PA PA - Philadelphia, BlkMale 35-45, UP5184, in elevator shaft, clothes, Sz 8 Pro Wing shoes, Aug'04

ilovemew

Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire o
Reaction score
I am new at this and was debating whether or not to post but I figured if there's even a 1% chance it is him I better. The missing person's name is Edward James Amabile. He went missing on the way to pick up his daughter on 12-4-2003 in Pennsylvania. Here is the link:
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300976S

Here is the link to the UID:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1916umpa.html
There is not a lot of info. on here so it's a long shot but the age and height match up and I google mapped the location from where Mr. Amabile was driving and where the UID was found and it's only 24 minutes away.

Please tell me what you think, there is not a lot to go on I know. I did see that there is a link to the medical examiner but there was a possibility of post-mortem photos. I do not have the stomach for that so I did not click.

I looked and there are not any post-mortem photos on that particular link if you want to look. There's also not much more information either. ID will have to be DNA or dental it says. It wouldn't hurt to pursue it a little further. Hopefully one of the sleuthers with more experience than me will come on here and guide you.

Thanks. That's what I'm hoping for.

Well, yes, since the UID was found close to the missing man that is a start. I was looking at the tattoos of the missing man but realized that if the body was decomposed/skeletonized, there wouldn't be any trace. I wonder what the cause of death would be in the UID. The missing man was wearing a medic tag necklace. The Doe Network didn't list anything like that, what a lacking entry. I wonder what 2200 Arch street is, maybe google it?

James Amabile had diabetes and his blood sugar would drop sometimes and he would become disoriented. All this according to the Charley Project webpage on him. He would appear drunk they say. The UID was found down an elevator shaft. Maybe he was disoriented and fell down. Why he would be there I'm not sure.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/amabile_james.html

Also 2200 Arch Street is condominiums according to google maps.

Why would anyone be in an elevator shaft unless they were dumped there? And even then there must be places where a body is less likely to smell, less likely to be discovered and generally safer to dispose of.

Seems like as good a match as any - and with such basic information only, they must be inviting tips on that basis unless they expect this Doe to have some connection with this building. (Although a misper with that kind of connection probably wouldn't have stayed missing for long once the body was found...)

Can someone tell me what we can do next? If anything. I am very bad at speaking with people I don't know. Especially something like this. If someone would like to call and just inquire if the UID has been checked to see if he could be James that would be great. I'd appreciate it and my cats would too so I can stop "obsessing" and go play with them. :woohoo:
The medical examiner's number on the Doe Network is no longer correct. It is now 610-532-4000.

I tried taking the main road between Folsom and Woodlyn on Google, but I ran out of time. Whenever I see a MP case where the person AND the vehicle are missing, I tend to believe they drove off the road into a body of water. If James was having a diabetic episode, that easily could have happened. Makes more sense than him winding up in an elevator shaft - IMO. But stranger things have happened - that's for sure!

Is it possible to e-mail the ME?

I tried taking the main road between Folsom and Woodlyn on Google, but I ran out of time. Whenever I see a MP case where the person AND the vehicle are missing, I tend to believe they drove off the road into a body of water. If James was having a diabetic episode, that easily could have happened. Makes more sense than him winding up in an elevator shaft - IMO. But stranger things have happened - that's for sure!

Is it possible to e-mail the ME?

Fairy I was happy when I saw that you had replied. I've been reading posts here for awhile and you seem to be pretty on top of things when it comes to these cases. My thinking was that if he was disoriented and asked the wrong people for help or abandoned his vehicle because he was dazed and couldn't drive than his vehicle could have been stolen and taken for parts. However I do like your theory, it seems very plausible. I was thinking that they had accounted for that and already searched the bodies of water along his route.
I did look on the internet for an email address for the ME but I could not find one. I wouldn't mind firing off an email but a phone call :no:

If this was him, where would his car be? When I hear of someone and their car missing I also think that it must be submerged in water or perhaps there was some sort of car jacking but that's less plausible. I have heard of cases of the cars being found and the person missing which could be a case of suicide when you take into consideration the cars are usually found near wooded areas.

Also, with the elevator shaft, how can somebody unless they're working on it fall down? And without being noticed? Did he just slip through the teensy tiny crack in the elevator? I don't understand how a man, even if disordiented could end up down there accidently without anybody knowing. It's usually impossible to fall down an elevator shaft unless it's out of order and even then there are security measures. It's not left wide open for people to stumble into, there are very few elevator deaths a year.

The only thing I can think of is the body was put there by the murderer, how they had access, I don't know. Maybe they worked there or lived there and had access. If we knew what type of circles the missing man ran in, that would help but I mean he was going to pick up his daughter, this would make me think he would have to have a detour, be murderered and put in the elevator shaft. I just don't think it's a likely theory but that's my two cents, worth submitting if you want to rule it out.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I'm not going to submit it. I wanted to hear what you guys all thought. I want to keep looking for matches between UID's and Doe's but those recreation's kinda freak me out. Especially the one's made of clay and stuck on a stick that you can see. I wanted to do more than just read posts so we'll see.

