760 users online (111 members and 649 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NC - Woman Charged With Disrupting Funeral, Hitting Body

How horrible of this woman! Maybe she has mental issues?

A North Carolina woman shocked a mourning family when she showed up at a funeral and danced in front of them before opening the casket and striking the body, The Greenville News reported Thursday.
    Nicole Leonard, 25, was charged with public disorderly conduct and disturbing a funeral after the incident, which occurred on Tuesday at the Church of God in Gray Court, N.C.
    Family members told the paper that they had no idea who she was when she interrupted the service, dancing around and waving a wand around the casket. She then laid her hands on the corpse’s face and struck it with the wand.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,505171,00.html

I wouldn't jump the gun on her mental state yet. I never attended the funeral of the man who molested me. (it was a step father.. and my sister had to bury him without me there)... Because I knew I'd end up there and chances were good I'd make a scene listening to his wonderful life, blah blah blah.

Maybe this guy did something to this woman.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

People are so weird..........................

Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    I wouldn't jump the gun on her mental state yet. I never attended the funeral of the man who molested me. (it was a step father.. and my sister had to bury him without me there)... Because I knew I'd end up there and chances were good I'd make a scene listening to his wonderful life, blah blah blah.

Maybe this guy did something to this woman.
    The rest of the link said this:

"The woman told deputies she knew no one at the church, according to the report."

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    The rest of the link said this:

"The woman told deputies she knew no one at the church, according to the report."
    I thought I read the whole thing. Did she say she knew the deceased though? Just seeing the wording, she may not have known anyone else at the church yup. Anyway, maybe she is mental or maybe she was hurt in someway long ago, saw his obituary and decided to give him a send off...

Here is her myspace page, her mugshot picture looked totally different than the one she has on my space. http://www.myspace.com/saint****ingtheresa

http://www.wspa.com/spa/news/local/a...funeral/15256/
    People attending the guys funeralspeak out on this video about what she done. You ca also see the mugshot.

She is a massage therapist, and was released from the Johnson Detention Center on Wednesday, according to jail officials and tickets.

She also has her own website.

I don't see any reason or evidence to support the idea that the deceased may have done anything to this woman. She didn't even live in the area! If her nutty behavior is going to bring about accusatory speculation about the dead man, then she did worse than disrupt the funeral.
    "Deputies said Leonard told them she behaved the way she did because she "felt it was the right thing to do at the time." She said she was driving through the area from North Carolina and did not know anyone at the church."
    http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...38/1004/NEWS01

I didn't read anything concerning abuse in this story. I'm not sure there that came from.

How sad that this family had to go through this. My goodness, I cannot imagine having anyone behave so horribly like this lady did. I don't think there are "mental" issues. I think she is just one angry woman. A scary and angry woman. Blech....
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

From Laura's second link:

"The sheriff tells us she will also undergo mental evaluations." Maybe they had suspicions too?

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryLife View Post
    I didn't read anything concerning abuse in this story. I'm not sure there that came from.

How sad that this family had to go through this. My goodness, I cannot imagine having anyone behave so horribly like this lady did. I don't think there are "mental" issues. I think she is just one angry woman. A scary and angry woman. Blech....
    I was the one that brought up a potential abuse because of my own story (see post above). I just thought people would jump to assumptions without getting the entire story, which I don't know know what it is myself.

I just questioned that maybe there was a motive for her doing what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    From Laura's second link:

"The sheriff tells us she will also undergo mental evaluations." Maybe they had suspicions too?
    I agree they did have suspicions also ... this is off of her website, ‘My private office is tucked away in a serene valley surrounded by an amazing mountain-scape. My loving energy and slow flowing technique provide a truly outstanding relaxation massage. I used my knowledge and ability to help those around me by offering free massage therapy on an unprofessional level.’
    I'm Not sure what she means by offering massage therapy on unprofessional levels. But I think it sounds bad personally.

Quote Originally Posted by laura08 View Post
    I agree they did have suspicions also ... this is off of her website, ‘My private office is tucked away in a serene valley surrounded by an amazing mountain-scape. My loving energy and slow flowing technique provide a truly outstanding relaxation massage. I used my knowledge and ability to help those around me by offering free massage therapy on an unprofessional level.’
    I'm Not sure what she means by offering massage therapy on unprofessional levels. But I think it sounds bad personally.
    Well I know what it makes me think! Yeah, sounds bad.

Hoo boy. She's something else. I hope they can get her help after the eval.

ETA: Pattycake when I read the first article, the fact that she may have known the deceased crossed my mind too. For very simular reasons you stated. That was my first reaction to be honest. As always MHO.
    Last edited by Kat; 03-05-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: a note to pattycake
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Hmm maybe she did know him...

This reminds me of our old neighbor, her husband died suddenly in a car accident, next day she found out he had been cheating on her.
    She found cards, letters etc...
    So she goes to his funeral and punches him in his casket right in front of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by laura08 View Post
    My sister is a massage therapist and I think that sounds bad too! Perhaps she means she offers some of her services for free - or does trades. In any event, it is poorly worded. NC has fairly strict licensure requirements for massage therapists.

It sounds to me like this woman has some mental health issues and I am glad she is being evaluated.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!