Former Defense Attorney,Todd Macaluso *Merged*

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
I decided to start this thread for Casey's newest attorney because I'm curious as to what he's bringing to the table. My understanding is he is a personal injury and product liability lawyer. His background is impressive. Will he taking first chair at trial? What do we know about him? What are your thoughts?

http://www.macalusolawsd.com/TMA_Pg_Attorneys.html#

I'm trying my hardest to be fair and not cynical, but I'm starting to think these big time players just want an open forum to try out new trial tactics in a case without a clear defense. It will be very hard to argue ZFG - especially with now TWO different ZFG stories "on the record" (KCs to LE, and Lee's deposition). And how do you introduce an accident theory NOW after yapping about a kidnapper for all these months?

Personally I think these lawyers might be more interested in presenting their "speciality" theories and see how they are received, rather than actually helping KC form a coherent defense. Sad, to me, because everyone deserves a defense in his or her best interest. This is turning into a trade show of the who's-who in criminal defense.

Is he replacing a member of the Def. team, or simply being added?

His stats look good on paper for jury trials. 92% track record in court win before juries.

It is sad that completely innocent people are wrongly accused and successfully convicted and this complete nobody who has contributed nothing but a beautiful 2 year old girl to society and killed her, has all these high profile attorneys that she couldn't possibly afford even if she were to have gotten a real job in her lifetime.

Is this the accident reenactment fellow I was reading about yesterday? They are going to have him come in with all his expertise and try to make it look like an accident?

If this guy is as good as they say he will not be there when KC goes to trial unless it truly was an accident. If this guy can't make all the pieces fit perfectly, I predict he will be out of there.

I've lost count, does anyone remember how many other atty's have come and gone?

I don't know anything about the guy but I almost lost my cocoa krispies when I heard him say she did not murder Caylee.

WTF?? LOL - How do these guys keep a straight face when they say these things?

>>Todd Macaluso, an attorney from San Diego who specializes in plane and car crashes, has joined her defense team.

VIDEO REPORT: Judge Rules To Release Photos
http://www.wftv.com/video/18841422/index.html<<
Snipped from
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80748
Post #2

Oh my gosh- I just read all of the bios on Macaluso's website. One of his associates specializes in "defective medical devises and drugs."

Is this going to be another "twinkie defense??" They had better not turn this into another zoloft made me kill someone trial. Argggg.

Is this the accident reenactment fellow I was reading about yesterday? They are going to have him come in with all his expertise and try to make it look like an accident?

If this guy is as good as they say he will not be there when KC goes to trial unless it truly was an accident. If this guy can't make all the pieces fit perfectly, I predict he will be out of there.

I've lost count, does anyone remember how many other atty's have come and gone?
Defense needs to figure out which band wagon they're on. An accident, or Zanny the nanny who doesn't exist.

Oh my gosh- I just read all of the bios on Macaluso's website. One of his associates specializes in "defective medical devises and drugs."

Is this going to be another "twinkie defense??" They had better not turn this into another zoloft made me kill someone trial. Argggg.

Or Casey accidently killed Caylee with xanax. After they get Casey off they sue the makers of xanax for 20 million dollars. :rolleyes:

How freaky would that be?

I will post this then I will go away. Look at Lenny's webpage, then this guy. Airplanes in the background. I love Lenny to death, but that was "freaky". JMO.

Never mind. He has changed his web page.

Or Casey accidently killed Caylee with xanax. After they get Casey off they sue the makers of xanax for 20 million dollars. :rolleyes:

But, how do they explain the tape over Caylee's mouth?

interesting... maybe they're gonna try to claim that KC gave caylee some "baby medicine" to make her sleepy because caylee was hyper... that's why she had problems with tantrums (the bookmarked pages in the parenting book found in her room) then they're gonna sue the makers of benadryl for killing her child... even though it says right on the box "do not give to children to induce sleepiness"

:eek:

Orlando Sentinel is saying....

The new face belongs to Todd Macaluso, a California trial attorney who specializes in cross-examining witness, especially technical experts.

"This is my world. I deal with the best experts in the world and I deal with the best attorneys in the world," Macaluso said.

So my guess is he's there to pick apart the forensics. I will not comment on the last portion of the quote. *cough*

interesting... maybe they're gonna try to claim that KC gave caylee some "baby medicine" to make her sleepy because caylee was hyper... that's why she had problems with tantrums (the bookmarked pages in the parenting book found in her room) then they're gonna sue the makers of benadryl for killing her child... even though it says right on the box "do not give to children to induce sleepiness"

Still doesn't explain 31 DAYS, partying, stealing, lying, etc. And if that were the case, then why blame it on a nanny? She's got no defense here.

But, how do they explain the tape over Caylee's mouth?
Yeah, that too :)

I still don't understand why they are bringing him in. It's like musical attorney chairs or something.

OK...is this guy licensed to practice in Fla.....and is LKB still on board? On NG, someone said he was a brilliant lawyer, but is mainly in civil cases. AND, isn't someone else from Baez's law firm included in the trial, as well...Garcia, I think?

Like maybe the tox results on the TP roll and a syring looking thing in the bottle at the site came in?

How will he explain the duct tape around her mouth? Accidents usually do not require a way to silence the victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back