Fairy I was happy when I saw that you had replied. I've been reading posts here for awhile and you seem to be pretty on top of things when it comes to these cases. My thinking was that if he was disoriented and asked the wrong people for help or abandoned his vehicle because he was dazed and couldn't drive than his vehicle could have been stolen and taken for parts. However I do like your theory, it seems very plausible. I was thinking that they had accounted for that and already searched the bodies of water along his route.
I did look on the internet for an email address for the ME but I could not find one. I wouldn't mind firing off an email but a phone call :no:

Awww - you're so sweet and give me waaaaay too much credit. :blowkiss:

The thing with folks who go off the road and into a waterway is that sometimes it takes AGES for them to be found and we definitely can't assume a thorough search was ever done. I was taking the road I felt he would have traveled on Google to see if that was possible, but I couldn't see any waterways, don't know if he took that route and I ran out of time and couldn't finish the trip! I will try again tomorrow from a bit farther back - maybe then I can see the waterways.

Now - as far as the elevator shaft goes.....the building was not abandoned at the time, right? It just seems odd to me that he would have been there, but again...diabetic episode. I have seen people in this state and can easily see how they could wind up somewhere they wouldn't have normally been. I just wonder why a diabetic dude heading for an episode would go to pick up his daughter. Who knows?????

I don't know much about diabetic episodes so all the input has been great. Wow Fairy, you live close enough to drive that route. That's certainly helpful. There's just something about fathers and daughters that gets to me. I thank God he gave me a wonderful father who taught me that I was a princess (a tomboy one but still a princess :)) and someone special and loved. So when I read that James was going to pick up his daughter I had to try to see what I could find.

I think Fairy1 meant she was virtually driving the route using Google's Street View to see if there were any places the car could have gone off the road.

From what I've read so far, most car & driver pairs that go missing are found either in heavily wooded, remote areas or in the water, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that Edward could have been separated from his SUV only to have it stolen. Supposedly 30% of stolen cars are never recovered because they end up in chop shops, and others are intentionally driven into water or burned to hide them.

If his blood sugar dropped and he became disoriented, he might have even abandoned the SUV with its doors open and keys inside, making it an easy target for joyriders. Ilovemew already suggested this, but I think it's quite possible he could have left on foot if he was disoriented.

I think Fairy1 meant she was virtually driving the route using Google's Street View to see if there were any places the car could have gone off the road.

:blushing: I didn't realize you could do that. Thanks again taters. Do you think we should contact the ME and see if maybe they have more information that wasn't released? Can you tell from bones whether someone suffered from diabetes? Also do medic alert bracelets have people's names on them or just the medical issue?

:blushing: I didn't realize you could do that. Thanks again taters. Do you think we should contact the ME and see if maybe they have more information that wasn't released? Can you tell from bones whether someone suffered from diabetes? Also do medic alert bracelets have people's names on them or just the medical issue?

You can take a virtual trip on Google!! It's my newest obsession. Anyhoo, here is the link between Folsom and Woodlyn - on Macdade Blvd - which seems to me to be the most logical route.

Seems to me they would have searched, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they didn't!!!

http://www.google.co.uk/maps

Hope this works! Just keep drilling down on Macdade Blvd. and you will soon be right on the road!

Don't look at this map - it's of the UK! Go to Google Maps and look up Folsom, PA. When you drill down, then look at Macdade Blvd. and you can take it all the way to Woodlyn. It's not far, looks to be heavily wooded, but can't see any waterways if you're right down on the blvd. Sorry - I'm relatively new at these maps!

I see you can order diabetic medic alert jewelry with room to engrave your name and whatnot, but there's also the generic pendant to let others know you have diabetes. My grandpa wore a plain, unengraved one just in case he needed help when he was out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt diabetes can be diagnosed from skeletal remains. I've never seen it in a UID report.

Oh dear - try this one!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...m_source=en-ha-na-us-google-svn&utm_medium=ha

We have a super-sleuther on this case "behind the scenes" who is very familiar with this area. She does not believe there is a waterway along the most likely route into which the car could have gone. So.....while that was my gut feeling, it is probably not accurate!

My second guess is that he went into a diabetic episode and got all wiggy. Now, this makes sense too - except for the fact that they never found his car. OR...they DID find his car - stripped - and just never put two and two together. If that is the case, I still believe he wouldn't have gotten too far from home. But this is such a densely populated area. I'm thinking we should check NJ....On my way!

I see you can order diabetic medic alert jewelry with room to engrave your name and whatnot, but there's also the generic pendant to let others know you have diabetes. My grandpa wore a plain, unengraved one just in case he needed help when he was out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt diabetes can be diagnosed from skeletal remains. I've never seen it in a UID report.

Wow - good point! I don't believe I've ever seen it either. Seems like the necklace would have been found - even with skeletal remains, but maybe it was lost???

I have seen someone in an extreme diabetic episode and it was very similar to someone being falling-down drunk - literally! Thinking back, my friend could easily have gone totally off the deep end if someone hadn't been with her.

Where did this guy go? I can't find any background on him, what his job was or if he was still married to his daughter's mother, simple stuff like that. It would be crazy if he worked somewhere near the UID's location. If he pissed off the wrong people and they knew he picked his daughter up everyday or whatever it was than they could have ambushed him, threw him in the shaft, maybe they live close by to that building. All speculation of course, and I know there are a million different scenarios we could go through. I wish we could get more info. on the UID so we could rule him out for good.

I've been trying to research if you are able to detect diabetes in skeletal remains. There is something about skeletal muscle that might contain something useful but I'm having a hard time understanding everything.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...serid=10&md5=16db9707c36ca5023d4b347ee19abb33

http://books.google.com/books?id=2K...EaMy&sig=be4zNA518WhXExt3MBudNyO2VVU#PPA25,M1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back