Wal-Mart customer in Mass. finds teeth in wallet

capoly

Reaction score
Wal-Mart customer in Mass. finds teeth in wallet
FALMOUTH, Mass. – A customer shopping at a Wal-Mart for a wallet claims he found something that definitely didn't fit the bill: human teeth.....

....Police investigating the incident told The Cape Cod Times that the teeth belong to an adult, but since there was no blood or gum tissue on the teeth, they would be unable to perform DNA tests.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090304/ap_on_fe_st/odd_teeth_in_wallet

Probably someone in China or Mexico is missing some teeth.

One of the teeth had a filling. I don't know how much things have changed in the dental world but I know I've read previous descriptions where they could tell what country the work was done in by the look and materials used. My initial (gruesome) thought was that this was some message from someone devious (think BTK) but there was no blood or tissue present. I assume that means these were teeth that fell out (no mention of them being broken). So I'm leaning perhaps towards "gross prank".

My first impression after reading this article is that the unknown man may have been wanting to sue for money. However, he didn't leave his name.

They may be able to identify him if they have him on camera inside Walmart and in the parking lot as he is leaving.

Very strange indeed. I look forward to any updates on this one.

ETA: also if they really wanted to ID this guy then they might be able to lift prints off the wallet but there is no telling who has handled it, so that would be a good way.

Gross!! Could you imagine that surprise? How strange!

A prank. Once, while working in a supermart dept. store, I witnessed a customer open a shoebox and there was a live lobster inside! When we reviewed the camera film, we saw a group of young guys take the lobster from the live lobster tank, and head to the shoe dept.

Some people have a weird sense of humor.

Could also be:
Someone intended on doing the old switcharoo...putting his/her belongings into a wallet (unpaid for) and leaving the old one behind but someone started watching them or they got spooked and left before retrieving the teeth.
****I believe i have read in some cultures it is lucky to carry around teeth and i think i even read that Hedi Klum carries around her own baby teeth??

I have kept all my kid's baby teeth,and when DD had her wisdom teeth removed I added those to my collection (although wisdom teeth are SERIOUSLY ugly things!)

DH had to have a couple of teeth pulled after his auto accident last year and after I got him home (not easy to do when someone is 6'6", 300 lbs, can't put any weight on his Rt leg and is wacked out on anesthetics!) I wished I had asked for his teeth! Weird, I know...but I'm a saver.

True story-my youngest son swallowed a straight pin as a baby. After a frantic ER trip and xray, fortunately the pin was head down (it was one of those big quilting pins witha bead on the head) and the doctor decided we could let it pass "naturally". Of course we had to save diapers and search for it...but when we finally found it I washed it well and saved the pin! Hubby thought I was nuts, but that thing had been through my baby's entire GI system!

S

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back