misty forgot to re-lock it after being outside. I don't know if there was a door lock, like the one that is on the doorknob of mine, but if there were, the person would then need to pick that door lock, and get in and keep the screen door from slamming shut. But if the there is only one lock the deadbolt, you can just open the screen door, check the lock, if it's not locked you have to go get that block or if your intentions were to take a child out, you have the block with you. So how do you know that you will need the block? You must have been in that trailer before. Picture yourself carrying a child in your arms and backing out that screen door. Not much room, also does she just not wake up? There was a full moon that night, it lit up my back yard. So is that pole back there a light or not?

This person knew a lot.

He knew he needed a block to hold open the door.
He knew it was a narrow space and an incline, and he would be able to get the child out of the home without waking her.
He knew Misty wouldn't wake up, or RJ.
He knew where they slept, and he could come in a bedroom with 3 people and take one of them out.
He knew where the light switch was and could turn it on and no one would be standing there with a gun.
He knew the full moon was not a problem and no one would see him come onto the property.
He knew the floors squeeked and his shoes, but not a problem.
He knew Ron wasn't home.
He knew the door wasn't deadbolted because they said that the door wasn't forced on the 911 tape.
He knew where the shirt belonged after taking it off Haliegh and he put it in the dirty laundry pile.

This person knew a lot.

He knew it was a narrow space and an incline, and he would be able to get the child out of the home without waking her.
He knew where they slept, and he could come in a bedroom with 3 people and take one of them out.
He knew where the light switch was and could turn it on and no one would be standing there with a gun.
He knew the full moon was not a problem and no one would see him come onto the property.
He knew Ron wasn't home.
He knew the door wasn't deadbolted because they said that the door wasn't forced on the 911 tape.
He knew where the shirt belonged after taking it off Haliegh and he put it in the dirty laundry pile.

The one thing that can prove all of this to be true is if LE found any footprints on the ramp.
I remember hearing of a child's footprint, then reference to Haleigh's shoes being inside the home. Nothing of an adult footprint. If she were taken from the home, at least one would have been found on that ramp.
I still think this was an inside job. Anyone from the inside could have taken a pitcher of water and cleared a footprint by throwing it on the ramp.

If she was carried out, why put her down and make her walk? I am thinking she was sleeping and they would just carry her to a van, a boat, a car. And we don't have anyone hearing a car or van on the road, or see car lights, no one hears or sees anything. I think that is possible if it was late at night.

I wonder if they were smart enough to think about foot prints on the ramp and washing them off. If they were somewhere the shoes would pick up sand or dirt from the river's edge; they may have had enough soil to transfer to the ramp and leave a print, but it wasn't raining and the soil is different here, it is mostly sand.

I agree; I think it was an inside job.

I just can't see an strange intruder turning on the kitchen light and removing a child's top and putting it underneath the laundry pile on the bottom. Wasn't it said that it was on the bottom of other things? He does all this without trailing the laundry into the kitchen or out the back door. He props the door open for a fast easy getaway but leaves the laundry pile lying there to possibly trip over? I believe it was an inside job or someone who knew Misti through possibly the internet, but there was help with a vehicle to get Haleigh out of the area in a vehicle and over the railroad tracks. Someone dressed in black and wearing squeaky shoes.

This person knew a lot.

He knew Ron wasn't home.

The only part I believe the person knew before entering the property is that RC was at work. Everything else could have just occurred at that time. Not necessarily planned or knew. <Just my opinions>

My point is SOMEONE took a HUGE risk that night. If I were planing this; I would not go on a night that had a full moon. I wouldn't go into a trailer that could possibly have people in there and would wake and maybe shoot me. I don't think I would take that risk, I would gab a kid outside somewhere on a back road. Why turn on lights? Thats all I'm saying.

I have some thoughts running thru my head. Perp was at home earlier, unlocked the door while he was there. Or upon visiting put something in drinks in fridge that he/she knew would knock out victims. Of course LE would have found evidence of that. After looking at aerial view would think exit was made thru the woods. Why take a chance walking down a road with a child that may scream. I would be looking real close at the visitors that were there at 5 oclock. Of course if this is an abduction. Right now it could be anything.

We don't know that the back door was propped open, this could have been staged after Ron came home. I'm not a weatherman, but dew does not always fall every night at the same time, so the ramp may not have been wet. There are some early mornings when our porch and sidewalk are wet, and others when they are completely dry.
I was thinking the footprint was found on the ground, more into the wooded area, not on the ramp.

My first thought about all of this was, she was out, so the deadbolt wasn't in place. Someone came looking for her, because they knew Ron wasn't home, and Haleigh answered the door. When she got home, she looked around and JR was sleeping, but Haleigh was gone, she went looking to find her, and panicked and staged it to look like she was home and someone came in and took her while she was asleep. Not that she did this, just that she felt like he would kill her for letting this happen when she was supposed to be home.

You may be right. I just wish some decent clues would surface so they had something to work with.

The more you think about it the more fishy it sounds doesn't it?

What got me was a guy dressed in black sneaking in to abduct a child and turning on the kitchen light! I don't think so!!!!

I just want to know if there were any footprints! Were there any possible prints on the ramp? The perp, no matter if they were from within or outside of the home had to get in and out!
Does anyone remember what the temperature was that night?

Here are some possibilities, just for thought. Didn't MC say she had to wash a blanket for Haleigh and that she was only covered by a sheet? Maybe Haleigh took off the pink shirt and stuck it in the laundry and put on a different top (warmer?). If MC was distracted by the washing, she may not have noticed.
Maybe MC had a drink after the kids were in bed, and then fell asleep. Possibly, she left the kitchen light on herself and didn't realize it. This would explain why she didn't hear anything and also why she woke up around 3 to go to the bathroom. Most teenage girls don't wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Unless they had a beer or two.
What if MC had opened the back door to toss something out, like a garbage bag with the empty bottles in it. And closed it but forgot to lock the door or deadbolt it.
Maybe someone who knew the house layout and knew that RC was at work looked in the window and, with the light on, saw that nobody was up. Tried the back door and found it unlocked. Propped open the screen and went in. Saw Haleigh in a separate bed, picked her up, and made a hasty exit out into the woods.
I hope that LE has checked very thoroughly for prints and also makes extensive use of polygraphs for anyone and everyone who has ever been in this trailer.

This person knew a lot.

He knew Ron wasn't home.

The block could have been a ruse.
He may not have entered or exited from that area.
ITA, he knew Ron wasn't home.
With no curtains on the window, he could have seen where the three were.
Haleigh could have gotten up, changed her clothes, with something ggm brought over, and put her own pink shirt in the laundry, and turned on the light. I hope LE fingerprinted the lightswitch.
A train passing during the crime could have covered up his noise.
I hope LE fingerprinted all the window areas before releasing the home.

I would like to add that there is a streetlight just to the right of the back/side door. (facing the door) I dont know if it was working that night, but if it was, between that and the full moon, it was probably pretty well lit around there.

Could it be possible that the person had something covering their shoes...like a bag or something to prevent footprints from being left? I know it's kinda of a reach, but something about their being no footprints bothers me

** oh another random thought..as per the ramp, they could have simply swept them away...of course that would have taken extra planning, to bring a broom...hmmmmmm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back