Will the trial begin as tenatively planned?

Will KC's trial begin 12 October, as is tenatively planned?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • No.

Votes: 66 73.3%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 8 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmMomma

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Reaction score
So, since the "tenative" trial date was set for 12 October, do you think the trial will begin as planned?

I, for one, hope so...but I'm not counting on it. You know JB loves his motions.

I am hoping it doesn't start in October, but that is for personal reasons. I voted no because I think the 'change of venue' issue will take a while to settle and then they have to coordinate with whatever city they decide on, find a suitable date that fits in with that Court's schedule, etc. etc.

I am thinking it will not happen until next year.

I'm not sure if it will start in Oct but as long as KC stays in jail I'm OK with that. I don't think KC will like being held in jail any longer, I wonder what her response was when JB told her that the trial was set for Oct and not March.

I also think the 'change of venue' will delay the start of trial.

I also think that the defense team will stretch out depositions as long as possible. Jb will stretch this out as long as he can, in hopes some of the notoriety will fade. (It won't, IMO)

Even in yesterday's hearing, it was very difficult to get JB to commit to picking up the jailhouse video by Wednesday. Both Judge Strickland and SA had to really prod to get even that to happen quickly.

I voted no, I don't see it happening for at least a year from now, maybee longer JMO

I also think that the defense team will stretch out depositions as long as possible. Jb will stretch this out as long as he can, in hopes some of the notoriety will fade. (It won't, IMO)

Even in yesterday's hearing, it was very difficult to get JB to commit to picking up the jailhouse video by Wednesday. Both Judge Strickland and SA had to really prod to get even that to happen quickly.

Yeah, I noticed that myself. That video was a MAJOR point in the hearing and yet he didn't know when he could 'get around' to getting it? :waitasec:

Yeah, I noticed that myself. That video was a MAJOR point in the hearing and yet he didn't know when he could 'get around' to getting it? :waitasec:

Exactly. Once he got the 15 day stay for AFTER he viewed it, he was very obvious in not wanting to pick it up any time soon, thus pushing the '15' day stay out as long as possible. If he could have gotten away with saying, "I'll watch it Friday," I believe he would have done so.

(Related note: If he does really want a 'full and proper' investigation into this 'conspiracy', then you'd think he'd want to jump on top of the issue more rapidly, to gather information, wouldn't you? I mean, he could always delay later during the trial phase. He knows that take is not good.)

Unless JB has changed his mind about asking for a change of venue, there's no way the trial will commence on October 12th.

I voted no. I have a feeling JB will come up with some lame excuse, but most important, I believe anything can happen btwn now and October.

Bolded by me.

This is one of the reasons I voted it won't start in Oct. How many depositions has JB taken so far? Seems to me JB spends too much time filing "moot" motions.

I voted no and will be suprised if it even gets to trial by early 2010

I'm not sure if it will start in Oct but as long as KC stays in jail I'm OK with that. I don't think KC will like being held in jail any longer, I wonder what her response was when JB told her that the trial was set for Oct and not March.

I bet she totally freaked.

I voted no too, never seen a high profile case that didn't get pushed out multiple times. This is only the second for this case I would think at least 2 more times.

BUT I should would like to see KC put in general population and let her see the real life she will be living for the rest of her life. Sick of her being pampered like she is a celebrity.

I voted no because I don't think the motion for a change of venue will be made until this summer and there will be a lot of wrangling over that issue. If JB gets a change of venue, it will then require being scheduled in another county, who may already have a full trial schedule. I really think it will be sometime in 2010.

I totally missed that JB was wishy-washy about getting the video. Though as I understand it, once he gets it/sees it, then it is actually part of the discovery and can be released, so that would explain his reluctance but personally I would feel like an idiot going into court and arguing this when the only thing I knew about it was what had been reported verbally.

I voted no too, never seen a high profile case that didn't get pushed out multiple times. This is only the second for this case I would think at least 2 more times.

BUT I should would like to see KC put in general population and let her see the real life she will be living for the rest of her life. Sick of her being pampered like she is a celebrity.

Think of it this way...

She is in protective custody because this is a high profile case. She is legally "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law". If she were put into general population then something would most certainaly happen and then the jail staff and the county and/or state would be held liable.

Does anyony really think that being able to order Ding Dongs and Top Ramen is celebrity treatment? Jail life is very restrictive...especially for someone like her.

I totally missed that JB was wishy-washy about getting the video. Though as I understand it, once he gets it/sees it, then it is actually part of the discovery and can be released, so that would explain his reluctance but personally I would feel like an idiot going into court and arguing this when the only thing I knew about it was what had been reported verbally.

I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong here, but the way I currently understand the ruling is that it is still under a 'stay' for 15 days (i.e. can't be made public) after JB receives it in order to give him time to file further motions.

So, depending on the outcome of further motions, which we know he will file, it could be out of 'public' discovery for a long time yet. His aim is to have a investigative review trial of the circumstances surrounding the video. He can stretch out depositions for ages and file many more motions yet.

And no, he did not come off well arguing it, did he? He spent all of his time spewing conspiracy theories.

In tragically ironic news, I just read that THIS CASE will go to trial on June 15, 2009.

No, I don't think it will. JB will drag his feet as long as he can. He doesn['t want to bring a losing case to trial in a speedy manner and so will set up as many roadblocks as possible to delay the ultimate outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow