2009.03.03 GA suicide note

Kimmer

Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

GA does not want his suicide not release to the public..

This is my thought on this...When LE found him the note was IIRC in his vehicle..If that is the case and LE found the note not on his person..I do not feel that there is any right to privacy for this letter..Am I right to feel this way I dont know, but I do recall that the local LE who found GA turned that letter over to Orange County as there must have been something that had to do with this case...And if that is true then there is no way that this family should be able to cherry pick what evidence the SA chooses to use in this case...

JMO
Kimmer

I am not EVEN an A fan, but unless there's information in the note that bears on the case, I see no reason it should be released. (this is me being neutral and practical. :D)

I personally think it should be kept private.

The exception would be if LE and/or the SA believes it is relevant to the murder investigation.

I am not EVEN an A fan, but unless there's information in the note that bears on the case, I see no reason it should be released. (this is me being neutral and practical. :D)

I agree. Unless there is information in the letter pertaining to KC's case, the letter should remain private.

I personally think it should be kept private.

The exception would be if LE and/or the SA believes it is relevant to the murder investigation.

I agree totally, and can't understand why anyone would feel otherwise.

He said the note contains personal information that could be "embarrassing" to the family. He also said the contents of the note are irrelevant to the criminal case.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ny-george-suicide-note-030309,0,4875886.story

Well, the judge is the Honorable Stan Strickland. This is the same argument Jose used to keep the pictures out. Didn't work. Wonder if it will work for Conway.

I have more than a sneaking suspicion that there is plenty of content dealing with Caylee, which would make it of evidentiary value to the prosecution.

ITA - don't really see any need for it being entered into evidence UNLESS there is some sort of implication, accusation or confession relating to Caylee Marie.

Quoted from the linked article:
The couple's attorney, Brad Conway, wants Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland to stop the state from releasing the note as part of investigative documents that will become public in a few weeks. He requested a hearing for later this week, Conway said.

GAH! When are we EVER going to get the next doc dump???

I only feel it should be released if and only if he mentioned things that were pertanant to the case, and for that reason the letter was turned over to Orange County...I do not feel that it should be released as an attempt to only embarass the parents

I only feel it should be released if and only if he mentioned things that were pertanant to the case, and for that reason the letter was turned over to Orange County...I do not feel that it should be released as an attempt to only embarass the parents

agreed!

I don't feel like his personal pain should be made public just because he is Caylee's grandfather. If Caylee is mentioned at all in the suicide note, it would seem logical, she is his granddaughter that was murdered and dumped near his house. He probably does feel a huge amount of guilt since his daughter is the likely (yes, we all know she did it) murderer.

I feel sorry for him. He is in a lot of pain.

I'm relatively sure...just from past experience working in an ER...that when there is a suicide attempt and LE is involved, it's SOP to collect the suicide note.

I've been wrong before. :)

I feel that if it was turned over to Orange County, which it was, then it sounds like there may be some relevant info in there. Just my opinion. If it contains no relevant info, then the public has no business seeing it.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand. If the letter was in his vehicle, what gave law enforcement the right to go in there, meaning the vehicle, in the first place? Is suicide a crime in FL and if so, what are they allowed to take in the commision of the crime if it is one? I think he has a right to privacy if the letter was in his vehicle. If it was on his person I don't have an issue (I don't think), but I think his vehicle or his home is not an extension of him and so LE do not have a right to access beyond his person in this case. If it was a matter that the vehicle needed to be moved from the motel, it should have been towed properly and not searched. Were they concerned he might have a firearm in the vehicle and that gave them the right to search it? I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think LE needs to clarify how the note comes into play in this case and how it was put into "evidence" if that is what the note is. I have a problem with the whole GA suicide thing. To me, it seemed like he was a guy who needed to get out of the house and away from CA and the media and drink some beers in private. I'm not convince he was truely endangered.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

GA does not want his suicide not release to the public..

This is my thought on this...When LE found him the note was IIRC in his vehicle..If that is the case and LE found the note not on his person..I do not feel that there is any right to privacy for this letter..Am I right to feel this way I dont know, but I do recall that the local LE who found GA turned that letter over to Orange County as there must have been something that had to do with this case...And if that is true then there is no way that this family should be able to cherry pick what evidence the SA chooses to use in this case...

JMO
Kimmer

:highfive:

I don't want to read that suicide note. I hope the Judge rules in GA's favor on this one. the second best thing would be IF there is something in the note that pertains directly to the case that can not be substantiated in any other way, then do some cutting and pasting and release ONLY the pertinant info. Redact the rest of it. GA is battling his 'demons' and I don't think that battle should be played out in the media, or even here on WS.

I don't want to see the suicide note either. It is the thousand other pages I want to see.
I wonder though, how Conway knows that this letter is in the next group of documents to come out?

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand. If the letter was in his vehicle, what gave law enforcement the right to go in there, meaning the vehicle, in the first place? Is suicide a crime in FL and if so, what are they allowed to take in the commision of the crime if it is one? I think he has a right to privacy if the letter was in his vehicle. If it was on his person I don't have an issue (I don't think), but I think his vehicle or his home is not an extension of him and so LE do not have a right to access beyond his person in this case. If it was a matter that the vehicle needed to be moved from the motel, it should have been towed properly and not searched. Were they concerned he might have a firearm in the vehicle and that gave them the right to search it? I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think LE needs to clarify how the note comes into play in this case and how it was put into "evidence" if that is what the note is. I have a problem with the whole GA suicide thing. To me, it seemed like he was a guy who needed to get out of the house and away from CA and the media and drink some beers in private. I'm not convince he was truely endangered.

The search and seizure of the note is an interesting point. I think LE would go for the 'in plain sight' explanation and that they were looking in the car for a gun (since he had one previously). This would make a very interesting motion to surpress hearing, wouldn't it?

The search and seizure of the note is an interesting point. I think LE would go for the 'in plain sight' explanation and that they were looking in the car for a gun (since he had one previously). This would make a very interesting motion to surpress hearing, wouldn't it?

Could G have told them to go ahead and search the car?
I wonder if his mental state will impact their right to search, even with his permission. Hm...good question.

I am not interested in reading George's suicide note unless it is evidence against Casey.

Personally. I DO NOT think it was a REAL suicide note.........IMO, GA wanted to just go away for awhile. He couldn't take the stress, shopping for 'jewelry', his family........
so he had a couple beers and maybe a few pills, but as I read and see video's.......if GA was really going to do suicide, an ambulence would of been called.........he went to hospital in a police car and stayed at the hospital until he got rested up. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back