Girl, 9, aborts twins after rape

While I'm not pro-abortion (only in certain cases), this poor child could have died if she had been forced to carry these twins. Then would the church have considered it three murders? The twins and the little girl that was forced to carry them. I'm certain that they all would have died if she had tried to carry them to full term.

I'm not Pro-abortion either but cases like these are so shocking and put me in an awful dilemma in my mind when I think about them. That poor little girl.

How ridiculous to expect a nine-year-old to carry twins!!! Like others said, I'm not pro-abortion either but come on!

I agree with everyone else here, although I am pro-abortion and most of you are not. I would much rather someone abort an unwanted baby than kill, torture, or hate it once it gets here. That poor girl, I hope she is getting counseling.

I agree with everyone else here, although I am pro-abortion and most of you are not. I would much rather someone abort an unwanted baby than kill, torture, or hate it once it gets here. That poor girl, I hope she is getting counseling.

Well of course no one wants to see a child brought into the world only to be abused. It's just there are so many couples out there that would love to have a baby and can't that I wish women would think more about adoption when they're in a situation where they think that they can't, or don't want to raise a child.

I am strongly for rape/incest victims being offered medication to prevent pregnancy. Nobody should have to be traumatized twice. I don't even think a victim should have to go through an abortion if we have the technology to prevent the pregnancy from happening. (I know the details here were a bit different but this is my opinion in general on the subject).

I am pro-life, but for someone to suggest that a 9 year old carry TWINS to term is insane.
I hope her step father is punished SEVERELY...and I hope this young girl gets counseling in order to live a semi-normal, healthy life.
Wow. There is so much I could say, but there just aren't words. :(

This is horrible all the way around!

To use EmMomma's words...Wow. There is so much I could say, but there just aren't words. :(

Well of course no one wants to see a child brought into the world only to be abused. It's just there are so many couples out there that would love to have a baby and can't that I wish women would think more about adoption when they're in a situation where they think that they can't, or don't want to raise a child.
This is not a woman. This is a CHILD that was RAPED.

6angels, I understand that. If you read my original post I said I thought it was for the best. No way would I expect a 9 year old girl to give birth to her step-father's child or any child for that matter.

What you quoted was in response to someone's else post about abortion was a better alternative to giving birth to a baby that you didn't want and abusing the child. I was just stating that in that situation (with a GROWN WOMAN) I wished that they would choose adoption.

It gets worse.....
Bishop punishes mom for daughter's abortion
RIO DE JANEIRO - A Roman Catholic archbishop says the abortion of twins carried by a 9-year-old girl who allegedly was raped by her stepfather means excommunication for the girl's mother and her doctors.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29531755

Yes it did get worse wildTrose. As if it could. Now they are being excommunicated? That is like death to a devout catholic. Man oh Man.

Poor girl! Nine years old seems really young to be having peirod. She had to have been in third or fourth grade is all. Wow, so sad for this little girl.

Girls are having their period earlier now, I think. This poor girl. And the family excommunicated? I hope everybody blames the STEPFATHER, and not the GIRL. Put blame where blame is due.

With great, great respect, I have to say this. I mean no personal insult to any Catholic. Heck, I'm one, though not a "good" one....

I find it very, very disturbing that anyone, and the Catholic Church, would have any issue in this case. To excommunicate this family is wrong. A 9 year old child is raped, and judgment is this swift? What about the "man" who did this to her??? *But*, this is wrong enough for religious support and ties to be cut????

A 9 year old is a child. I will put this out there with absolutely no doubt nor remorse. I would have had the same procedure done for my daughter. I would never think twice about it. My love for my daughter would supercede any person or any religion. Period. It is beyond troubling that this family must go through even more grief from a Church that should be compassionate. Open arms in supportive hugs that we are told is there. When they all need it the most.

Off my soapbox. I hope I caused no issues for anyone.

Girls are having their period earlier now, I think. This poor girl. And the family excommunicated? I hope everybody blames the STEPFATHER, and not the GIRL. Put blame where blame is due.

The stepfather wasn't mention as one of those being excommunicated......??

Sometimes there's no where to go with a thought....when the thought is so mind boggling.

I wasn't implying that anyone would want a child to be abused, just stating my reason for being pro-choice. While there are nice people that genuinely want a baby and would love it there are also a lot of sickos that adopt children just to hurt them and if I found myself with an unwanted pregnancy, I just could not take that chance. And it may just be me, but it seems that there are a lot more babies/children that need adopting than there are good families that will take them.

---
We are not talking about a "woman" here. We are talking about a little nine year old girl who was raped by her stepfather. A horrendous crime. There should have never been any debate on whether this little girl should be subjected to more pain and horror and yes, maybe even death. Have you ever noticed that when you hear that the "church" thinks that the little girl should endure having the twins, that it is really "men in the church" who know absolutely nothing about little girls or birthing children. The only thing they know about is impregnating the little girls. Priest shouldn't even know about that. I have a real problem with "men of the church" deciding that this little girl should suffer more abuse. Disgusting.

I think it's quite possible that this will go above the bishop in that area. I'm waiting to see.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back