Custody Document: "To Determine Paternity & Parental Relief"

The fact that Ron had to file to determine paternity is interesting to me (although it's sad).

"The General Magistrate finds petitioner's willingness to facilitate contact between the children and their mother, petitioner's employment, and petitioner's residence in his mother's home with the two children, and the mother's lack of sustained contact with her children all weigh in petitioner having primary residential responsibility."

Okay, so it's not true that Crystal wasn't properly notified about the custody hearing as I heard previously.

As if it couldn't get worse the more I read:
Comes now the Defendant through her undersigned attorney to state the
following for the Court:
1. During the hearing held December 27, 2005, the Respondent had no legal
representation and as such was ignorant of the agistrate's need to hear
evidence critical to her cause and the best interests of the couples minor
children.
2. Respondent Is a chronic victim of domestic violence and abuse at the
hand of Ronald Cummings and as such was intimidated by the Petitioner.
3. Petitioner used his history of control and intimidation to manipulate the
testimony and effectively silence the Respondent.
4. The Magistrate is acting upon incomplete information in that the Petitioner
is reputed to be a known drug dealer in the community. He is further
alleged to have repeatedly physically abused the respondent.

5. His chosen lifestyle and illegal business actions pose a severe risk to the
children.

6. Respondent has a history of having tried cocaine at the insistence of the
Petitioner.

12. Witnesses unrelated to this case, who have issued police reports against
the Petitioner have stated that they are fearful of retribution.
13. The Petitioner does not take care of the children and leaves them with
other family members.

15. Ronald Cummings has left the children with other family members who are
also drug users, and whose habits have placed the children at risk.

Okay, so it's not true that Crystal wasn't properly notified about the custody hearing as I heard previously.
This is why I have an opinion about this missing child, Haleigh. The only need I see from either parent to remove Haleigh from her home would be on the mother's side. I'll say it until the truth of this case comes out. I really think Haleigh has been removed from that home from the Sheffield/Griffis side. They are the only ones that would benefit from the children not being there. Child Support, back support, what's ahead support. It's all about money. I also think that Jr would be missing right along with Haleigh if Misty hadn't been sleeping with him. And just to make myself feel better about this case...I truly believe Haleigh is safe.

This is why I have an opinion about this missing child, Haleigh. The only need I see from either parent to remove Haleigh from her home would be on the mother's side. I'll say it until the truth of this case comes out. I really think Haleigh has been removed from that home from the Sheffield/Griffis side. They are the only ones that would benefit from the children not being there. Child Support, back support, what's ahead support. It's all about money. I also think that Jr would be missing right along with Haleigh if Misty hadn't been sleeping with him. And just to make myself feel better about this case...I truly believe Haleigh is safe.

That's a lot of missed child support payments (didn't I hear over $4K in the media?), especially if her payments are only $300 p/mo.

What gets me is I'm a mom to three and I don't understand her not wanting to see or be with her children much. In the docs it states something to this effect. It's crazy.

Didn't I read some where that she never lived at that address in Jacksonville where the papers were served? I'm wondering how that happened, if it's true.

She did live in Jacksonville the birth announcement of Chloe said Jacksonville.I think she lived there before she moved into her Mom's.

As if it couldn't get worse the more I read:

4. The Magistrate is acting upon incomplete information in that the Petitioner
is reputed to be a known drug dealer in the community. He is further
alleged to have repeatedly physically abused the respondent.
5. His chosen lifestyle and illegal business actions pose a severe risk to the
children.

12. Witnesses unrelated to this case, who have issued police reports against
the Petitioner have stated that they are fearful of retribution.
13. The Petitioner does not take care of the children and leaves them with
other family members.

The items quoted were quoted from the MOTION FOR REHEARING AND OBJECTION TO FINDINGS OF MAGISTRATE which states, "Comes now the Defendant through her undersigned attorney to state the following for the Court."

Ronald Cummings brought a custody suit against Crystal Sheffield. This is her rebuttal. She and her attorney can bring anything up in court, but it has to be proven. Obviously, these accusations were not valid or proven to be false as Ronald Cummings was awarded full custody and is the custodial parent. That speaks volumes.

That's a lot of missed child support payments (didn't I hear over $4K in the media?), especially if her payments are only $300 p/mo.

