KY KY - Albert 'Gary' Mitchell, 65, North Middletown, 26 Aug 2004

I didnt see him listed as a possible match, so it was worth a shot.
I cant find any other pictures of Albert Gary Mitchell.

------------------------------------------------------------

IMO: Not a match.
Pro: blue eyes
Con: medical problems, full head of black hair,
height, weight, partial dentures,

I didnt see him listed as a possible match, so it was worth a shot.
I cant find any other pictures of Albert Gary Mitchell.

Welcome BEV!! Given the missing date of AGM, that would give him less than a week to get to GA and be beaten...not much time to change appearance and morph into BK's stats as they were when he was found...jmo.

Keep looking though!!

Albert Gary Mitchell​

• albert_gary_mitchell_1.jpg
Mitchell, circa 2004
  • Missing Since 08/26/2004
  • Missing From North Middletown, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/18/1939 (83)
  • Age 65 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'0 - 6'2, 205 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Blue jeans, a blue denim shirt, black cowboy boots, a brown leather belt and a gold horseshoe ring with one carat's weight of diamonds on his right ring finger.
  • Medical Conditions Mitchell has high blood pressure and a heart condition. He is in need of medication which he does not have with him.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Tan 1992 GMC minivan with the Kentucky license plate number 270KDN
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Black hair, blue eyes. Mitchell wears eyeglasses and a partial denture plate. He may go by his middle name, Gary, or the initials A.G.

Details of Disappearance​

Mitchell was last seen when he went to the bank with his girlfriend in North Middletown, Kentucky on August 26, 2004. He has never been heard from again. His vehicle, a tan 1992 GMC minivan with the Kentucky license plate number 270KDN, disappeared with him and was never found.

Mitchell had been physically assaulted three weeks before he went missing, but it is unclear whether the incident had anything to do with his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.

Background

AG Mitchell was a long time fixture in the Central Kentucky Horse community. He was a regular at horse sales, swap meets, Court Days in Mt. Sterling, and at the stock yards in Richmond, Paris, and Lexington. Gary was a Vietnam Veteran and was proud of his service to the country. He regularly was treated at the VA Hospital in Lexington.

In the best sense of the term AG was a “Horse Trader.” He had the uncanny ability to buy an item for a discount and sell it for a premium. This talent did not allow AG to have many close friends. However, AG Mitchell, developed a very close relationship with is daughters, Billie Curtis and Bobbi Lacy. Gary had his daughters living with him on many occasions and was a stabilizing force in both of their lives.

August 2004

In August 2004 A.G. was the victim of an assault that occurred at his home on College Road in North Middletown, Kentucky. He was struck in his head and required dozens of stitches to sew him up. Alan Pierce was charged with the Assault in Bourbon Circuit Court. He entered a plea agreement with the Commonwealth to the charge of Assault 4th degree. This amendment was due in part to A.G. Mitchell not being available to testify. No one has ever been charged in relation to Gary’s disappearance.

Then on August 26, 2004 AG disappeared, never to be heard from again.

A search was conducted of his farm on College Road and his disappearance was broad cast on local television. To date, there had been no contact of any kind between Albert Gary Mitchell and his family.

Gary’s Children and Grandchildren Need Help

For over 5 years Gary’s daughters, Bobbie and Billie have been without their dad. His grandchildren have been without their grandfather. This loss has been difficult for his daughters to deal with. In the last 4 months Billie had experience a severe health crisis which has been life threatening. Bobbie has had made regrettable decisions and is currently in jail. Given the type of relationship the girls had with their father logic dictates that they no longer have the guiding hand of their father to keep them safe and away from trouble.

While it is hoped that Billie is able to make a full recovery, she has a long road ahead of her. In writing this post it is my hope that someone who reads this post will be able to provide information to allow the family to know what has happened to Gary and to ensure his final rest if he is deceased.

I wonder if he "disappeared" into a car-crusher.

I'm not far away from the area mentioned. There is a metal-recycling business nearby, that has a reputation for being a bit shady (not asking questions when people bring them things to scrap). Another man from the area who disappeared is also theorized by some of us locals to have been disposed of this way.

Reactions: ?!?
I wonder if he "disappeared" into a car-crusher.

I'm not far away from the area mentioned. There is a metal-recycling business nearby, that has a reputation for being a bit shady (not asking questions when people bring them things to scrap). Another man from the area who disappeared is also theorized by some of us locals to have been disposed of this way.

OUCH!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back