1214 users online (245 members and 969 guests)  

Websleuths News

Police: 2-week-old Ariz. girl dies in dog attack

A Chow

MESA, Ariz. A 2-week-old Arizona girl has died after being attacked by the family's dog in their home.
    Mesa police detective Steve Berry says police were called Wednesday night by a woman who said her daughter had been bitten by a family dog.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090305/...2xpY2UyLXdlZWs-

How heart-breaking. I wish people wouldn't leave their infants near any kind of dog alone for any amount of time. There are too many stories about this same thing lately.
    We only have a cat, and it will never be left alone with my baby when I have him. I don't trust animals and babies.

This is a very sad. I had a chow and sheppard mix as a child she was more like chow though with alot of jet black hair and a blue tounge, and she was a very good dog, she was very protective and would not let any strangers come near us. She knew some commands shake hands, sit, speak etc. Someone tried to break in our home and she scared them off, her hair raised straight up on her back and she went right at the window they were trying to come through. Thankfully the intruder got scared and ran away. She passed away at the age of 16.My heart go's out to this family, how horrible, they are in my thoughts and prayers.

As much as I love my dog, he is a dog, and I would never leave him alone with a child. As a matter of fact when we're outside and a child asks if he bites I always say "he could". Not that I think he would but I wouldn't want to take that chance with my child or anyone else's.

I'm the same way with the neighborhood kids lizzybeth! In this sue-happy world we live in, none of the kids are allowed around my pups-even though they have never hurt anyone.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    As much as I love my dog, he is a dog, and I would never leave him alone with a child. As a matter of fact when we're outside and a child asks if he bites I always say "he could". Not that I think he would but I wouldn't want to take that chance with my child or anyone else's.
    I have a Rottweiler and people ask me all the time is she bites and I tell them. "Well she has teeth doesn't she." Even though she is the sweetest thing ever I am so scared that the wrong person will walk up to her and she just won't like them. I have had her for 4 years and she has never showed me a reason to be scared. But she is a dog and dogs do have teeth and could use them. Why anyone would ever leave a baby alone with a dog is beyond my comprehension.

Anyway my little boston mix is the one who will bite you in a heart beat and no one ever asks if he bites. The construction workers next door think it funny to poke fingers through the fence to see if he will bite them. And he drew blood on one idiot. Even after I told them not to tease him because he bites.
    Shhhhh..........we're watching Nancy Grace.