What gets me is I'm a mom to three and I don't understand her not wanting to see or be with her children much. In the docs it states something to this effect. It's crazy.
$4100.00 to be exact.

I agree. I don't understand how a mom can fail to make an effort to see her children.

But I'm not sure I believe she is behind this disappearance. Why would she abduct a child she previously makes no effort to see. Wouldn't it be easier to just terminate your parental rights than abduct a child you don't want, to avoid paying child support?

The address shown for her in those papers is *** Parker Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202. That address in Jacksonville is a business...

not her address, but it IS a process server.
http://www.specialservicesofjax.com/

So, when Ron filed did he tell the court her address was unknown? Was she really ever served the notice of the hearing? The papers say "whose address is" *** Parker Street. I think he knew all along that she was living in McClenney Florida...80 miles away.

How on earth was she ordered to pay $323 of her $959 a month...leaving her $636 a month to live on? When he was living with his mother, earning $2051 a month and Crystal had shared custody? Not to mention that he got her fired from her job and there really was no $959 income.

I believe Crystal's claim that she was a victim of domestic violence and he threatened to kill her. Must have been difficult for her to even see the children with his temper and her being afraid of him.

The fact that she had no legal representation present is why he was awarded primary custody. IMO a total miscarriage of justice...and the fact that those babies ended up being taken care of by his 17 year old mistress full time...not his mother at all...that's what speaks volumes to me.

How on earth was she ordered to pay $323 of her $959 a month...leaving her $636 a month to live on? When he was living with his mother, earning $2051 a month and Crystal had shared custody? Not to mention that he got her fired from her job and there really was no $959 income.

*snipped & bolded by me*

I was also :waitasec: at those figures.

The address shown for her in those papers is *** Parker Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202. That address in Jacksonville is a business...

not her address, but it IS a process server.
http://www.specialservicesofjax.com/

So, when Ron filed did he tell the court her address was unknown? Was she really ever served the notice of the hearing? The papers say she "resides" at *** Parker Street. I think he knew all along that she was living in McClenney Florida...80 miles away.

I believe Crystal's claim that she was a victim of domestic violence and he threatened to kill her. Must have been difficult for her to even see the children with his temper and her being afraid of him.

The fact that she had no legal representation present is why he was awarded primary custody. IMO a total miscarriage of justice...and the fact that those babies ended up being taken care of by his 17 year old mistress full time...not his mother at all...that's what speaks volumes to me.

She was served the papers and signed at one time so how can you say he sent them to the wrong address.

*snipped & bolded by me*

It would of been the same if the mother got the children. No wait it would of been more. I dont see the point in pointing out the child support amount. What the children weren't worth that amount?

I agree. I don't understand how a mom can fail to make an effort to see her children.

But I'm not sure I believe she is behind this disappearance. Why would she abduct a child she previously makes no effort to see. Wouldn't it be easier to just terminate your parental rights than abduct a child you don't want, to avoid paying child support?

This is a big one for me. Crystal took out life insurance on the two children! IMO crystal is the only immediate family member with motive for Haleigh to be missing. She gets $ No more child support to pay for Haleigh and putting Ron through the mud, she may think will help her regain custody of RJ and not have to pay that child support. I did find it interesting in this set of court papers, Crystals states she bought a home.

She was served the papers and signed at one time so how can you say he sent them to the wrong address.
Read those papers again. She was served a copy of his petition...but she claims she never received the notification of the hearing on December 1st. I think that notification went to that 729 Parker Street address. When says she never received that notification, I tend to think that's probably true.

That's why she filed for a rehearing. Knowing how the Florida divorce courts work, the judge decided in Ron's favor because Crystal didn't appear and he rejected her request for a rehearing. I don't think a rehearing was granted...have we found any indication that there was one?

When Ron filed in September 2005, Crystal was personal severed IIRC October 5, 2005, she answered October 18, 2005. So she was completely aware of the legal action. The courts mailed out a notice of Hearing for December 2005. It would of been Crystals responsibility to notify the court if she moved after October 18, 2005.

*snipped & bolded by me*

= $3800 for 12 months, thats almost the $4100....infant daughter is 5 months old? she was pregnant and not working before that. Still say she should of made some sort of effort to pay once in a while.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back