Identified! VA - Virginia Beach, Female UP2628, 25-35, Apr'95 - Elizabeth Bryant

dearmont

Reaction score
I am interested in your thoughts/opinions of what may have happened to Judy Ann Sylvester and if this could be a possible match. Not much to go on but there is DNA available for the UID. Would appear that the remains were scattered, probably by animals - another search of the area may uncover more remains. VA Beach ME contact is on vacation this week, I will contact her next week for additional information.

Judy Sylvester:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/684dfva.html
Missing since January 24, 1977 from Virginia Beach, Virginia.
DOB: July 8 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0", 100lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Jewelry: Hand made necklace

UID Female remains:
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2628

NAMUS case T1995-52325
Date found:1995-04-20
Location found: 415 SOUTH BIRDNECK ROAD VIRGINIA BEACH, VA Virginia Beach City County
AGE AT TIME OF DEATH 25-35 YEARS OLD. ANCESTRY NOT ABLE TO BE DETERMINED. LIVING STATURE NOT ABLE TO BE DETERMINED DUE TO FRAGMENTARY NATURE OF SPECIMEN.
Head Not Recovered, Torso Not Recovered, Limbs Not Recovered, Hands Not Recovered
Clothing: BRA AND A LIGHTWEIGHT SWEATER
Jewelry: BROKEN GOLDTONE ROPE NECKLACE

not much info available on the UID for a good comparison. i would try to contact the ME listed on NAMUS.

there was a rash of murders in the area in 1995, but mostly of men. i wasn't able to find anything about this female UID in the local paper archives....but i think this is a pretty good possibility...good find!

This should have been tested due to the area. Animals could have gotten to the remains which is why they didn't find everything. The UID was found with a goldtone necklace but the missing person was last seen wearing a hand made necklace, not many people create their own gold tone necklaces. Does it not say how old they think the remains are? I would send it in, they might have already checked because of the area being the same as the dissapearance.

The Doe Network:
Case File 2013DFVA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2013dfva.html

Elizabeth Dicolina Bryant
Missing since September 30, 1993 from Virginia Beach, Virginia
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 19, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 33 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 105 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Strawberry blonde (dyed) hair; hazel eyes. Her natural hair color is dark brown. She has had one vaginal birth and several abortions; pierced ears. Her breast size is large for her body size (C or D) and she has very small feet (Size 5-6);
Marks, Scars: She has a medium size stab wound/scar on her lower back. No known tattoos or additional piercings.
DNA: Available
Fingerprints: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Bryant was last seen in Virginia Beach, Virginia on or about September 30, 1993.
While there is not a definite "last seen" date, the last record of her being seen by someone is from a local police department report dated September 30th, 1993 in which she was arrested for prostitution.

Bryant used drugs and was known to hitchhike often. She attempted to see her mother at a nursing home in Virginia Beach on several occasions in 1993. She did not own a car at the time. The remainder of her family has not seen her since April of 1992. Bryant is presumed to be dead and was declared so in 2000.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Virginia Beach Police Department
757-385-4377
Email

Source Information:
NAMPN

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bryant_elizabeth.html
She has been declared deceased and her case is no longer active.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1798/3/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: Sample submitted-tests complete
Fingerprints: Available

There is a detective as a POC for her case at NamUs, with a notation that it is not being investigated.

Her given name and surname are too common to search the archives at this time.

Elizabeth has been missing almost 17 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• Elizabeth Dicolina Bryant.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 29
This case is being handled by NCIS cold case in Norfolk Virginia with assistance of Det Angela Murphy with the Virginia Beach Virginia missing person unit.

Police Information
Title Agent
First name Bill
Last name Heath
Jurisdiction Federal
Agency Naval Criminal Investigative Service
Address 1 Cold Case Homicide Squad
Address 2 Norfolk Field Office
City Norfolk
State Virginia
Zip code
Phone 757-462-2488
Email bill.heath@navy.mil
Website
Case number
Date reported
Comments
Title
First name
Last name
Jurisdiction
Agency
Address 1
Address 2
City
State
Zip code
Phone
Email
Website
Case number
Date reported
Comments
Reports
Case Report (html version)
Printable Poster (pdf version)
Email Poster Email Address

Contacts
Case Manager
First Name Angela
Last Name Murphy
Email amurphy@vbgov.com
Phone 7573854023

The decedent has been identified as Elizabeth Dicolena Bryant

... according to NamUs
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2628

From Charley Project:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bryant_elizabeth.html

Elizabeth Dicolina Bryant

bryant_elizabeth.jpg

Above: Bryant, circa 1993

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: September 30, 1993 from Virginia Beach, Virginia
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: June 19, 1960
Height and Weight: 5'3, 105 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes. Bryant wears a shoe size 5 or 6 and a C- or D-cup bra. She has a stab wound scar on her lower back and pierced ears. Her hair was dyed strawberry-blonde at the time of her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance

Bryant was arrested for prostitution in Virginia Beach, Virginia on September 30, 1993. This is the last indication of her whereabouts; she has never been heard from again. She used drugs in 1993 and hitchhiked for transportation, as she didn't have a vehicle. Bryant attempted to visit her mother in a nursing home several times in 1993, but the rest of her family hasn't had contact with her since April 1992. She was declared legally dead in 2000. Her case remains unsolved and is no longer under active investigation.

RIP. This is one of the missing persons I always kept thinking about. I'm sad because I kept hoping she was alive, but at least now her daughter and family can have closure.

Does anyone know if theres been any updates on this case? It's been ten years since she was identified and it appears her case is still unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back