767 users online (95 members and 672 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Elyse Mamino charged in death of newborn, nearly killing 2nd baby, 2007 & 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,503784,00.html

"Authorities investigating a teacher's aide accused of trying to drown her newborn girl in a toilet have found the decomposed remains of another infant at her southern Illinois home.

The remains apparently had been at Elyse Mamino's home in the St. Louis suburb of Belleville for more than a year, Belleville police Capt. Don Sax said Monday."
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    What in the EFFING HELL is WRONG with people?!

This woman should ROT in PRISON.

Children are precious gifts...it seems as if SO MANY fail to recognize that.
    Disgusting.
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

What on earth is wrong with the authorities in this town?
    She gave birth in a bathroom, tried to drown the baby, baby was in the hospital for two weeks and then they gave her back to the mother?
    The article is confusingly written but it looks like she had custody of this baby she tried to kill since she was released from the hospital in December. And now they finally come to arrest her and find another dead baby in her house?
    I don't even know what to say about this...
    Crazy all around, not even gonna start on the mother

snipped:
    Edwards called the case "very disturbing," in part because state child-welfare officials let Mamino keep custody of her surviving girl from the time the baby was released from the hospital in December until Mamino's arrest last week.

The child remained in Mamino's custody despite investigators "airing concerns" that the mother perhaps tried to kill the girl, Edwards said.

WTH?
    See, this is what fires me up about things like this.
    What were they thinking?
    I wish I could show statistics of the children in America being killed each year when CPS was already involved and did nothing to save them..
    OMG..I think it is time for those with the choice to leave children in the possession of parents like this should sit in the jail cell right beside them!
    Justice For Caylee Marie

Quote Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
    What on earth is wrong with the authorities in this town?
    She gave birth in a bathroom, tried to drown the baby, baby was in the hospital for two weeks and then they gave her back to the mother?
    The article is confusingly written but it looks like she had custody of this baby she tried to kill since she was released from the hospital in December. And now they finally come to arrest her and find another dead baby in her house?
    I don't even know what to say about this...
    Crazy all around, not even gonna start on the mother
    Holy crap, they gave that child back? I really missed that part. Well LE should be ashamed of themselves

AND, she was a teachers aid for autistic children!! WTF!

For the love of God, why did they give that baby girl back to her??

Idiots, I tell ya, idiots!!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

"The baby, now in a relative's care, was hospitalized for about two weeks. Edwards said it is unclear whether she suffered brain damage."
    The newborn isnt with her. she has another girl whom cps left with her after this incident.
    "Edwards called the case "very disturbing," in part because state child-welfare officials let Mamino keep custody of her surviving girl from the time the baby was released from the hospital in December until Mamino's arrest last week."

I was able to pluck this myspace link while browsing different blogs on the internet.

It is allegedly a cache of the Mother's now private myspace page.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:htZoETZzDeAJrofile.myspace.com/index.cfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser.viewprofile%26friend id%3D12337796+12337796+myspace&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3& gl=us

ETA: I don't know why a smiley pops up in that URL but I clicked on the link and it worked for me. Let me know if there is a problem. The link does load very slow.
    Last edited by Kat; 03-03-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: explanation
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Oh wow....the comments left by friends on her myspace are disturbing-to say the least.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

On November 15, 2008 we brought Victoria Rae into the world...it was a HUGE surprise to all of us, but we're very lucky and thankful to have her in our lives.
    Pffft! Did her boyfriend know she tried to kill their daughter?? And what about the other baby? Did he know about the other poor baby's body in the house??

I hope she rots in jail forever. Imagine this precious little girl growing up knowing her birth "mother" is in jail because she tried to kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by EmMomma View Post
    What in the EFFING HELL is WRONG with people?!

This woman should ROT in PRISON.

Children are precious gifts...it seems as if SO MANY fail to recognize that.
    Disgusting.
    My words exactly. When will it stop?!!!!

My beloved Jared
    12/18/83-11/19/84
    Gone too soon by violence.

Bless your heart, Otise. What a precious little boy. *Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by MissieMt View Post
    Oh wow....the comments left by friends on her myspace are disturbing-to say the least.
    I agree!! what a sick excuse for a mother
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

How awful. I don't know her, but, I go by her home all the time. Just over the weekend.

And to think DCFS gave the baby back to her. It wasn't LE. They are/were pretty angry over DCFS giving the baby back.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Quote Originally Posted by wildTrose View Post
    "The baby, now in a relative's care, was hospitalized for about two weeks. Edwards said it is unclear whether she suffered brain damage."
    The newborn isnt with her. she has another girl whom cps left with her after this incident.
    "Edwards called the case "very disturbing," in part because state child-welfare officials let Mamino keep custody of her surviving girl from the time the baby was released from the hospital in December until Mamino's arrest last week."
    Thank you for the clarification. wildTrose!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast