1205 users online (240 members and 965 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Girl, 9, aborts twins after rape

Unbelievable! Abortion is illegal in Brazil and some idiot said she should have carried the twins to term then have a c section!

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...842527630.html

A nine-year-old girl who was carrying twins, allegedly after being raped by her stepfather, has undergone an abortion despite complaints from Brazil's Roman Catholic church.

While I'm not pro-abortion (only in certain cases), this poor child could have died if she had been forced to carry these twins. Then would the church have considered it three murders? The twins and the little girl that was forced to carry them. I'm certain that they all would have died if she had tried to carry them to full term.

I'm not Pro-abortion either but cases like these are so shocking and put me in an awful dilemma in my mind when I think about them. That poor little girl.
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    How ridiculous to expect a nine-year-old to carry twins!!! Like others said, I'm not pro-abortion either but come on!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

I agree with everyone else here, although I am pro-abortion and most of you are not. I would much rather someone abort an unwanted baby than kill, torture, or hate it once it gets here. That poor girl, I hope she is getting counseling.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    I agree with everyone else here, although I am pro-abortion and most of you are not. I would much rather someone abort an unwanted baby than kill, torture, or hate it once it gets here. That poor girl, I hope she is getting counseling.
    Well of course no one wants to see a child brought into the world only to be abused. It's just there are so many couples out there that would love to have a baby and can't that I wish women would think more about adoption when they're in a situation where they think that they can't, or don't want to raise a child.

I am strongly for rape/incest victims being offered medication to prevent pregnancy. Nobody should have to be traumatized twice. I don't even think a victim should have to go through an abortion if we have the technology to prevent the pregnancy from happening. (I know the details here were a bit different but this is my opinion in general on the subject).

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    I am pro-life, but for someone to suggest that a 9 year old carry TWINS to term is insane.
    I hope her step father is punished SEVERELY...and I hope this young girl gets counseling in order to live a semi-normal, healthy life.
    Wow. There is so much I could say, but there just aren't words.
    Last edited by EmMomma; 03-05-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: can't spell
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

This is horrible all the way around!

To use EmMomma's words...Wow. There is so much I could say, but there just aren't words.
    Anything I can talk you into someone else can talk you out of...

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    Well of course no one wants to see a child brought into the world only to be abused. It's just there are so many couples out there that would love to have a baby and can't that I wish women would think more about adoption when they're in a situation where they think that they can't, or don't want to raise a child.
    This is not a woman. This is a CHILD that was RAPED.

6angels, I understand that. If you read my original post I said I thought it was for the best. No way would I expect a 9 year old girl to give birth to her step-father's child or any child for that matter.

What you quoted was in response to someone's else post about abortion was a better alternative to giving birth to a baby that you didn't want and abusing the child. I was just stating that in that situation (with a GROWN WOMAN) I wished that they would choose adoption.

It gets worse.....
    Bishop punishes mom for daughter's abortion
    RIO DE JANEIRO - A Roman Catholic archbishop says the abortion of twins carried by a 9-year-old girl who allegedly was raped by her stepfather means excommunication for the girl's mother and her doctors.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29531755

Yes it did get worse wildTrose. As if it could. Now they are being excommunicated? That is like death to a devout catholic. Man oh Man.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Poor girl! Nine years old seems really young to be having peirod. She had to have been in third or fourth grade is all. Wow, so sad for this little girl.
    "What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are." - C.S. Lewis

Girls are having their period earlier now, I think. This poor girl. And the family excommunicated? I hope everybody blames the STEPFATHER, and not the GIRL. Put blame where blame is due.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast