1184 users online (223 members and 961 guests)  

Websleuths News

Former Monkee Peter Tork says he has cancer

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29539992/

Rare form of disease hasn't spread past tongue, prognosis said to be good

"Peter Tork, a former member of the 1960s pop group the Monkees, says he has a rare form of head and neck cancer, but the prognosis is good.

The 67-year-old Tork had surgery Wednesday in New York. His spokeswoman says he is doing well and will begin radiation treatment after a short recovery period.

He announced on his Web site Tuesday that he has been diagnosed with adenoid cystic carcinoma on the lower region of his tongue. He says it's an uncommon but slow-growing type of cancer, and it hasn't spread beyond the initial site."

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery to Peter, the Monkees were my fav when I was in early elementary school (ahhh the 60's )

For a reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Kat,
    I loved the Monkees as a kid too. Peter was always my favorite. I wish him well.

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    Aw, I LOVED the Monkees.
    Here's hoping for a speedy recovery...
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

Blessings and (((hugs)))) to him and family!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Loved? I still love the Monkees. I hope he makes a full recovery.

I was 12 when the Monkees' TV show started and I adored Micky Dolenz, but I actually loved all of them. I hope Peter makes a speedy recovery, he is a great guy.

Nyla 4, I'm with you - still love 'em. Prayers for Peter to recover smoothly!!

Still Love All THE MONKEYS. Get well Peter. (I always married Davey though, when we played pretend)

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Still Love All THE MONKEYS. Get well Peter. (I always married Davey though, when we played pretend)

I'll have to tell my sister that because she thought she married him.

Funny, didn't see any of you guys at the wedding when I married him!! My Monkees CDs are ones I always take on long car trips!! When I hit 5'3" I said I wasn't going to grow anymore because he was 5'3". I'm probably closer to 5'4" now but when asked I ALWAYS say 5'3".

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29539992/

Rare form of disease hasn't spread past tongue, prognosis said to be good

"Peter Tork, a former member of the 1960s pop group the Monkees, says he has a rare form of head and neck cancer, but the prognosis is good.

The 67-year-old Tork had surgery Wednesday in New York. His spokeswoman says he is doing well and will begin radiation treatment after a short recovery period.

He announced on his Web site Tuesday that he has been diagnosed with adenoid cystic carcinoma on the lower region of his tongue. He says it's an uncommon but slow-growing type of cancer, and it hasn't spread beyond the initial site."

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery to Peter, the Monkees were my fav when I was in early elementary school (ahhh the 60's )

For a reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts

Me, too! My first ever fav band......and Peter was my most fav Monkee!