1081 users online (224 members and 857 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Jamie Santos, 27, Wheeling, 28 Oct 1991

IL-Jamie Santos, 27 years old- unsolved murder

Originally posted by: anneinchicago, moved to cold case board for discussion

Unsolved Murder
    On Monday, October 28, 1991 at 11:35am the Wheeling Police Department responded to a call of a woman not breathing. Officers soon discovered that Jamie Santos, a 27 year old female, was the victim of homicide.
    A male caller went to a public phone in a shopping center at Buffalo Grove Rd. and Dundee Rd. in Buffalo Grove (a few blocks from her home) and made a 911 call in order to get Jamie medical help. The caller did not identify himself

This case is fascinating because LE has the recording of the 911 phone call (you can listen to it at the Wheeling Police website). After listening to it, I can only speculate that the caller is Jamie's killer. I can't find much information about the case or about Jamie (I haven't searched much online yet, though). The old show, "Unsolved Mysteries", featured the case in an episode from 1997: http://www.tv.com/Unsolved+Mysteries...7/summary.html

It mentions that Jamie was an exotic dancer and was smothered with a pillow in her home.
    Maima
    =======

quick quewstion........

Quote Originally Posted by maima View Post
    This case is fascinating because LE has the recording of the 911 phone call (you can listen to it at the Wheeling Police website). After listening to it, I can only speculate that the caller is Jamie's killer. I can't find much information about the case or about Jamie (I haven't searched much online yet, though). The old show, "Unsolved Mysteries", featured the case in an episode from 1997: http://www.tv.com/Unsolved+Mysteries...7/summary.html

It mentions that Jamie was an exotic dancer and was smothered with a pillow in her home.
    can you confirm or denied, that there was evidence in the home, of some kind of party, gathering, evidence there was others there, the night before, which was Sunday............thank you, ill wait for your answer.

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

You have not...

Quote Originally Posted by maima View Post

responded in a few days.......so i will just add that the caller, i believe is not the one that killed her,...but perhaps was the only one whom had a consious at the time.........and called it in, but didno0t want anyone whom else was there to know they called it in.......Im assuming, this occcured the night before, on Sunday..............she had been dead for several hours i am assuming.....................it was commited by someone, whom was there the night before, for i still beiliefgv there was a gathering of persons there........perhpas digging a little deeper into her personal business, contacts etc they will know..........if may had been someone whom became fixated on this person, a jealoous type of rage.........they had to obtain some DNA from the crime scene.......if a pillow was used, which at times, they never released the exact cause of death for various reasons...........it was done, for it was a quite way of doing it.........i also sense, once it was done, eveyone whom was there left in a hurry, to get out of htere.......and this person, stopped alone the way, to call it in.............
    ALL MOO. NOTHING FACTUAL OR FOR CERTAIN, ALL SPECULATION.

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

I can't seem to find anything else on this case to say what evidence they do have.

There is only one link that has the info.

Last I can find is from 2011 but at least still being looked at

Wheeling murder of Jamie Santos goes unsolved 20 years on

http://abc7chicago.com/archive/8409252/
    Trust Your Instincts

Unsolved Mysteries re-aired the case today. Sadly it's still unsolved.